Summer 2024 window

2 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Need at least SPL standard players, no more Gueye,Morris types of lower standard. 

Wish List, probably not much hope of getting them.

Lyle Cameron - Dundee

Alan Campbell - Luton

Forrest - Celtic

No. He's done 

3 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Need at least SPL standard players, no more Gueye,Morris types of lower standard. 

Wish List, probably not much hope of getting them.

Lyle Cameron - Dundee

Alan Campbell - Luton

Forrest - Celtic

Cameron I think is realistic in summer.

Campbell...maybe but if the rumoured interest from ECL clubs (Birmingham I think saw mentioned) is real then we won't be able to compete with them wages wise.

Forrest would have been fine on a 6 month loan till summer as we needed a winger. But he turns 33  this coming summer and even if Celtic were willing to subsidise his wages to a hefty level for the full season, I think we'd be better off just signing a younger, cheaper winger who we'll have for 3-4 years

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

33 next birthday.

Injury prone 

High wage 

There are literally no positives in signing him.

Hopefully the new HoR has a few potential wingers we can look to bring in. 

Yep, would be as useless as Hayes has been this season.

Could be an interesting window for us, hopefully we can get near 10m for Bojan and spend 3/4's of that on a new side ( I mean that aswell) and get a top quality manager in, no point buying all these decent player when we always have 3rd rate managers. 

Can't wait to see the first 👀 of this window and the 'suns coming out' 

Roll on the new manager appointment first and then we can spend a few weeks guessing which players he will be signing, have a good feeling about our new HOR 👍

31 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Could be an interesting window for us, hopefully we can get near 10m for Bojan and spend 3/4's of that on a new side ( I mean that aswell) and get a top quality manager in, no point buying all these decent player when we always have 3rd rate managers. 

Roll on the new manager appointment first and then we can spend a few weeks guessing which players he will be signing, have a good feeling about our new HOR 👍

Spending 7.5m in one window 😂 

42 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

The problem with that is that if we start spending, for example, £1m+ on a new striker to replace Bojan they also demand bigger wages. 

Even if they did get close to £10m for Miovski they will spend in line with what they have in the last 2 summers imo. I can't see them breaking their wage structure. Could be wrong though. 

44 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Spending 7.5m in one window 😂 

32 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The problem with that is that if we start spending, for example, £1m+ on a new striker to replace Bojan they also demand bigger wages. 

Even if they did get close to £10m for Miovski they will spend in line with what they have in the last 2 summers imo. I can't see them breaking their wage structure. Could be wrong though. 

When you add I'm contracts transfer fees etc probably wouldn't be far off, we need a top manager and top players to challenge these cunts.

1 hour ago, Dandys1983 said:

Should also be approx £3m from the Ferguson sale, should he move on.

Question is, with a caretaker manager in place now and the permament manager not to be announced till April/May, how does that impact on pre contracts being offered and summer recruitment? With a proper structure inc. a DoF, it shouldn't have any impact at all but given there must be doubts over Gunner et al, we're in a state of limbo, it would seem, which is not ideal

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Should also be approx £3m from the Ferguson sale, should he move on.

Question is, with a caretaker manager in place now and the permament manager not to be announced till April/May, how does that impact on pre contracts being offered and summer recruitment? With a proper structure inc. a DoF, it shouldn't have any impact at all but given there must be doubts over Gunner et al, we're in a state of limbo, it would seem, which is not ideal

Dunno how it's all going to work tbh, I'm sure we shall see how it's all went once the summer window has slammed shut. 

Not sure how much Gunn is actually involved...alot of what's happening seems to be Burrows. 

If I was a betting man I'd bet on a new manager and DOF this summer. 

26 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Dunno how it's all going to work tbh, I'm sure we shall see how it's all went once the summer window has slammed shut. 

Not sure how much Gunn is actually involved...alot of what's happening seems to be Burrows. 

If I was a betting man I'd bet on a new manager and DOF this summer. 

Yeah, that last paragraph is pretty obvious but does that mean all recruitment starts only once they are in place? Last minute.com therefore.

26 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Any decent Irish players we should be looking at? McGinn, Rooney , Hayes (younger version) didnt do too badly for us. 

Brighton have got them all their youth academy is full of all the decent Irish youth lads. But probably 1 or 2 left, just seems they get first pick 😳

31 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Any decent Irish players we should be looking at? McGinn, Rooney , Hayes (younger version) didnt do too badly for us. 

5 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Brighton have got them all their youth academy is full of all the decent Irish youth lads. But probably 1 or 2 left, just seems they get first pick 😳

Not like we scouted Ireland anyway. Just Inverness mostly.

• Haha 2