Mental Health and Walking Past

dervish

19 hours ago, dervish said:

'Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.'

Hyman G. Rickover

I do like a bit of hymen 

18 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

There is so much of it about it's mental. My job involves walking about town centres for 5 or 6 hours a day and as council employees we have a "duty of care" not to ignore anyone we think might need help. 

It's basically once or twice a day you get a junkie half dead, someone covered in blood or someone barking mad. 

Police aren't interested, Ambulance wait can be up to 12 hours, so it's leave a message on social work switchboard and on you go. Why the police can't wander about dealing with this shit I'll never understand, there are loads of the cunts.

Probably working from home.

17 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It’s a known phenomena when crowds are involved that every single person is thinking ‘ Someone else will help’, to wit ‘The bystander effect’.

Once someone does ‘step up to the plate’ others usually offer help as well. 

It’s human nature.

For some it is.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:43 AM, dervish said:

Yep I know. I can be a radge.

Just witnessed a whole (literal) bus load of people walk past a Polish lassie very very very obviously totally fucked mentally. Curled up into a ball. Sitting in Inverness bus station.

Bus driver especially no mark. Told him did fuck all. 

Don't walk by.

Feds looking after her now. Folk are cunts. Tried getting a bird to come in by mouthing "she's fucked". Result. 0 someone will do it. She knew what I meant. 

0 humour is appreciated on this. Whole bus load of people totally chill with her rocking back and fore.

What's the fuck is up with people? As in alright with someone obviously so fucked and just wander on?

"How was your weekend Jane?" "Mmm alright had a cheeky rosé see that one in paper saw her, shame."

Fucking hell has anyone any responsibility 

…..I have to say …..I was very, very drunk

• Haha 1