Warnock for the rest of the season only is fine. Far rather him than, say, Leven. 

The bigger issue is the club have been found wanting yet again when it comes to the next managerial appointment. There's no plan and clearly no 'stradagee'. It's easy to see there should be succession plan from the outside, so what the fuck have they been doing? A catalogue of failures this season from lack of away tops to fucking up cup final ticket sales to this. 

A total failure from the clubs hierarchy.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Presumably that's aimed at me. If it is you've made a cunt of yourself

Look back and you'll see that it's Lennon I was backing. I would have accepted Neil

Nah not just on here, if it's aimed at anyone in particular I would quote, I don't hide if I don't agree with something. 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

GMan sticking up for Robson still 😂😂

No - if you check back l said after the St Mirren game a change had to be made. We waited another month and did nothing- not even planned a list of potential replacements. It is too easy to blame everything on Robson but Cormack , Gunn and his so called FMB must shoulder a great deal of the blame l supported Robson as l said all along because we could not keep sacking managers. We are in a far greater mess on the football side than l ever imagined Cormack etc could get us in.

9 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Feelings mutual.😉

I think I know why it is 

My problem with society, generally, as I get older is this thing that's developed where everyone is now of the opinion that they have a voice, on everything 

That their voice is as important as the next person's, on every single subject

It isn't

And this is incredibly dangerous as you then have people who aren't subject matter experts, influencing things 

This is where you come in with your "itk" keech

You've taken some form of misguided confidence from people lapping up the itk rubbish and are now ostensibly forcing your strong views across on other subjects  - the snowball has gathered pace

• Upvote 4
34 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye but is it? If they have targeted and seen data from managers(they must've done that)...why not bust a gut and spend to get them. Listen,Warnock will bring some noise,grand. Just feels like folk Lord over the English game and everyone is great there. He's a Sam allardyce. But I've never liked him either. Folk need in that actually fit what they said they wanted. Warnock definitely ain't that. As I say,recruitment guy needs in. DOF needs hired aye,but will it actually happen. 

You’ve watched how the clubs been ran for the last few years and are still confident they’ll have done that? 

Not enamoured with Warnock but if it means it allows a proper review of the whole footballing operation from DoF down the way and us getting all of it right in the summer, then fine. 

4 hours ago, G man said:

You cannot say we would not have finished in a European position if Robson had still been in charge. No one will ever know that. Suggest you stick to things that can be debated rather than things that are impossible to know. What did you think of the first half performance? ( against the poorest Celtic team l have seen for years)

I don’t remember you being so negative about performances when barry was manager…

why would that be? 🤔

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think I know why it is 

My problem with society, generally, as I get older is this thing that's developed where everyone is now of the opinion that they have a voice, on everything 

It isn't

And this is incredibly dangerous as you then have people who aren't subject matter experts, influencing things 

Nearly hitting 50 here, so not as young as you think I am I bet. 

I don't really care what you think about what I do or don't know, as I said the other day not posting anything like that anymore just my own opinions 👍 

But it is an open forum, do you want only certain people to post? 

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

Nearly hitting 50 here, so not as young as you think I am I bet. 

I don't really care what you think about what I do or don't know, as I said the other day not posting anything like that anymore just my own opinions 👍 

Genuinely hope you have a great day

I dont think its your fault, you just stir something in me

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Genuinely hope you have a great day

I dont think its your fault, you just stir something in me

It's fine, I'll not post as much and become a reader again, as it's pretty obvious I'm upsetting people in here, why I don't know. Cheers you too. 👍

8 minutes ago, G man said:

Last time more than 10 years ago? Possibly around the time he qualified for his state pension.

Don’t get your point? It’s for 4 months ffs. They need to get upstairs in order first and foremost so need someone to oversee things in that time. Who would you fancy for that time?

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The interim is required. 

I thought people would be happy enough with the club getting upstairs sorted as a priority. 

The club can waste as much money on a consultancy firm but you make the assumption that they will listen to what they suggest. Do not need to waste vasts sums of money on a review as Cormack will not allow his dictatorship to be questioned.

Delighted with this appointment. A manager who's managed at big clubs, in big leagues and who earned that right by managing and delivering at the bottom of the chain. Working his way to the top entirely on merit.

All aboard the Warnock train. Choo choo ... 🚂

9 hours ago, Happy Hibee said:

Should have went for Yogi lads.  We have an aussie league winning cunt if you want him in the summer btw. 

9 hours ago, Happy Hibee said:

Should have went for Yogi lads.  We have an aussie league winning cunt if you want him in the summer btw. 

Yogi did a great job at Falkirk and Caley - I was sitting behind the dugout at Pittodrie one game and he was getting dogs abuse from three or four fans round about. He started joking with them and had them laughing in no time. 

• Like 1

Now we have a CEO in burrows to manage the business, we need a DOF with expertise in running football departments - not an administrator like Gunn. The DOF should hire the head coach, so we need to fix that first.

If we stick with our “vision” of style of play, then John Collins should be considered realistic as he would bring technical know-how for setting up the coaching and lifestyle expectations from his Monaco days, alongside his innate expectation of how to play football.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think I know why it is 

It isn't

You've taken some form of misguided confidence from people lapping up the itk rubbish and are now ostensibly forcing your strong views across on other subjects  - the snowball has gathered pace

Francis Miller Esq., the Original "Social Media Influencer" :checkit:

45 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye but is it? If they have targeted and seen data from managers(they must've done that)...why not bust a gut and spend to get them. Listen,Warnock will bring some noise,grand. Just feels like folk Lord over the English game and everyone is great there. He's a Sam allardyce. But I've never liked him either. Folk need in that actually fit what they said they wanted. Warnock definitely ain't that. As I say,recruitment guy needs in. DOF needs hired aye,but will it actually happen. 

Don't you think there's a possibility that someone has been sounded out but not available until the summer and the club needed in an interim manager until then?

Based on previous experience,  I don't think they have but you never know. 

38 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

Doesn’t really inspire much confidence in the board and their ability to run a successful club.  It's like they've taken the criticism about appointing inexperienced managers so they've went in the opposite direction as extreme as they could go if it is 75 year old Warnock.  They just seem to be making it up as they go along.

I would imagine he'll be getting a pretty penny to take charge - is it really worth it?  I doubt it will be a disaster but what can he realistically achieve?

look at it the other way. They are making it as they go along.  Have been for some time.  With that as background and whilst we're addressing it, is Warnock not a decent shout in the interim.

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Don’t get your point? It’s for 4 months ffs. They need to get upstairs in order first and foremost so need someone to oversee things in that time. Who would you fancy for that time?

I would bring in a very experienced manager until the summer and state from the outset that they will become DOF at the end of the season. He could then see at first hand what is required and then appoint a top notch experience manager with a decent backroom staff. He would be invested in the future of the club. Someone like Warnock would come in for 4 months , take a large sum of money and walk away.None of that l would like would come cheap and neither should it. However it again requires Cormack to reduce his influence on the football side of the club.

• Upvote 1

Would obviously prefer a permanent manager. 

But if there really is going to be a root and branch review (will believe it when i see it, feels like another time buying panic statement like FMB) then a temp manager til the summer makes complete sense. 

On that basis there's unlikely to be a better option willing to come to us than Warnock.  Added bonus is that we're going to have some fun for a few months, win or lose. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

How can anyone know that. Sure he knows the English game inside out but who knows what he knows about things up here?

There's been quite a few managers over the decades come up from down south and underestimated how good things are in Scotland (actually probably more accurately over-estimated how good the English game was in comparison to Scotland) resulting in them bringing up players into their squads who it quickly proved were nowhere near good enough and resulting in fairly short tenures at their clubs.....I'm thinking Heckingarse at Hibs, Warburton to an extent at sevco, funniest of all Macari at Celtic 30 years ago. Of course whoever gets it can't bring in any players now other than free agents anyway....so at least they can't make the same mistakes as those I've named.

If he is appointed he'll get my support but I just have the suspicion it has the potential to be a fucking disaster

Experience talks, I get it.  It'll interest me whereby he seems to be coming in with preconceived ideas re the big two, tinpot league etc but crucially hasnt had any direct involvement with them.  Lets hear his thoughts once he sees how it really works.  Starting Tuesday.

Fwiw of course I think hes on a hiding to nothing on Tuesday but thats not his fault.  Cormack should have been phoning him late november (post final, literally that evening) not the first week in February.  These fixtures were known then.  The Robson experiment panning out the way it did was a very real possibility then. 

16 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I don’t remember you being so negative about performances when barry was manager…

why would that be? 🤔

I have said all season the team has been inconsistent, largely due to bringing in so many players in the summer. All season we have played well in spells and been dreadful in others. The difference between the first and second halfs yesterday was probably the most extreme all season.

7 minutes ago, G man said:

I would bring in a very experienced manager until the summer and state from the outset that they will become DOF at the end of the season. He could then see at first hand what is required and then appoint a top notch experience manager with a decent backroom staff. He would be invested in the future of the club. Someone like Warnock would come in for 4 months , take a large sum of money and walk away.None of that l would like would come cheap and neither should it. However it again requires Cormack to reduce his influence on the football side of the club.

Clearly not TOO experienced