Respected bands you don't like

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2024 at 5:41 AM, Poodler said:

Skylights 

L-O Fucking L

I'm a bit late to this threrad but here you go anyway.....

U2 - Aye ok you had a bad weekend FFS

Rolling stones - I just dont get the hype

Judas fucking Priest - No Comment

Paul weller - A man that could bore the fucking tits off the most boring person in the world of boredom

James - Come home, in fact please dont.

Pearl Jam - I'm not going to say anything nasty because i dont think they deserve it i just dont like most of their stuff

Sleep Token - YAWN!!

Limp Bizkit. Sorry, but Fred Durst and co. are just NEDs with guitars.

Linkin Park. A boyband with guitars, not my cup of tea. 

Foo Fighters. If it wasn't for that overrated opportunist Grohl's history in Nirvana, they'd be as derided as Nickelback.

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Foo Fighters. If it wasn't for that overrated opportunist Grohl's history in Nirvana, they'd be as derided as Nickelback.

Wes Borland......the actual guitarist is the son of a Minister from a Christian family, grew up in a church and who's passionate about animal rescue.

How does that fall under being a Non Educated Delinquent?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Turn around your red Yankees lid, Bizkit are neither respectable or unlikeable.

37 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

1990s releases by Entombed, Obituary and Morbid Angel are top quality. Toe tapper after toe tapper.

Korns debut, Limpy Bs first 3 Spineshank and Mudvayne all firing out classics.

Classic Death Metal like the above (and of course Death, Carcass, At The Gates and many others) was full of great hooks, but I think over the last 20 years or so much of it's been stale; too much machine gun double bass drumming, unintelligible vocals with little variety. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Wes Borland......the actual guitarist is the son of a Minister from a Christian family, grew up in a church and who's passionate about animal rescue.

How does that fall under being a Non Educated Delinquent?

A lot of people give Wes a pass and I admit he's capable of banging out riffs, but his band are second rate Wiggers. Vanilla Ice with power chords. 🤷‍♂️ Each to their own, but I think they're the creative low point in Metal history.

1 hour ago, dave_min said:

Turn around your red Yankees lid, Bizkit are neither respectable or unlikeable.

Depends on the definition of respectable or unlikable. They still occasionally tour to massive sell-out crowds and have a huge fanbase. Again, each to their own, but I don't think they hold a candle to the all-time Metal greats.

39 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

A lot of people give Wes a pass and I admit he's capable of banging out riffs, but his band are second rate Wiggers. Vanilla Ice with power chords. 🤷‍♂️ Each to their own, but I think they're the creative low point in Metal history.

Depends on the definition of respectable or unlikable. They still occasionally tour to massive sell-out crowds and have a huge fanbase. Again, each to their own, but I don't think they hold a candle to the all-time Metal greats.

Granted Vanilla Ice is my favourite rapper from the early 90's. 

Cool as Ice is also a great movie. 

Have any of the gun flashing athletic gentlemen bettered "quick to the point to the point no faking, cooking MCs like a pound of Bacon. 

I like to call him by his real name now, Mr Van Winkle.

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Classic Death Metal like the above (and of course Death, Carcass, At The Gates and many others) was full of great hooks, but I think over the last 20 years or so much of it's been stale; too much machine gun double bass drumming, unintelligible vocals with little variety. 

Modern DM is wank.

Let's add Deicide and Vader to the good list.

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Death metal. Halloween vibez. All the bands with a scary name, look and sound. Some guy growling and the band just playing fast af. Every tune, every band. 
Its so laughably bad it amazes me adults like it. Music made and liked almost exclusively by white male virgins. 

Apologies to the DM fans on here but you see what im saying. 

1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

1990s releases by Entombed, Obituary and Morbid Angel are top quality. Toe tapper after toe tapper.

Korns debut, Limpy Bs first 3 Spineshank and Mudvayne all firing out classics.

Music for the smellys imo

3 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

Modern DM is wank.

Let's add Deicide and Vader to the good list.

Although there are some exceptions (Revocation are excellent) I think the most interesting contemporary DM-based bands are the ones who have moved away from pure DM, either the "Melodic Death" bands like Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Orbit Culture, etc. or the more Prog-death bands like Intronaut and Obscura. 

As for Vader and Deicide, they are great choices. I also give honourable mentions to Malevolent Creation, Immolation and the early Prog-death bands like Atheist, Cynical, Pestilence and Nocturnus, all of whom paved the way for the likes of Opeth and Khemmis.