Online Reviews of Restaurants etc

8 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Share your favourites here.

IMG-8097.jpg

IMG-8094.png

That second place has the right idea. 

Adult only restaurants should be a thing. Nothing worse (@Hanz) than going out for dinner and there's screaming kids ruining the ambience of the place. 

• Thanks 1

Love these reviews! Currently looking at hotels for the Easter break and guaranteed while 99.9% of reviews are 5* ratings you ALWAYS get that one person who gives it a 1* rating stating that it was "The worst hotel EVER" for some reason or another.

Think we all know where the real problem lies!

2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Love these reviews! Currently looking at hotels for the Easter break and guaranteed while 99.9% of reviews are 5* ratings you ALWAYS get that one person who gives it a 1* rating stating that it was "The worst hotel EVER" for some reason or another.

Think we all know where the real problem lies!

The 1 star review amongst all the 5 star reviews will sometimes be a good indicator of how good the place actually is.

Example A.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

The 1 star review amongst all the 5 star reviews will sometimes be a good indicator of how good the place actually is.

Example A.

Friend of mine's wife works in a local popular country hotel and he says that the amount of folk who try to blag a free weekend by stating that they are "top social media influencers" and how they will promote the hotel favourably to their followers if they are allowed to stay for free is unreal.

They are always politely told to fuck off.

Can’t be bothered finding it but an old review for Paco’s Taco’s (run out of the Gaslamp);

someone left a bad review saying ‘they wouldn’t even give it to their dog’ 

the owner (an old associate of mine) replied ‘if you consider giving your dog Mexican food then that says more about you than it does about us’ 

An enjoyable exchange for us snide regulars at the time 

• Haha 1

Anyone got the review someone left of an Indian in Aberdeen - tells the story of the Indian delivery wifie locking herself in his bathroom, placing a long distance call to India on his phone before scarpering out his window?

The climax of the story involves him cutting the phone line and her screaming "Potato? POTATO!?" before pinging his phone off the wall.

A humorous classic which I've been looking for again for years. 

2 hours ago, Dandie1992 said:

Anyone got the review someone left of an Indian in Aberdeen - tells the story of the Indian delivery wifie locking herself in his bathroom, placing a long distance call to India on his phone before scarpering out his window?

The climax of the story involves him cutting the phone line and her screaming "Potato? POTATO!?" before pinging his phone off the wall.

A humorous classic which I've been looking for again for years. 

Are you on drugs?

54 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Are you on drugs?

Not this early on a Friday, no... Which is unfortunate because I'm in the office today and doing the boring shit I fucked off until after Christmas. 

Must of been like 15 year ago that review was going around. 

The best one I saw on Google was for "The Avenue", Bishopbriggs - a bar restaurant, mockingly referred to as "The Only Way is Bishopbriggs" due to the clientele.

A girl was attending a friends 'do' and was enjoying herself, but her evening was ruined when she went to the toilet and "suddenly stepped on a human shite that someone had casually left lying around"  🤣

She summed up the review by saying she had enjoyed the food etc but "cleaning human shite off her new shoes" was responsible for the low mark  🤣

I also saw a Google review for a hotel in Varanasi, India, right on the River Ganges (at those famous stairs leading down to the River).  Some boy was complaining the grounds were over-run by vicious monkeys which would attack patrons and the staff would do fuck all.  He went on to describe a desperate battle he and his ageing mother had fought against the monkeys during their stay 🤣

11 hours ago, Poodler said:

Can’t be bothered finding it but an old review for Paco’s Taco’s (run out of the Gaslamp);

someone left a bad review saying ‘they wouldn’t even give it to their dog’ 

the owner (an old associate of mine) replied ‘if you consider giving your dog Mexican food then that says more about you than it does about us’ 

An enjoyable exchange for us snide regulars at the time 

I'd ordered from Pacos Tacos a few times, once I realised it was coming out the Gaslamp I felt physically sick. 

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

There was nice was a lady named Rita,

Who lived n the town of Akita,

She was hungry one night,

And said “ After this shite,

Im going to make some fajitas “

Get rid of the last 's', it's an abomination. Otherwise, 6/10.

On 1/11/2024 at 7:46 PM, Studebaker-90 said:

IMG-0211.png

broadsword in Tilly 

Broadsword was decent late 80s.
Aye, you knew there were cunts that would slice you up there if you got on their wrang side, so easy solution.

Dinna get on their wrang side. :laughing:

While doing shutdowns at Mugiemoss as sparky roond aboot then, we'd mostly go to the Tower.

But now and then Broadsword.
Then go back to work blootered and sleep up top o a scaffold to complete the 12 oor shift. :wacko: