Aberdeen v Sevco - League Cup Final 2023

Whilst it wasn't our greatest ever performance, it was bloody stoic.

I'm aghast at the negativity that's getting bounded about regarding our performance today. We never deserved to lose.

Hardly any mention of the two penalties we should gave got and the fact that VAR chose not to intervene on both incidents. 

Slobodan Rubezic (apart from one moment when he needlessly ended up on the right hand touchline in the second half) was excellent and very unlucky to direct the winner into the net.

Too quick to criticise when it's nae granted. Ok, the filth were they to be shot at and we created very few chances but if fairness was applied in the game which it wasn't, it may well have been a very different outcome. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Exactly min, the game was riddled with some awful decisions, 100% of them going in favour of them odious bastards.

As you quite rightly say, that plodder John Lundstram should gave received a second booking and Jack Butland should have received a red card for wiping out Luis Lopes.

Did Butland wipe out Duk though. Genuinely asking if you seen some better view than I did because only views I seen were far from clear & Duks increased willingness to dive has probably ruined any hope of getting favour in most calls now. 

Was pissed off that hun cunt got away with the deliberate sneaky step/nip on his side when he was on deck thought to start the big commotion. VAR check for potential red at time was most likely for Rubi & ignoring the reason behind it all 

3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I'm aghast at the negativity that's getting bounded about regarding our performance today. We never deserved to lose.

Hardly any mention of the two penalties we should gave got and the fact that VAR chose not to intervene on both incidents. 

Slobodan Rubezic (apart from one moment when he needlessly ended up on the right hand touchline in the second half) was excellent and very unlucky to direct the winner into the net.

Too quick to criticise when it's nae granted. Ok, the filth were they to be shot at and we created very few chances but if fairness was applied in the game which it wasn't, it may well have been a very different outcome. 

🤡

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fucking hell. 

That's some amount of unwarranted positivity. Have you been on the same happy pills that Jack and Victor were given in Still Game? 

We were absolutely honking. Stunk the place out. And considering the place had 25k Huns in it that's some going. 

2 hours ago, Medw1311 said:

Aberdeen manager Barry Robson tells BBC Sportsound: "The players gave me everything. First half, with transitions, we missed that final pass. We knew they were scared of that, but we picked the wrong pass.

"Of course it's sore. I told my players that we need to try and get back here. We need to get to finals, to try and win. I can't ask any more from my players there. Rangers will have spells because they're a top team but I was pleased with the fight and work-rate they gave me today.

"We're playing against a team that's just beaten Real Betis. Remember that. A lot of people have written Rangers off but I know they're a good team with a good manager.

"We went toe to toe, we tried our best. We tried to fight in the last 10 minutes, made positive substitutions but we fell short.

"Rangers have known they were in a game every time they've played us. We've performed well in some big games. My main focus is getting us back up the league, and getting us back to Hampden."

Is that really what we have become? A team of honest lads who put in a shift? 

12 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

We certainly didn't deserve to win.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Did Butland wipe out Duk though. Genuinely asking if you seen some better view than I did because only views I seen were far from clear & Duks increased willingness to dive has probably ruined any hope of getting favour in most calls now. 

Was pissed off that hun cunt got away with the deliberate sneaky step/nip on his side when he was on deck thought to start the big commotion. VAR check for potential red at time was most likely for Rubi & ignoring the reason behind it all 

That was it in a nutshell, though Miovski throw a slap at one of their mob and Rubezic was wanting a square go with that prick Sima. However, quite a few of their mob had a go at Duk, but that, of course, was overlooked. 

Conveniently, VAR chose not to look at the "possible" penalty incident that instigated the stramash. 

Butland clearly and conclusively wiped out Duk's trailing leg just when he had cleverly swivelled around and was going to make it 1-1. 

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Fucking hell. 

That's some amount of unwarranted positivity. Have you been on the same happy pills that Jack and Victor were given in Still Game? 

We were absolutely honking. Stunk the place out. And considering the place had 25k Huns in it that's some going. 

Aye, I am on happy meds prescribed by my GP.

I fucking well need them first thing in the morning before I come on here. 

17 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The prick in charge of the VAR was Sevcos 12th man again.   It’s time you lot at AFC grew some balls and put in a complaint to the the SFA. How many times this season has the  VAR operator looked the other way when teams have had stone wall penalties denied when playing against the Mafia.  

• Upvote 7

Absolute fuckin wank game and the worst fuckin team possible to lose to. I honestly cant stand this style of fitba that as soon as we get it its a competition to see how fast we can get rid of it. Cant even complete simple one-twos.

Im sure our Barry has some smart arse answer to how thats how to play fitba and because im not a professional footballer I shouldnt understand but he can suck my fuckin plums. Coming out with shite like we are Aberdeen and dont have the right to come down and run the game. Well we fuckin do Barry the huns are fuckin shite.

For having a decent career as a player to having this loser attitude as a manager is incredible. Decent squad of players there and a fuckin loser at the wheel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I thought it was a penalty from the stands.  Incredible that VAR didn't look at this and instead had a look at some alleged violent conduct from one of our players.  What even is the point of VAR?  Shambles.
https://twitter.com/McGinleyBhoy180/status/1736431566228726200?s=20

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

I thought it was a penalty from the stands.  Incredible that VAR didn't look at this and instead had a look at some alleged violent conduct from one of our players.  What even is the point of VAR?  Shambles.
https://twitter.com/McGinleyBhoy180/status/1736431566228726200?s=20

Not really incredible though is it? You're suggesting that the hun referees would have given a pen against them, that's just not how that goes remember.