Aberdeen v Sevco - League Cup Final 2023

We rode our luck to get to the Final, but having done so what an opportunity ... and we threw it away.

This is 100% on Robson and his tactical choices. I could live with them if they were effective, but they're not. They don't work and time and again he's shown a stubborn inability to learn.

I hope Barry will be shown the door, but not naive enough to believe that'll happen anytime soon. Right now all enthusiasm for the remainder of the season's been drained.

Some great posts above which are for some of you gonna be some tough home truths to read..

We have a fucking coach, not a manager - am entirely grateful for Robson's run - why would any fan not be - but the truth is Pollock, McDonald - Shinnie were the reason for this bounce.

We have been found wanting this season tactically. I have no truck with the guy - none, I just know that a more experienced manager delivers more from a very promising sqaud.

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Cape Verde is a set of Islands off the coast of Africa.

Aye, I know, I have a map of Africa on my wall, and one of Asia. Cape Verde is a Member of the African Union. Just because it's an island nation, doesn't mean that it isn't, "in Africa". Just as Malta is, "in Europe". Folk on this site, man, fuck me. Duk himself has stated that he is, "proud to be Portuguese and proud to be African." Case closed (hopefully).

6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

This squad is the best in years. Totally let down by the retard manager. 

It is and it isn't, the squads built to play narrow football, Clarkson needs to be on ball.more and have attacking outlets to find,(wingers, or balls down the side of strikers to run onto)  it's so obvious now they have just been told to turn and hit, I think the only 2 players that have impressed me this season is Miovski and I didn't think I'd say this Polvara, there's something there with him, not sure of his best position is yet, but he's starting to grow whereas Shinnie and Hayes are the opposite 😓

7 minutes ago, virtualmontana said:

Some great posts above which are for some of you gonna be some tough home truths to read..

We have a fucking coach, not a manager - am entirely grateful for Robson's run - why would any fan not be - but the truth is Pollock, McDonald - Shinnie were the reason for this bounce.

We have been found wanting this season tactically. I have no truck with the guy - none, I just know that a more experienced manager delivers more from a very promising sqaud.

Ramadani did so much work for that side and it goes so unnoticed, doing the same in Italy this season and potentially away to move again. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

We rode our luck to get to the Final, but having done so what an opportunity ... and we threw it away.

This is 100% on Robson and his tactical choices. I could live with them if they were effective, but they're not. They don't work and time and again he's shown a stubborn inability to learn.

I hope Barry will be shown the door, but not naive enough to believe that'll happen anytime soon. Right now all enthusiasm for the remainder of the season's been drained.

That's just it, had this been an intense game with 15 shots on target by both sides and it finished 3-1 to the Huns, then fair enough, good show, lads, but it was a terrible performance of shapeless anti-football for no reason. In a final, you go for it, you aren't playing for a draw and Scottish football's reputation hasn't been built on legendary shootouts. No, you go out and play attacking football, take risks and if you get beat, you can at least say you gave it laldy.

I have a bad feeling that the Dons will fragment now unless Robson gets his jotters and a proper manager comes in, not some run-of-the-mill nobody with no vision.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, minijc said:

Welcome back Del Monte

I'm in no way advocating the return of Del, however, I do wonder how he would have got on had he been given the backing the next 3 managers were instead of been given Kamberi, Hendry and Hornby. 

Not worth spending long thinking about but it's a massive "what if".

What an embarrassing advert for scottish football. They were crap and we were worse. All that booting the ball up in the air.  On average we managed 3 passes strung together. Clarkson and Shinnie, woeful as usual. Our midfield for me, is our achilles heal. Its non existent. Defensively, I thought we bossed it. Lack of width is making life hard for us. Another poor performance at Hampden.

1 hour ago, G man said:

There were a few dodgy decisions. How did Lundstrom avoid a second yellow for his block on Shinnie?

Exactly min, the game was riddled with some awful decisions, 100% of them going in favour of them odious bastards.

As you quite rightly say, that plodder John Lundstram should gave received a second booking and Jack Butland should have received a red card for wiping out Luis Lopes.

23 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

I'm in no way advocating the return of Del, however, I do wonder how he would have got on had he been given the backing the next 3 managers were instead of been given Kamberi, Hendry and Hornby. 

Not worth spending long thinking about but it's a massive "what if".

Sadly he didn't want to buy into the system that comes with the backing, so there's no guarantee we end up with this squad had McInnes still be here.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We can hate these orange cunts as much as we like, but we should aim more anger at the cunt in the dug out, whose tactics were fucking pathetic, but we’ve seen it often enough.

Fucking arsehole. 
Really hate him being our manager. 

@aberdeen1970

Yer a passive, aggressive prick 🤡

Hope yer next shite is a foot long razor blade 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

Ignore him, he's from the goldfish ball that is Glasgow and takes any criticism personally.

Remember when he said that it was unfair that Celtic had to play at Murrayfield against Hearts but he's fine with Rangers and Celtic playing at Hampden.

He's descended into shoofta level of posting.

That, never happened 

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

I didn’t say that!

Any decent manager, the likes of whom we were talking about, aren’t  cheap, and not usually readily available.

Factor in also, that the SPFL isn’t a “top” league, geography, and the likelihood of toppling those two horrible clubs being nil, and it’s not the most attractive proposition for a manager that may have won trophies/leagues elsewhere.That goes for Hearts or any other Scottish club also.

See I get your point but how many managers get the chance to manage in Europe ? Not many down South. That's what pissed me off about McInnes; he never took Europe as seriously as he should have. Absolutely took it for granted. Get to past Christmas in Europe whatever the competition and managing in Scotland ? You're going to get noticed...

57 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

This squad is the best in years. Totally let down by the retard manager. 

Squad, maybe. First team, I'd argue teams with peak Hayes, Shinnie, McGinn, McLean, Jack, Ferguson, Maddison, Christie, Rooney, Cosgrove, Reynolds and Lewis have been better. But agree, we should be better than we currently are.