Holidays 2024

The Buzzard

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

I’ve been to a couple of 40k weddings in Aberdeen and the honeymoons were in Bali. Always thought it was some luxurious destination.

Get here and it just gets slagged by everyone as being a minkers paradise. 

can’t wait to go and get a tattoo. ‘Highland Gout’ 

40,000 guests seems excessive.

5 hours ago, Poodler said:

I’ve been to a couple of 40k weddings in Aberdeen and the honeymoons were in Bali. Always thought it was some luxurious destination.

Get here and it just gets slagged by everyone as being a minkers paradise. 

can’t wait to go and get a tattoo. ‘Highland Gout’ 

Better and safer to buy a packet of bubble gum that it is accompanied with a lick-the-back-of-your-hand transfer, Poodler min, rather than get a tattoo from a dodgy, back street Indonesian studio.

4 hours ago, dave_min said:

You can (could) get visa free entry by flying into Minsk (for buttons with the local airline) but needed a full visa for the train.

Great route to sneak into Russia if you’re into that sort of thing.

Useful info, thanks.  Doubt I'd be able to sneak over to St Pete's without the full monty visa in hand, though

7 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Amazing, Id love to visit Chile.  Enjoy.

Thanks, CS. We've spent some time in Chilean Patagonia the past week and Torres del Paine is probably the most stunning place I've seen on this planet - absolutely incredible. 

Looking forward to seeing Santiago. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Thanks, CS. We've spent some time in Chilean Patagonia the past week and Torres del Paine is probably the most stunning place I've seen on this planet - absolutely incredible. 

Be sure to post some pictures!

How have you managed with language skills in South America?  Do you have any spanish / portugese?

17 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Be sure to post some pictures!

How have you managed with language skills in South America?  Do you have any spanish / portugese?

Dunno how @Bluto10 would cope if I posted pictures. 😂

My Spanish isn't great. Got on better in Argentina than Chile tbh. Chileans speak quick as fuck 😂. Doing alright though. Just need to keep practicing and being prepared to try and end up looking stupid. 

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Dunno how @Bluto10 would cope if I posted pictures. 😂

My Spanish isn't great. Got on better in Argentina than Chile tbh. Chileans speak quick as fuck 😂. Doing alright though. Just need to keep practicing and being prepared to try and end up looking stupid. 

You get more fluent the more beers yi drink. Science

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

How long you on your hols Parky? You got an open return?

36 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

How long you on your hols Parky? You got an open return?

For once the snake is correct, I'm not on "holiday" as such. 

Open return, yeah, let's go with that. No defined date of a final return, will be home for a week in June before going to the euros. Might go somewhere else in July after watching us win that. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

For once the snake is correct, I'm not on "holiday" as such. 

Open return, yeah, let's go with that. No defined date of a final return, will be home for a week in June before going to the euros. Might go somewhere else in July after watching us win that. 

Are you a fugitive parky? 
on the run after being framed, possibly by a one armed man?

10 hours ago, sigh said:

You walking the tour, or up the hill itself - or just chillin in one of the towns at the base?

Le tour. Have you done it? 9 days or summin, I dunno, she arranged it all. I just made sure I would be in ecosse for a euro group game