Holidays 2024

The Buzzard

2 hours ago, Bluto10 said:

agreed.

they’re ace.

decent hull > rdam one as well clydeside

Travelled on that way-back-when, in 1990 - we were going to see East Berlin before it began to undergo big changes. 

Me, my Dad and my Grandad.

My Dads new Ford Sierra broke down on the M74 and my mum had to bring her Mk1 Nissan Micra down so we could continue the journey in that!  

Was a great trip, remember it quite vividly.  We saw all the British paratrooper stuff in/around Arnhem too.  I remember getting to try to chisel bits of the Berlin wall off  (it was f*cking tough) and remember standing under the Brandenburg Tor as my Dad was buying uniform hats from ex-east german servicemen, now unemployed.

Quite the journey in the days before sat nav!

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Travelled on that way-back-when, in 1990 - we were going to see East Berlin before it began to undergo big changes. 

Me, my Dad and my Grandad.

My Dads new Ford Sierra broke down on the M74 and my mum had to bring her Mk1 Nissan Micra down so we could continue the journey in that!  

Was a great trip, remember it quite vividly.  We saw all the British paratrooper stuff in/around Arnhem too.  I remember getting to try to chisel bits of the Berlin wall off  (it was f*cking tough) and remember standing under the Brandenburg Tor as my Dad was buying uniform hats from ex-east german servicemen, now unemployed.

Quite the journey in the days before sat nav!

Sounds fucking ace min.

What a trip it must have been.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been to a couple of 40k weddings in Aberdeen and the honeymoons were in Bali. Always thought it was some luxurious destination.

Get here and it just gets slagged by everyone as being a minkers paradise. 

can’t wait to go and get a tattoo. ‘Highland Gout’ 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

You been there Mick or are you talking out of your arse again?

Course ive been there. Im not one to have such an informed opinion on a place without being there first. 
Sorry i hurt your feelings. I know your silly brags mean a lot to you on here.

edit to add: its well known that its the Benidorm for ozzies, dont act like you dont know that. 

Bali’s not the worst. But in the UK there is the perception that its some sort of exotic paradise, and to an extent it is compared to the Bridge of Don. 

When you get there its obvious that its just Tenerife for mullet-class ozzies. Nowt wrong with that but old stinkos obviously seething that ive let that cat out the bag. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Bali’s not the worst. But in the UK there is the perception that its some sort of exotic paradise, and to an extent it is compared to the Bridge of Don. 

When you get there its obvious that its just Tenerife for mullet-class ozzies. Nowt wrong with that but old stinkos obviously seething that ive let that cat out the bag. 

You seem to be obsessed mick.

Eh said eh was going to Bali, nowt else 

12 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

ryanscare to Kaunus for buttons then train through to Vilnius for £6

ideally then get an overnight train to Minsk for £18

but not yet worked out the visa shenanigans

Minsk is quality.

You can (could) get visa free entry by flying into Minsk (for buttons with the local airline) but needed a full visa for the train.

Great route to sneak into Russia if you’re into that sort of thing.

54 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

When you get there it’s obvious that it’s just Tenerife for mullet-class ozzies. Nowt wrong with that but old stinkos obviously seething that ive let that cat out the bag. 

Heard that North Bali is superior to Southern Bali in every single way.