3 hours ago, G man said:

He is 75 years old . Has not had a great track record for a number of years and all we are doing is marking time until we can get a permanent manager. As l have said throughout this season we cannot continue to make short term appointments. Warnock only interested in the job because he doesn't have one at present- not a great recommendation.

Club should have had a replacement confirmed before sacking Robson. That is what most well run clubs would have done.

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on.

Even Gunn must’ve had the gumption to see that the Robson sacking was coming. 

Even if Robson was doing a great job & had been head hunted away (ha!!) it’s incumbent on the DoF to have his finger on the pulse of who we’d want to replace him.

That’s just common sense, surely? 

19 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

His last 3 jobs (in which he went in to massively struggling clubs) he has a better win % than Robson did this season? 

Robson won about 28% of his league games this season. 

With a team we spent millions on against sides that have to stand outside their ground to raise a fiver 🥲

its not even the rangers / Celtic / hearts games we are needing to focus on. We just need to start beating st mirren, Dundee, killie etc again. It really shouldn’t be hard with our budget 

• Upvote 2

Not into this appointment either. He's here to tick his own box. Fitba is turgid. And the hypocrisy in folk saying bringing Mccall in is absolutely grand. Hope it works,am sure he'll get a good send off from fitba by us. Just cause he's experienced doesn't guarantee anything. We should be appointing long term with time now to look at squad and be able to scout who they want for next season. He might be a character, and if that's enough for folk it's very telling 

• Upvote 3
Just now, thegodfuzzy said:

Not into this appointment either. He's here to tick his own box. Fitba is turgid. And the hypocrisy in folk saying bringing Mccall in is absolutely grand. Hope it works,am sure he'll get a good send off from fitba by us. Just cause he's experienced doesn't guarantee anything. We should be appointing long term with time now to look at squad and be able to scout who they want for next season. He might be a character, and if that's enough for folk it's very telling 

They’ve not succession planned and yeah it’s a disgrace. 

However, now we are here, Warnock is the best candidate to take it until summer surely? 

1 minute ago, thegodfuzzy said:

I have no idea if he'll be a success, but the positive for me is that Warnock has demonstrably dealt with similar challenges.  Last few AFC appointments:

Glass - Out of his depth

Goodwin - Out of his depth

Robson - Out of his depth

He's available and willing. We don't know who they've spoken to. It feels like a vanity project. Lennon. Naw. Neil...I would've gone with but not jumping through hoops. This Thelin guy looked a good fit. Few other folk from Norway. 

This club is more than enough for folk to be interested in without bringing Warnock in for a play date and 'fun'. 

I differ in the whole interim thing doesnae wash anymore. Recruitment guy needs brought in too,too many things to get right in a summer. Just because there's no succession plan,they should be busting a gut to make it so. Instead of stalling. Feels more like fear of fucking it up and bringing in 'safe pair of hands' than actually getting us motoring. Big name,big character but for me,he's not the answer. 

1 minute ago, thegodfuzzy said:

He's available and willing. We don't know who they've spoken to. It feels like a vanity project. Lennon. Naw. Neil...I would've gone with but not jumping through hoops. This Thelin guy looked a good fit. Few other folk from Norway. 

This club is more than enough for folk to be interested in without bringing Warnock in for a play date and 'fun'. 

I differ in the whole interim thing doesnae wash anymore. Recruitment guy needs brought in too,too many things to get right in a summer. Just because there's no succession plan,they should be busting a gut to make it so. Instead of stalling. Feels more like fear of fucking it up and bringing in 'safe pair of hands' than actually getting us motoring. Big name,big character but for me,he's not the answer. 

The interim is required. 

I thought people would be happy enough with the club getting upstairs sorted as a priority. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The interim is required. 

I thought people would be happy enough with the club getting upstairs sorted as a priority. 

My preference would be for an interim manager now, with a restructuring of the FMB (sack them all and start again) over the next few months.  New DoF's first job would be to appoint a new permanent manager in time for Summer. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The interim is required. 

Aye but is it? If they have targeted and seen data from managers(they must've done that)...why not bust a gut and spend to get them. Listen,Warnock will bring some noise,grand. Just feels like folk Lord over the English game and everyone is great there. He's a Sam allardyce. But I've never liked him either. Folk need in that actually fit what they said they wanted. Warnock definitely ain't that. As I say,recruitment guy needs in. DOF needs hired aye,but will it actually happen. 

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on.

Even Gunn must’ve had the gumption to see that the Robson sacking was coming. 

Even if Robson was doing a great job & had been head hunted away (ha!!) it’s incumbent on the DoF to have his finger on the pulse of who we’d want to replace him.

That’s just common sense, surely? 

Totally agree . Just another example of the fact the club is being run by inexperienced amateurs with little football know how. It is also frustrating that the club are allowing the west coast  media to set the agenda re future managers etc. 

2 minutes ago, G man said:

Totally agree . Just another example of the fact the club is being run by inexperienced amateurs with little football know how. It is also frustrating that the club are allowing the west coast  media to set the agenda re future managers etc. 

The first thing the “consultants”  will feed back is “you should have had a plan” 

If we are seriously looking at doing a full revamp behind the scenes between now and the end of the season then in happy with this appointment.

However if we get to the end of the season and it’s still ‘Gunner’ choosing who the next gaffer is then this whole thing is pointless.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Doesn’t really inspire much confidence in the board and their ability to run a successful club.  It's like they've taken the criticism about appointing inexperienced managers so they've went in the opposite direction as extreme as they could go if it is 75 year old Warnock.  They just seem to be making it up as they go along.

I would imagine he'll be getting a pretty penny to take charge - is it really worth it?  I doubt it will be a disaster but what can he realistically achieve?

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

My preference would be for an interim manager now, with a restructuring of the FMB (sack them all and start again) over the next few months.  New DoF's first job would be to appoint a new permanent manager in time for Summer. 

Think this idea of some consultancy firm coming in is all a smokescreen to buy Cormack time. If he thought that was necessary surely carry that research out when McInnes was sacked and before the so called new era that supposedly started with Glass. In Goodwin's first season he arrived when we  were lying seventh and we finished tenth. He stayed and nothing was done to sort things from a footballing point of view other than bringing in a bunch of loanees. We made some great signings in the last January window very strange and worrying that we brought in only one player last month. We wont have the same end to the season we had with Goodwin but that is more to do with how bad Livi and County are.

Is it maybe the case that Cormack is planning to replace Gunn due to the failure he's overseen? If he is, then it makes sense to get a new DoF and then entrust him to recruit a permanent manager. There's no sense in allowing Gunn to be part of a process to recruit a permanent manager then replacing Gunn.

Remove the tea boy from his position, recruit a proper DoF then we can start to get our shit together. 

1 minute ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

I think we need to cut the board some slack, Warnock is the steady hand to caress Aberdeen to safety. 

How can anyone know that. Sure he knows the English game inside out but who knows what he knows about things up here?

There's been quite a few managers over the decades come up from down south and underestimated how good things are in Scotland (actually probably more accurately over-estimated how good the English game was in comparison to Scotland) resulting in them bringing up players into their squads who it quickly proved were nowhere near good enough and resulting in fairly short tenures at their clubs.....I'm thinking Heckingarse at Hibs, Warburton to an extent at sevco, funniest of all Macari at Celtic 30 years ago. Of course whoever gets it can't bring in any players now other than free agents anyway....so at least they can't make the same mistakes as those I've named.

If he is appointed he'll get my support but I just have the suspicion it has the potential to be a fucking disaster

15 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye but is it? If they have targeted and seen data from managers(they must've done that)...why not bust a gut and spend to get them. Listen,Warnock will bring some noise,grand. Just feels like folk Lord over the English game and everyone is great there. He's a Sam allardyce. But I've never liked him either. Folk need in that actually fit what they said they wanted. Warnock definitely ain't that. As I say,recruitment guy needs in. DOF needs hired aye,but will it actually happen. 

I agree with your comparison of Warnock to Allardyce. They only come into a club on a short term basis for massive wages to save a club from relegation. We are not that club. Also Allardyce so called magic got his last club Leeds relegated. People like Warnock etc should enjoy their retirement and stick to telling stories on various football podcasts . 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Is it maybe the case that Cormack is planning to replace Gunn due to the failure he's overseen? If he is, then it makes sense to get a new DoF and then entrust him to recruit a permanent manager. There's no sense in allowing Gunn to be part of a process to recruit a permanent manager then replacing Gunn.

Remove the tea boy from his position, recruit a proper DoF then we can start to get our shit together. 

Gunn should have gone when Goodwin left.

So the same people that didn't want a Lennon Neil or Jack are now moaning as Warnock has no Scottish experience 😂😂😂😂😂

You can't please this support honestly, it's not exactly what I want but we need to get behind the side and get into the top 6 and hopefully the Scottish cup final! 

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

So the same people that didn't want a Lennon Neil or Jack are now moaning as Warnock has no Scottish experience 😂😂😂😂😂

You can't please this support honestly, it's not exactly what I want but we need to get behind the side and get into the top 6 and hopefully the Scottish cup final! 

Here's one for you

How about, maybe, just MAYBE, the ones that don't want lennon or Ross aren't the same ones moaning at warnock?

The fanbase isn't one organism 

I just cannot take to you at all

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3
Just now, G man said:

I agree with your comparison of Warnock to Allardyce. They only come into a club on a short term basis for massive wages to save a club from relegation. We are not that club. Also Allardyce so called magic got his last club Leeds relegated. People like Warnock etc should enjoy their retirement and stick to telling stories on various football podcasts . 

Got nae idea why Allardyce has ever been given a job after the bribe stuff. Unfuckingbeliveable. 

But aye,feel folk big up clubs like Huddersfield,QPR and Sheffield United. Don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, G man said:

Warnock has won the championship twice 👍

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

Presumably that's aimed at me. If it is you've made a cunt of yourself

Look back and you'll see that it's Lennon I was backing. I would have accepted Neil