2 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

There's a huge difference between signing a manager on a permanent and signing a manager for 4 months.

I'm fine with the one game appointment.

(I shudder to think what the score would have been with Robson still in charge.)

Were you at the game today? The first half performance was dreadful.Second half was much better, but that is what the team has been all season- inconsistent. 

13 minutes ago, G man said:

Were you at the game today? 

No, but I watched it.

The first half performance was dreadful.Second half was much much better...

Yes

...but that is what the team has been all season- inconsistent. 

I'm happy that Robson is gone and I'm happy for the club to take their time and (hopefully, finally) appoint an experienced manager on a permanent for next season.

I'd have no problem for Warnock to come in to fight for a European place and the Scottish Cup.

(Those things definitely wouldn't be achieved under Barry.)

1 minute ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

No, but I watched it.

Yes

I'm happy that Robson is gone and I'm happy for the club to take their time and (hopefully, finally) appoint an experienced manager on a permanent for next season.

I'd have no problem for Warnock to come in to fight for a European place and the Scottish Cup.

(Those things definitely wouldn't be achieved under Barry.)

You cannot say we would not have finished in a European position if Robson had still been in charge. No one will ever know that. Suggest you stick to things that can be debated rather than things that are impossible to know. What did you think of the first half performance? ( against the poorest Celtic team l have seen for years)

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 7
4 minutes ago, G man said:

You cannot say we would not have finished in a European position if Robson had still been in charge. No one will ever know that. Suggest you stick to things that can be debated rather than things that are impossible to know. What did you think of the first half performance? ( against the poorest Celtic team l have seen for years)

FFS Gordon ye glaiket cunt - we'd have lost that game 5 or 6 nil if the hun simpleton was still in the dugout

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
2 minutes ago, G man said:

You cannot say we would not have finished in a European position if Robson had still been in charge. No one will ever know that. Suggest you stick to things that can be debated rather than things that are impossible to know. 

OK, then... I have no confidence whatsoever that if Barry Robson had remained in charge for the rest of the season that we would finish in a European place or win the Scottish Cup.

6 minutes ago, G man said:

What did you think of the first half performance? ( against the poorest Celtic team l have seen for years)

We were very poor, however, they beat us 6-0 last time, so more than happy with the boost the result has given us going into the Sevco game.

1 minute ago, NEM said:

FFS Gordon ye glaiket cunt - we'd have lost that game 5 or 6 nil if the hun simpleton was still in the dugout

Another useful contribution from you. All this crap about Robson having played for Rangers still rattles the likes of you. Leven played for Rangers for 4 years!!!

Another one who thinks they could predict what would have happened if someone else was in charge today. I prefer to deal in facts-

First half we were as bad as we have been all season.

Second half we were much better against a poor Celtic team.

We have been inconsistent all season, today just reinforced that.

Try and start a contribution without insulting or swearing at someone who has different views to you. Thats what adults usually do.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

OK, then... I have no confidence whatsoever that if Barry Robson had remained in charge for the rest of the season that we would finish in a European place or win the Scottish Cup.

We were very poor, however, they beat us 6-0 last time, so more than happy with the boost the result has given us going into the Sevco game.

I hope we can get as good a result on Tuesday as we did when we last played at Ibrox.🤞🤞

21 minutes ago, G man said:

Have a day off min. We get it, You loved Robson. Move on

36 minutes ago, G man said:

Another useful contribution from you. All this crap about Robson having played for Rangers still rattles the likes of you. Leven played for Rangers for 4 years!!!

Another one who thinks they could predict what would have happened if someone else was in charge today. I prefer to deal in facts-

Try and start a contribution without insulting or swearing at someone who has different views to you. Thats what adults usually do.

Playing for the Huns doesn’t really bother me, being born and brought up in the north east and supporting the rancid cunts does. 

Here’s another fact - under your loon we had about 1 shot on target in 4 games against the Tim’s and got thumped about 18-0 on aggregate. You’re aff your heed if you think we’d have played like we did in the second half under him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Has he actually been appointed? I don't think it's a big picture appointment. Would have liked to have seen someone a bit younger who can scope the place and then moved into DoF and had say in long term appointment.

Someone like Paul Lambert... settle...off the top of my head

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Has he actually been appointed? I don't think it's a big picture appointment. Would have liked to have seen someone a bit younger who can scope the place and then moved into DoF and had say in long term appointment.

Someone like Paul Lambert... settle...off the top of my head

Edit: and saves money on consultants 

45 minutes ago, NEM said:

Playing for the Huns doesn’t really bother me, being born and brought up in the north east and supporting the rancid cunts does. 

Here’s another fact - under your loon we had about 1 shot on target in 4 games against the Tim’s and got thumped about 18-0 on aggregate. You’re aff your heed if you think we’d have played like we did in the second half under him. 

Correct, in legal terms, they call it "the balance of probability".

In the balance of probability, if Robson was still in charge, we'd have by lost, and possibly heavily.

2 hours ago, G man said:

Were you at the game today? The first half performance was dreadful.Second half was much better, but that is what the team has been all season- inconsistent. 

Flip that the other way.  That second half team is the same one that pissed about with a back 5 and zero endeavour against fucking Dundee, Livingston and Ross County at home.

• Upvote 1

Appointing Colin on an interim basis actually pleases me.

His experience will build on yesterday's second half performance and so what if McCall comes as number 2. A hun will know how to take down a hun. Fergie, Calderwood and McInnes all knew how to.

Plus Colin's press conferences are going to be superb.

"Just met Steven Gunn. He's a tit tit."

2 hours ago, G man said:

It could be argued that the have been very consistent this season, consistently sub-par or, if you like, consistently rancid. 

3 hours ago, G man said:

He is 75 years old . Has not had a great track record for a number of years and all we are doing is marking time until we can get a permanent manager. As l have said throughout this season we cannot continue to make short term appointments. Warnock only interested in the job because he doesn't have one at present- not a great recommendation.

Club should have had a replacement confirmed before sacking Robson. That is what most well run clubs would have done.

I agree with the second paragraph, it’s been obvious to absolutely everyone except a handful of delusion idiots that Robson absolutely wasn’t up to the job - they had months to prepare for his departure.

Can get behind the Warnock appointment. 

People says his stats the past few years haven't been great. He's always gone in to clubs really struggling at the bottom of the Championship. That's a tough league at the best of times. He's kept teams up so he's obviously got something about him that players want to play for him. 

Can see him bringing in Yannick Bolasie aswell tbh. Played under him at Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough. A winger who was at Swansea until his contract expired in January. Aye he's 33 but we badly need some width without using Polvara out there. 

• Like 1

The reaction to this on FB and Twitter is brilliant,

he plays worse football that Robson, ( watch his last 2 sides on YouTube lt more like McInnes Aberdeen)

he has no Scottish football experience ( who cares)

he's old ( it's just till end of season)

But I wanted Lennon ( GTF)  

2 hours ago, G man said:

You’ve been ignoring the facts all season, why decide to stick with them today?

You’re going to need to come to terms with the realities G man, this level of self denial can only lead to massive internal conflict. It’s not healthy.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, G man said:

He is 75 years old . Has not had a great track record for a number of years and all we are doing is marking time until we can get a permanent manager. As l have said throughout this season we cannot continue to make short term appointments. Warnock only interested in the job because he doesn't have one at present- not a great recommendation.

Club should have had a replacement confirmed before sacking Robson. That is what most well run clubs would have done.

His last 3 jobs (in which he went in to massively struggling clubs) he has a better win % than Robson did this season? 

Robson won about 28% of his league games this season.