Peter Leven

3 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I knew that Warnock wasn't going to succeed when he abandoned Leven's on the deck second half performance against Tims and went for the long ball approach against Huns.

I appreciate that a passing game is often beyond certain players, certainly some of ours, but that's what you get if you sign athletes and try to turn them into footballers instead of the other way round. Morris is a particular case in point.

Robson used to go on about the running ability of the team. We're supposed to be a football team not training for the Olympics. 

At least Leven sees what should be the approach on the pitch and, hopefully, the new manager will be likewise and recruit football players to suit.

totally agree.  I know Morris has been a nightmare at times but i do feel he can offer something with the right coaching ect.  We need to make something work he's under contract and nobody will buy him surely.  We need to play him in the right position though and ball on the deck.  Solker is another i think will do ok but he needs a run of games which isn't going to happen whilst Miovski is here as he is the better striker.  

6 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Interesting in his post match bbc interview when asked if he wants to remain here as a coach that he said yes definitely and that the club have said that to him. 

Never believed any incoming manager should have a member of the previous coaching staff imposed on them. Whoever comes in should be free to appoint their coaching team. What comes next Samson saying he has been told he will be kept on.?!

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If he was that keen on it he would have done it against Dundee. 

Well done for yesterday and same again for Ross County if he's still in charge but one comment in the media doesn't make a manager. 

Never said he has the makings of a manager tho did I. My question was if he actually has a backbone to tell managers he doesn’t believe they are playing to the teams strengths or if he’s happy towing the line and not questioning call he thinks are wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Never said he has the makings of a manager tho did I. My question was if he actually has a backbone to tell managers he doesn’t believe they are playing to the teams strengths or if he’s happy towing the line and not questioning call he thinks are wrong. 

I'm not getting the vibe that he was standing up to Robson and Warnock and demanding they changed their tactics. 

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Shows how inept & thick Robson was.

Persisting with him for so long was idiocy & shitebaggery from an equally inept Board.

To think some blamed the players for the  long ball stuff...

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm not getting the vibe that he was standing up to Robson and Warnock and demanding they changed their tactics. 

Leven seemed to have less of a role during games than Samson had during Warnock’s time in charge

3 hours ago, Hoofball said:

It begs the question, was Leven making it known that the team should be playing the way he wants them to play due to a lack of target man and he was being ignored or did he just keep quiet and not tell his bosses the style was useless. 

Well he was quiet cause he wasn’t the manager. Quite rightly.

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Well he was quiet cause he wasn’t the manager. Quite rightly.

That shouldn’t be the case, the should be telling the manager that the team would play better with the ball on the deck and not route one without a target man.
I’m not saying he should be shouting this mouth off for all to hear but surely a coach shouldn’t just be staying quiet when he can see it isn’t working.

33 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

That shouldn’t be the case, the should be telling the manager that the team would play better with the ball on the deck and not route one without a target man.
I’m not saying he should be shouting this mouth off for all to hear but surely a coach shouldn’t just be staying quiet when he can see it isn’t working.

Disagree. A manager has a style and that’s the way he plays. 

We should have coaches on the same boat, however. In fact, the whole club should know what brand we play. 

3 hours ago, G man said:

Never believed any incoming manager should have a member of the previous coaching staff imposed on them. Whoever comes in should be free to appoint their coaching team. What comes next Samson saying he has been told he will be kept on.?!

The whole team was failing and Robson was rightly binned for that reason. One of the biggest failures in that team was Roos and so Samson should've been punted too.

If the next manager keeps that charlatan on then he should be fired into the North Sea with Leven tied round his ankles

5 hours ago, Hoofball said:

It begs the question, was Leven making it known that the team should be playing the way he wants them to play due to a lack of target man and he was being ignored or did he just keep quiet and not tell his bosses the style was useless. 

Would it have mattered if Leven had told Robson his tactics didn't work?

15,000 fans routinely let him know his tactics were shite. 

Pundits let him know his tactics were shite. 

Constantly being forced to change to 4 at the back let him know his tactics were shite

Results let him know his tactics were shite. 

I imagine Leven going to him and saying, "All due respect, Barry, but your tactics are shite" would have been met with the same glaikit, empty stare. 

"I think we should have a partner up front for Bojan so he's not trying to beat the entire back line himself. Or at least keep the ball on the deck and have Leighton in a forward position creating chances for him."

"Or, an hear me oot. We keep smashin' the baw 40 yards and huv Bojan chasin' efter it like a rubbit at a dug race!"

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Would it have mattered if Leven had told Robson his tactics didn't work?

15,000 fans routinely let him know his tactics were shite. 

Pundits let him know his tactics were shite. 

Constantly being forced to change to 4 at the back let him know his tactics were shite

Results let him know his tactics were shite. 

I imagine Leven going to him and saying, "All due respect, Barry, but your tactics are shite" would have been met with the same glaikit, empty stare. 

"I think we should have a partner up front for Bojan so he's not trying to beat the entire back line himself. Or at least keep the ball on the deck and have Leighton in a forward position creating chances for him."

"Or, an hear me oot. We keep smashin' the baw 40 yards and huv Bojan chasin' efter it like a rubbit at a dug race!"

I still think Bojan was a bit isolated yesterday. Plenty times there was a chance to get the ball in the box but it was either him in his own with 2 or 3 motherwell players round about him or if he'd helped in the build up there was no one there at all

6 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I still think Bojan was a bit isolated yesterday. Plenty times there was a chance to get the ball in the box but it was either him in his own with 2 or 3 motherwell players round about him or if he'd helped in the build up there was no one there at all

I think the importance of a win dictated the tactics.

Fully expect us to be more adventurous v Ross County.

Not an arrogant prick.

Knows the standard expected and has motivated and got a reaction out the players.

Has overseen two of the best league performances this season and one terrible one.

Is aware of our strengths and weaknesses.

Bringing in another manager in the international break when the club don't have a fucking clue what a manager looks like seems less sensible than leaving him in charge.

1 hour ago, huncunts said:

Not an arrogant prick.

Knows the standard expected and has motivated and got a reaction out the players.

Has overseen two of the best league performances this season and one terrible one.

Is aware of our strengths and weaknesses.

Bringing in another manager in the international break when the club don't have a fucking clue what a manager looks like seems less sensible than leaving him in charge.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

id give leven the next couple league games

Both these things. 

In fact if the wheels don't come off, I'd be happy with performances like the Motherwell game post split inna. 

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I wouldn't have thought so, instead he could cut out the middle man and have said " hey Barry/Neil, sack me please." 

I don't mind Leven. I think he has tried his best to galvanise what must be a completely dejected and confused squad with all the shit that's going on with our club.

Despite this surely we get our man in as soon as possible and get him on the training pitch so he gets to know his new charges and for the players to feel more settled within the club, not wondering what's happening next constantly.

Mcinnes came in with a handful of games left. If memory serves we didn't set the heather on fire but he clearly learnt about the squad and got rid of a few including gavin rae who many felt was worth another year? He knew what we needed and went and got some pretty decent signings early doors. Thats what we need now a manager that can correctly evaluate his squad get the right players in and be left to do so with out certain members of the board out muscling him.

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Is Leven the only coach bar Samson we’ve had since Glass had his mate from Atlanta? Apaloo was it? 

Liam Fox was there for a while under Robson as a coach and Leven replaced him. Also had assistant managers I'm guessing you're aware of

16 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Would you have said that after the Dundee game?

I was praying we'd win.

I outlined my reasons before the game.

We can't appoint a random foreigner at this point.

If Leven lost both games we had to remove him.

That meant it had to be an spfl manager during the break.

Now we have bought a tiny amount of time and can still go for a foreigner (after Leven gets us through the next couple)

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I was praying we'd win.

I outlined my reasons before the game.

We can't appoint a random foreigner at this point.

If Leven lost both games we had to remove him.

That meant it had to be an spfl manager during the break.

Now we have bought a tiny amount of time and can still go for a foreigner (after Leven gets us through the next couple)

Precisely. If Leven can get us safe in the next 3 games we can afford to go for a different appointment. 

4 minutes ago, RedArrow said:

I’d like to think any potential replacement would be smart enough to stick with what Leven has been doing rather than shaking things up. That could all be done in the summer.

Smart enough = great

Some managers cant see past their ways