St Johnstone 1 - 1 Aberdeen

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'd go Morris and Duk with the aim of stretching the play and having a wide man to receive the ball. Ok with any alternatives if Morris is not the best option but want a change from the five central midfielders central midfielding.

Also, cant have every player starting every game and we are playing every midweek these days.

If our best XI is the Clyde team then we'd want that at Tynecastle so would make sense to shuffle 2-3 here, no?

Morris offers nothing though.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

I agree with this mostly, don't think Polvara was good at Clyde. Would consider trying McGarry again instead of McKenzie though.

Duk should offer us much more from wide than we had last Friday night.

Edit - Just noticed you had Morris starting, he is absolutely awful, no way should Clarkson be dropped for him.

Someone said McGarrry is injured again?

3 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Back 4, third clean sheet on the bounce and cement that formation for the rest of the season.

Heard through the grapevine that it's already been cemented as the formation going forward. Naturally will revert to scaredyball against the ugly sisters like.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Wind/rain/Levein’s St Johnstone/Robson’s Aberdeen.

All the ingredients for a thriller 😂

0-0 or 1-0 either way.

It'll probably be an unchanged starting X1, but I’d bring in Jensen & Duk for Gartenmann & Shinnie.

Roos. 
Devlin Ruby Jensen MacKenzie. 
              Barron Polvara   
       McGrath Clarkson Duk. 
                    Miovski 

I like this team. 

As for you tord, you can stick Morris up your hole. 

If you don't mind.

Better there than on a football pitch. Safer. For the rest of us.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, McPhee123 said:

Heard through the grapevine that it's already been cemented as the formation going forward. Naturally will revert to scaredyball against the ugly sisters like.

Really hope this is true, as i've little to no confidence Robson won't revert to 3/5 at the back. But if it is true, it's criminal he's written off the first half of the season on a system everyone knew wasn't working after the first few weeks of the season.

2 hours ago, McPhee123 said:

Hopefully true. I did reckon that he'd been told to get a grip by Cormack / Burrows / Gunn (Gunn - lol) when the fans were starting to have a go on social media again

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

I like this team. 

As for you tord, you can stick Morris up your hole. 

If you don't mind.

Better there than on a football pitch. Safer. For the rest of us.

Haha. We need width. If we do play the five centre mids then please tell 1 or 2 of them to stay wide

• Like 1
7 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Don't think Robson will be able to resist switching back to a back 5 for this one. He's had 2 games in a row with a back 4 and he won't be liking it. 

So 5 at the back, shockingly bad long ball tactics again and a 0-1 loss.

He cannot return to his favoured back five after two wins in a row, fans will understandably go mental if he thinks a porous back five is the way to setup against St Johnstone

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

One swallow doesn't make a Summer bud and he was poor. Is Shaymo now deadly in the final third cause of his one assist?

Its weird to pick a game to say someone "doesnt contribute in the final third", when they literally did.

I was sure he scored against Frankfurt and Paok too ... oh and an assist in the groups too ...

6 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Haha. We need width. If we do play the five centre mids then please tell 1 or 2 of them to stay wide

For most of the Clyde game we were so narrow it was crazy. Mackenzie was covering the whole left flank by himself 90% of the night.

Levein would happily bog down the midfield and go for the win from a set piece. 

Duk from the start for me.

9 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Its weird to pick a game to say someone "doesnt contribute in the final third", when they literally did.

I was sure he scored against Frankfurt and Paok too ... oh and an assist in the groups too ...

It's weird to say I picked a game when I never. It's weird to attribute a quote to me that I never made. It's weird to suggest he played well in a game just because of an assist. 

I said he lacks composure in the final third. That comment was in relation to his overall play, nothing to do with Clyde. I also said he was poor against Clyde, like most of the team. This was in response to another poster who said they didn't see the Clyde game. Never once did I say he "doesn't contribute in the final third".  You've made that up. If you're going to use quote marks then maybe learn how to use them.

Point still stands, a couple of goals and assists this season doesn't mean he doesn't lack composure, does it? It's like saying Darren Mackie scored 50 goals for us, so he must be a natural born finisher. And as I said, I'm glad he's headed in the right direction, but let's not kid on he's excellent yet.

By all means, have a different opinion to me, but don't try make out I said stuff I never to suit your argument. Debate like an adult instead.

Apart from that, enjoy your day Blockhead. I'm out

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1