Summer 2024 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Said it before he’s never the keeper he was at Dundee Utd if he’s behind Scott Bain in the pecking order there.

Imagine clamouring to sign Scott Bain’s backup ffs

Lazy recruitment if we are just homing in on Siegrist tbh. Must be plenty other keepers out there as good or better than Siegrist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Lazy recruitment if we are just homing in on Siegrist tbh. Must be plenty other keepers out there as good or better than Siegrist.

Explain how this is regarded as "lazy recruitment"?

Surely lazy recruitment is paying massive fees for cunts no one has ever heard of before?

500k for Gueye, 300k for Richardson & 400k for Morris is what I would class as lazy recruitment over someone who's played in our league for another team..

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Said it before he’s never the keeper he was at Dundee Utd if he’s behind Scott Bain in the pecking order there.

Imagine clamouring to sign Scott Bain’s backup ffs

Danny Ward was third choice behind Bogdan at Liverpool ( who was absolutely shite)

I would take Sigriest, from what I recall he had a presence about him and wasn't afraid to come off his line and deal with balls into the box. 

1 hour ago, Robin Askwith said:

Danny Ward was third choice behind Bogdan at Liverpool ( who was absolutely shite)

I would take Sigriest, from what I recall he had a presence about him and wasn't afraid to come off his line and deal with balls into the box. 

Ward is a serial back up! He was livid when scmichael left Leicester and he had to earn a living 

2 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Danny Ward was like 21 / 22 when he was here?

Seigrist is 32 and hasn't played in a competitive game of football for about 3 years.

7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Danny Ward was like 21 / 22 when he was here?

Seigrist is 32 and hasn't played in a competitive game of football for about 3 years.

If that’s their target for a goalkeeper at 32 yrs old,  hasn’t played for 3 yrs .    Can you imagine the manager they are looking at, the one we have now is here for a million pound paid vacation, and does he really give a shit what kind of state AFC is in.   Cormack and his cronies need jailed. 

I wonder if the summer 2024 transfer window will finally be the year when people who simply point out the club are making an arse of it are no longer  called out as pant pishers? Or is convincing one's self that blindly supporting and defending the clubs failing approach to squad building somehow equals rational intelligence, still too strong a lure?

If we get relegated we are proper fucked for a recruitment strategy because first we need to build a team that can get us promoted at the first attempt in a league that plays "mannie's fitba", and then cycle out most of those players for ones who can get us back to the top end of the SPL and challenging for euro spots/cups.  It'll set Dave's masterplan back three or four years.

55 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If we get relegated we are proper fucked for a recruitment strategy because first we need to build a team that can get us promoted at the first attempt in a league that plays "mannie's fitba", and then cycle out most of those players for ones who can get us back to the top end of the SPL and challenging for euro spots/cups.  It'll set Dave's masterplan back three or four years.

Hearts are the example you can bounce back. Others have been relegated and done well on promotion. Let's not throw the towel in yet. This team have shown they can put a shift in like second half v m'well. Just not enough times to be confident though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be happy if we can sign wide players who beat the first man with their crosses, rather than just knocking every single one off the nearest defending player. 

Oh, and defenders who can, you know, fucking defend. 

Two of each.