Peter Leven

12 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Hopefully out on his arse with most of the squad and rest of the backroom staff when the new boy comes in.

Away and coach somewhere else

Pretty harsh when he's picked up 8 points from his last 4 games. Warnock was no where near getting that if he had stayed.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

To me he at least seems to be the best of a really bad bunch we've had this season.

Tries to play a better style of football rather than lumping it up the park all the time, the defence seems a bit tighter and he talks quite honestly in the press conferences without throwing boring cliches and phrases around at every opportunity.

Averaging 1.50 points per match in charge so easily the best manager we've had all season.

Aye there is that.  Still a fat hun bastard though

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

To me he at least seems to be the best of a really bad bunch we've had this season.

Tries to play a better style of football rather than lumping it up the park all the time, the defence seems a bit tighter and he talks quite honestly in the press conferences without throwing boring cliches and phrases around at every opportunity.

Averaging 1.50 points per match in charge so easily the best manager we've had all season.

I'm not really seeing this better style of football, Motherwell game apart it's been pretty rubbish, none of the performances as good as the Killie cup game which really should have set the standard for the players but they've all reverted to type.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm not really seeing this better style of football, Motherwell game apart it's been pretty rubbish, none of the performances as good as the Killie cup game which really should have set the standard for the players but they've all reverted to type.

I did say he "tried" to play better football, not necessarily succeeding in doing so though. That's more on the confidence / quality of the players we have though which isn't really down to Leven

20 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Folks we are f-kin murder.  Ok he's got points on the board but whatever he is trying to implement is just horrific.

As above - the players don't seem capable of playing great football, but that's on the board and Robson not on Leven.

33 minutes ago, minijc said:

Would agree with you. The two games v Dundee have been particularly bad. On Saturday we were outplayed in large parts of the game by Dundee and we seemed to have little idea how to match their midfield runners. The cup game v Killie was the best we have played in a long  while but that possible momentum was undone by what went on behind the scenes at Pittodrie.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, S2RDS said:

More chance of Rickson replacing Clement to be fair 

He’d have a hard job replacing clement at the moment with anyone, he’s on Mars waiting with his blue Martians expecting the Dundee team to arrive to play their game in hand.   He didn’t get his wish Dundee couldn’t afford the rocket.  

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, minijc said:

Leven appears to be trying to get the players to control the play a bit more rather than going aimlessly long. The defence has tightened up. This bit has come at the cost of less creativity from midfield, a slower build-up.  The tempo is slower but it gets the players to get their foot on the ball more. Problem with our midfield is that it is largely dysfunctional due to the people in it. Barron offers very little in an offensive sense at a time where we need people to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Shinnie does what Shinnie does. Clarkson wants to be creative but he has limited options to play through; with Duk wanting to only play for the first 1/3 of the game and McGrath not a natural winger, the decision-making on and off the ball from the wide areas is poor.  So I think Leven is succeeding to at least implement a consistent system of play by utilising the unbalanced squad as best he can to grind out results.

It might be time for people to admit that this whole "we've got the players" isn't really true. We need better players in every single position. We severely lack a box to box midfielder who can influence the game. That for me would be the start of a successful re-build. If Thelin comes in and implements his preferred style we'll probably need two of them.

• Upvote 4
30 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Leven appears to be trying to get the players to control the play a bit more rather than going aimlessly long. The defence has tightened up. This bit has come at the cost of less creativity from midfield, a slower build-up.  The tempo is slower but it gets the players to get their foot on the ball more. Problem with our midfield is that it is largely dysfunctional due to the people in it. Barron offers very little in an offensive sense at a time where we need people to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Shinnie does what Shinnie does. Clarkson wants to be creative but he has limited options to play through; with Duk wanting to only play for the first 1/3 of the game and McGrath not a natural winger, the decision-making on and off the ball from the wide areas is poor.  So I think Leven is succeeding to at least implement a consistent system of play by utilising the unbalanced squad as best he can to grind out results.

It might be time for people to admit that this whole "we've got the players" isn't really true. We need better players in every single position. We severely lack a box to box midfielder who can influence the game. That for me would be the start of a successful re-build. If Thelin comes in and implements his preferred style we'll probably need two of them.

The balance in our midfield is shocking.

You often see Clarkson and Barron both dropping back in line with the back 4 to take the ball then turning and obviously have nobody ahead of them to pass to as that's where they should be.

Shinnie, Clarkson and Barron all spend the game running around like headless chickens when we don't have the ball too leaving huge gaps in the middle of pitch all the time.

7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The balance in our midfield is shocking.

You often see Clarkson and Barron both dropping back in line with the back 4 to take the ball then turning and obviously have nobody ahead of them to pass to as that's where they should be.

Shinnie, Clarkson and Barron all spend the game running around like headless chickens when we don't have the ball too leaving huge gaps in the middle of pitch all the time.

Who needs a holding midfielder? Again falls back to shocking recruitment & no replacement for Ramadani. 

14 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Who needs a holding midfielder? Again falls back to shocking recruitment & no replacement for Ramadani. 

Can Shinnie not move into that rol e? He's not got the legs to go box to box all game now. It's a bit like we expected brown to be able to do the same when he came in when his legs had gone

Need Clarkson & Barron to step up in a attacking roles

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

Can Shinnie not move into that rol e? He's not got the legs to go box to box all game now. It's a bit like we expected brown to be able to do the same when he came in when his legs had gone

Need Clarkson & Barron to step up in a attacking roles

Is Shinnie disciplined enough to fill that role? By that I mean not go recklessly charging up the park and getting caught way out of position.

3 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Is Shinnie disciplined enough to fill that role? By that I mean not go recklessly charging up the park and getting caught way out of position.

If he wants to extend his playing career he's gonna have to do something, not saying he's a liability just yet but its adapt or die time

• Upvote 2
20 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Folks we are f-kin murder.  Ok he's got points on the board but whatever he is trying to implement is just horrific.

Think good chunk of blame goes on players. Only so much Leven can do in current situation. If Thelin comes before end of season even he can make little difference in few weeks but some players may step up if playing for futures

Record linking Leven to vacancy at Barnsley in League 1. Probably one of many linked but his family still stay in Newcastle with him being based around World coaching over last few years 

6 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Who’s gonna replace the temporary manager who has already replaced the temporary manager for the rest of the season??

Leven not on any early lists in Yorkshire media but Warnock and Beale were. Barnsley sacked previous guy yesterday with a win on this upcoming Saturday meaning they're in play offs

2 minutes ago, RDS said:

Leven not on any early lists in Yorkshire media but Warnock and Beale were. Barnsley sacked previous guy yesterday with a win on this upcoming Saturday meaning they're in play offs

Neil Lennon?

Jack Ross?

Malky Mackay?

22 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Neil Lennon?

Jack Ross?

Malky Mackay?

None of them. Gareth Ainsworth only other I remember. Barnsley fans not impressed with the link. Obviously Sam Cosgrove hasn't been great there in building the Yorkshire reputation of the Famous Aberdeen