Scottish Cup - 2023/24

1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

The funny thing is, Cormack was probably looking at how Naismith turned their form around from the first half of the season & was adamant Robson was going to do the same “any day now!”.

Barring a massive collapse (or a non-old firm SC win) we’ve allowed them a complete canter at European group stages for two of the last three seasons. Embarrassing stuff. 

Hearts to be fair also have a few wide players with pace and skill something we severely lack.. And it pains me to say it but defensively they are pretty good.  only 10 points of Rangers albeit they have a game in hand but still , just proves how poor the big two have been and a little bit of consistency from Hearts has them well ahead of the rest

23 minutes ago, englishred said:

Hearts to be fair also have a few wide players with pace and skill something we severely lack.. And it pains me to say it but defensively they are pretty good.  only 10 points of Rangers albeit they have a game in hand but still , just proves how poor the big two have been and a little bit of consistency from Hearts has them well ahead of the rest

Good indicator that in an 18 team league, with the pair of Glasgow parasites having a poor season, it would be possible for an Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts having a good season to significantly close the gap and mount a serious league challenge for the title.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Good indicator that in an 18 team league, with the pair of Glasgow parasites having a poor season, it would be possible for an Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts having a good season to significantly close the gap and mount a serious league challenge for the title.

Which is exactly why it will never be allowed to happen 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Yeah agreed.  I'd rather one of them win it than those scum bags. also if we got our house in order we could be up there too,  in fact a 18 team league might encourage a bit more investment as people will actually realise there's an opportunity to win it.

4 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

DM deemed Shankland surplus to requirements.

To be fair to McInnes Shankland more or less admitted he wasn’t up to the standard required, he went part time, trained hard, got his fitness up and progressed then. Took one step back to take many steps forward. He’s done it by hard work.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Six & a half years since we parted company with an overweight, undermotivated Shankland. No way McInnes could have known the player he'd become and had Shankland not been shown the door he may never have got to where he is now.

And let's be honest, prior to joining Hearts, questions remained over Shankland's ability to cut it at this level.

Fair play to him, he's developed into a cracking front man (not as good as Bojan) and when he leaves he'll net Hearts a healthy profit (not as much as Bojan).

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Only a lunatic would suggest we’re better than Hearts at the moment 

Apart from Bojan, Devlin and McGrath we are fucking hopeless 

Warnock is a genius if he leads us to anything of substance this season 

The latter two been posted missing of late, if you're asking me 

• Confused 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Aye we should have stood by him being shite for about 6 years in hope of him eventually being good instead of having Rooney & Cosgrove score 20+ every season 

we literally have a better striker now. He’s never been good enough to be our striker. We’ve always had someone better in that position. Fair play to him though, he’s done well

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

To be fair to McInnes Shankland more or less admitted he wasn’t up to the standard required, he went part time, trained hard, got his fitness up and progressed then. Took one step back to take many steps forward. He’s done it by hard work.

Pretty mad to think that this is shankland with his fitness “up”. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His lack of pace & his weight means he’d struggle in a good league. 
Looks good in an utterly shite SPFL.

He's already flopped in Belgium.  Hearts will be the pinnacle of the fat wasters career. 

Hearts 😂

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

What is this pish in the Daily Hun/Scottish “Gossip” about?

Aberdeen's Scottish Cup quarter-final clash with Kilmarnock will be given added spice by their involvement in the notorious 'Battle of Bramall Lame' match from 2002. (Daily Record)

where is Bramall Lame?

I assume that is you having an aimless dig at guff football but if you haven’t seen it you need to get yourself onto YouTube for a real treat. Football glory days 

• Site Sponsor
3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I assume that is you having an aimless dig at guff football but if you haven’t seen it you need to get yourself onto YouTube for a real treat. Football glory days 

More a dig at the Daily Hun which canna get anything right. 

I’ve heard of Bramall Lane, never heard of Bramall Lame though. 

Aye, I saw that game 😂

Hopefully McInnes gets another headbutt at the battle of Pittodrie 😂

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1