Summer 2024 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, REDRUM said:

Heard from a Hun acquaintance that the Rat Ryan Jack has been offered a precontract with us to come back in the summer and was apparently meetimg Burrows and Gunn this week. No idea where they got this from or the validity of it either.

Personally think it's a load of shite but wondering if anyone heard anything similar. 

Player manager .... BHH

4 hours ago, REDRUM said:

Heard from a Hun acquaintance that the Rat Ryan Jack has been offered a precontract with us to come back in the summer and was apparently meetimg Burrows and Gunn this week. No idea where they got this from or the validity of it either.

Personally think it's a load of shite but wondering if anyone heard anything similar. 

Jacks knees are fucked and have been for ages, why he can’t last 90 minutes. Disregard  where he is now he is/was a great player.

• Dildo 3
5 hours ago, REDRUM said:

I'd put money on him going to Hearts. The perfect match - Prick club for a prick of a man. 

• Upvote 2

This is going to be some window on assumption we employ a very experienced permanent manager. 

PLAYERS I WOULD RETAIN:

Devlin

MacKenzie

Shinnie 

Jensen

Gartenmann (on permanent deal)

McGrath 

Barron (albeit probably off)

Miovski (albeit probably off)

Clarkson

Duk (albeit probably off)

Sokler

Ritchie

Milne

Marshall

Rubezic 

Bavidge

PLAYERS I WOULD LOAN OUT / SELL:

Gueye

McGarry

Hayes

Morris

Polvara

Besuijen

Duncan

Roos

MacDonald 

Doohan

Ngwenja

Richardson 

Stewart 

In conclusion if 4 of the players I would keep are sold, leave or are not signed permanently that will leave 12 players, subject to promotions from the under 18's to form the basis of a first team squad. 

A shambolic set of circumstances to find ourselves in and one that Cormack will require to oversee improvement in this summer otherwise a relegation fight beckons next season. 

Improvement will have to involve a stronger management structure, the employment of an experienced permanent manager and the recruitment of players to construct a balanced team and squad in line with the aforementioned manager's vision.

This is most certainly the last roll of the dice for DC. I sincerely hope that he rolls a double six this time around. 

48 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

PLAYERS I WOULD LOAN OUT / SELL:

Gueye

McGarry

Hayes - OOC in Summer, will retire

Morris

Polvara

Besuijen

Duncan

Roos - OOC in Summer, will be gone

MacDonald 

Doohan

Ngwenja - OOC in Summer, will be gone

Richardson - On loan at Colchester who are rumoured to want to make it permanent

Stewart - OOC in Summer, will be gone

I'd also be holding on to Polvara, MacDonald and Doohan as squad players.  

We already need to bring in at least 12 players as it is, and the more we move on the more we have to find and negotiate with.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:44 AM, REDRUM said:

Well…..that would likely be it for me. I could under no circumstances support an Aberdeen team with Jack in it. Simply unthinkable that the staunch loyal dirty rat fuck could ever wear red again. 

No fucking way. Ever. Ever ever in fact. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Not sure Hearts would go for Jack, seem to have their act together as regards signings. Maybe a few years back but not now, Killie, definately.

I know we joke about McInnes signing all his old players constantly, but would he sign Jack after he slithered off and signed with the huns behind McInnes back after telling him he hadn't?

His body couldn't cope with the artificial pitch their either. When is that getting ripped up?

• Upvote 1

Noticed Gartennman saying he’s holding off on deciding on his future until the manager is sorted out. Can’t say I’d be overly bothered if he was to go, partly at fault for their first today. Looks okay in some games but overall meh. Wouldn’t be arsed about Jensen leaving either, and you’d assume MacDonald will be off too. 

I do think there’s a player in Rubezic but definitely needs someone beside him to calm him down, very raw. Another decent sized rebuild in the summer for the defence alone when you include the goalies. Let’s hope we’re not gonna have a complete moron overseeing it all this time

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Noticed Gartennman saying he’s holding off on deciding on his future until the manager is sorted out. Can’t say I’d be overly bothered if he was to go, partly at fault for their first today. Looks okay in some games but overall meh. Wouldn’t be arsed about Jensen leaving either, and you’d assume MacDonald will be off too. 

I do think there’s a player in Rubezic but definitely needs someone beside him to calm him down, very raw. Another decent sized rebuild in the summer for the defence alone when you include the goalies. Let’s hope we’re not gonna have a complete moron overseeing it all this time

Reveal hidden contents

There’s concerns about all the defenders: 

Gartenmann - Too small, physically weak, slow, lacks concentration & his passing is poor. Does have good moments but I wouldn’t be looking to spend cash to keep him. 

Ruby - Rash & dives in too often. 

Jensen - a bit soft IMO 

MacDonald - looks a shadow of the player he was last season.

I suspect MacDonald & Gartenmann won’t be here & we’ll be looking for two central defenders. 
Ruby & Jensen are contracted long-term. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Gartenmann - Too small, physically weak, slow, lacks concentration & his passing is poor. Does have good moments but I wouldn’t be looking to spend cash to keep him. 

Jensen - a bit soft IMO 

I suspect MacDonald & Gartenmann won’t be here & we’ll be looking for two central defenders. 

Agree with all that. Thought he might’ve been a calming influence on Ruby but in reality I think Rubezic is better. Definitely rash at times but still think there’s a player to work with in there, hopefully someone can coach the diving in out of him.

So aye two centre halves, a new first choice keeper & hopefully a solid back-up assuming we cut our losses with Doohan. Nae as if we’ll have European football to fill quotas for. 

Devlin the wrong side of 30 now with nobody to even provide cover never mind competition. As much as Mackenzie has improved he’s still not good enough to get us where we want to be IMO. 

If you’re being really honest, outwith Miovski, Devlin, Clarkson & Rubezic I wouldn’t be fussed about getting rid of the rest. Maybe McGrath, Barron I suppose but he clearly doesn’t want to sign anyway. 

We’re going to need to hope for a large fee for Lewis Ferguson & Miovski to reinvest. Not quite as many as 13 but still a decent sized rebuild. Time will tell whether Cormack lets Gunn oversee it & whether they manage to get in a good manager. 

On 2/16/2024 at 12:28 PM, Andy_123 said:

I know we joke about McInnes signing all his old players constantly, but would he sign Jack after he slithered off and signed with the huns behind McInnes back after telling him he hadn't?

His body couldn't cope with the artificial pitch their either. When is that getting ripped up?

Hun DMC new fine he was off to them , yet another lie the sleekit cunt came out with 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Surely MacDonald is injured? Something strange going on there

Warnock didn’t start him against Motherwell due to his fitness and he was struggling after 70 minutes so he was never going to start today as well. I’d play him ahead of Gartnemann. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Jensen - a bit soft IMO 

MacDonald will still have a year left on his contract in the summer, I think he’ll still be here next season

23 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Warnock didn’t start him against Motherwell due to his fitness and he was struggling after 70 minutes so he was never going to start today as well. I’d play him ahead of Gartnemann. 

MacDonald will still have a year left on his contract in the summer, I think he’ll still be here next season

I think he’ll want away purely because he’s not getting games.

All up in the air though seeing as our clueless Board have fuck all clue who they want as manager, no succession plan, or what the fuck they’re doing. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think he’ll want away purely because he’s not getting games.

All up in the air though seeing as our clueless Board have fuck all clue who they want as manager, no succession plan, or what the fuck they’re doing. 

Hiding behind the on going review which to me is just a smokescreen for them being fucking clueless and having no idea what to do

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Need to be sensible with who we bring in this summer. Hopefully the nucleus of the team stays and we can just strengthen with some key signings.

another season of bringing in 10+ players will be an absolute disaster  

By my reckoning we'll need

1 x 1st choice 'keeper

1 x back up right back

1 x 1st choice left back (MacKenzie becomes back up, try to offload McGarry)

1 x 1st choice left centre back (Jensen becomes back-up)

1 x back up right centre back (to Rubezic)

1 x defensive midfielder (Ramadani replacement!!)

1 x central midfielder (Barron replacement)

1 x right winger (depending on what happens with Besuijen)

1 x left winger

1 x first choice main striker (assuming Miovski leaves)

1 x Duk replacement (assuming he also leaves)

So 8 at a minimum, more than likely 10 or 11

We need to bust the budget to get the players we need, be that 8 or whatever.

I dont believe spending the budget and only getting half of what we need just to get really good players is beneficial as the positions we dont strengthen will still make us shit overall. 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

We need to bust the budget to get the players we need, be that 8 or whatever.

I dont believe spending the budget and only getting half of what we need just to get really good players is beneficial as the positions we dont strengthen will still make us shit overall. 

There should be no excuses really for Cormack. We'll be getting a club record fee for Miovski and probably close to another £3m for Ferguson when he moves on. Add in the likely sale of Duk and the training fee for Barron there's going to be over £10m coming into the club this summer. He needs to spend. And speaking in relative terms, spend big for us. 

10 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

There should be no excuses really for Cormack. We'll be getting a club record fee for Miovski and probably close to another £3m for Ferguson when he moves on. Add in the likely sale of Duk and the training fee for Barron there's going to be over £10m coming into the club this summer. He needs to spend. And speaking in relative terms, spend big for us. 

He can start that spending on the manager. If we spend all this time and appoint a British journey man type the board should be hounded out. We need some real ambition that’s ticks all the boxes this time. 

8 minutes ago, slippers said:

He can start that spending on the manager. If we spend all this time and appoint a British journey man type the board should be hounded out. We need some real ambition that’s ticks all the boxes this time. 

Absolutely. 

That has to be the biggest investment this summer. It has to be somebody with a track record. Ideally that comes in the form of trophies etc but realistically that won't happen. So it needs to be somebody that has a history of signing players, developing them and selling them at a profit while playing a decent brand of football. The league this season has shown we don't need Pep or Klopp to have any sort of success.