10 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

look at it the other way. They are making it as they go along.  Have been for some time.  With that as background and whilst we're addressing it, is Warnock not a decent shout in the interim.

How much will we be paying him for the 4 months or so in charge?  Given that 4th is our best realistic target is it worth it?  That's my main concerns.  

3 minutes ago, G man said:

I have said all season the team has been inconsistent, largely due to bringing in so many players in the summer. All season we have played well in spells and been dreadful in others. The difference between the first and second halfs yesterday was probably the most extreme all season.

You really haven’t. At least now you’ll be able to criticise the team without fear of upsetting your boy

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Warnock has won the championship twice 👍

Looking at Wikipedia he’s won the championship once and been promoted from it two other times in a very long career. All 3 teams he’s taken up were relegated almost straight away; the one that didn’t go down first season sacked him in January and survived by a point. 
That said, my concern are more as a club we don’t seem to have an idea what we’re doing rather than anything against Warnock and really feel the board should be looking wider and they definitely should have been better prepared.

Appreciate it’s easy to criticise, I suggested Kombouare on the main thread which had people challenging his win percentages - perhaps he should learn from Warnock and get relegated to boost his numbers… I just feel that if we want to be a club that plays fast attacking football, bringing through players and challenging for trophies, we’ve a better chance of achieving it with someone who tries to do it or has done it in the past, than with someone who has not.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Looking at Wikipedia he’s won the championship once and been promoted from it two other times in a very long career. All 3 teams he’s taken up were relegated almost straight away; the one that didn’t go down first season sacked him in January and survived by a point. 
That said, my concern are more as a club we don’t seem to have an idea what we’re doing rather than anything against Warnock and really feel the board should be looking wider and they definitely should have been better prepared.

Appreciate it’s easy to criticise, I suggested Kombouare on the main thread which had people challenging his win percentages - perhaps he should learn from Warnock and get relegated to boost his numbers… I just feel that if we want to be a club that plays fast attacking football, bringing through players and challenging for trophies, we’ve a better chance of achieving it with someone who tries to do it or has done it in the past, than with someone who has not.

lol this entire post lost any credibility as soon as you mentioned Kombouare

Got mixed feelings about this appointment. For me it reeks of desperation by the FMB who don't have a clue or plan in place and who are perhaps just pandering to a section of our support (perhaps reading some posts on the HAT) that were calling on an experienced manager like Warnock.

While there is no doubt that Warnock has the experience, knowledge and personality, but fucking hell he's 75 now. Get the feeling if this was either Hearts or Hibs appointing Warnock, on the whole we would be pishing ourselves laughing at the appointment.

Main thing for me, Warnock is only the interim manager, let's see who the manager after him will be because the FMB HAVE to get the next appointment right.

8 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Don't you think there's a possibility that someone has been sounded out but not available until the summer and the club needed in an interim manager until then?

Based on previous experience,  I don't think they have but you never know. 

Honestly. Naw. I think it's stalling. Robson was kept in place so long they couldn't not give him the job. This all might go grand. But I would be more inclined to give it to a John Collins and then keep him in a role. DOF...I don't know if he would. I don't see that happening. Gordon Strachan or someone like that. He's in a gig he seems happy with but. Why not go abroad and seek out the management that has a history of playing like this. 

I like what Cormack wants to do,I think his heart is in right place. I just feel he's now buckling with fear of getting it wrong rather than going for it

22 minutes ago, G man said:

I would bring in a very experienced manager until the summer and state from the outset that they will become DOF at the end of the season. He could then see at first hand what is required and then appoint a top notch experience manager with a decent backroom staff. He would be invested in the future of the club. Someone like Warnock would come in for 4 months , take a large sum of money and walk away.None of that l would like would come cheap and neither should it. However it again requires Cormack to reduce his influence on the football side of the club.

You’re assuming that there would be plenty of these very experienced managers not only willing to manage us on a temporary basis but then move up the stairs to become DoF. 

14 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Clearly not TOO experienced 

Clearly not 75 years old. Not working for Roy at Palace, never worked for  Allardyce at Leeds. By the age of 75 the game has moved on and they really should enjoy their retirement. Putting the footballing side of our club in the hands of anyone of that age would be seen for what it is - total panic. 

• Upvote 1

Officially announced by the club and a press conference has been posted to Red TV. Transcript here:

Press Conference Script:

Moderator: Good afternoon, everyone. We have Neil Warnock here to address questions about his role with the club. Neil, welcome to Aberdeen, can you provide some insights into your approach to managing the team?

Neil Warnock: Well, let me make it clear – the club has given me explicit permission to register as a player, and I am allowed to manage the team in the nude. It's all within the regulations, you know.

Reporter 1: Neil, that's an unusual choice. Can you elaborate on why you've decided to manage in the nude?

Neil Warnock: The club believes in my unconventional methods, and if that means managing in the nude, so be it. It's all about creating a unique team environment.

Reporter 2: But what about the potential distractions or controversies?

Neil Warnock: The club has complete confidence in my ability to focus on the game, regardless of my attire. Let's move on from this topic.

*Suddenly, Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack bursts into the room dressed as a rowie, a type of Scottish pastry.*

Dave Cormack: Hold on a minute! Let's not forget about the rowies, folks! Aberdeen's pride! 

Reporter 3: Mr. Cormack, what does this have to do with Neil's management style?

Dave Cormack: Rowies and football go hand in hand. It's all about the spirit of the game and the local culture. And speaking of rowies, let me treat you to a little "rowie rap."

*Dave Cormack begins an unexpected and energetic rap about rowies, emphasizing their deliciousness and connection to Aberdeen.*

Moderator: Well, that was unexpected. Any other questions for Neil or Mr. Cormack?

*Neil Warnock, seemingly inspired by the rowie rap, decides to join in the unconventional atmosphere. He starts stripping, leaving the room in a state of shock.*

Neil Warnock: If managing in the nude is what it takes, then I'll embrace it fully. Thank you all, and remember, it's all in the spirit of the game.

*Neil Warnock exits the press conference, leaving a bewildered group of reporters and officials in his wake.*

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 2
7 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

You’re assuming that there would be plenty of these very experienced managers not only willing to manage us on a temporary basis but then move up the stairs to become DoF. 

I think there would if the club didn’t try and do it on the cheap.

1 minute ago, JumboJET said:

Officially announced by the club and a press conference has been posted to Red TV. Transcript here:

Press Conference Script:

Moderator: Good afternoon, everyone. We have Neil Warnock here to address questions about his role with the club. Neil, welcome to Aberdeen, can you provide some insights into your approach to managing the team?

Neil Warnock: Well, let me make it clear – the club has given me explicit permission to register as a player, and I am allowed to manage the team in the nude. It's all within the regulations, you know.

Reporter 1: Neil, that's an unusual choice. Can you elaborate on why you've decided to manage in the nude?

Neil Warnock: The club believes in my unconventional methods, and if that means managing in the nude, so be it. It's all about creating a unique team environment.

Reporter 2: But what about the potential distractions or controversies?

Neil Warnock: The club has complete confidence in my ability to focus on the game, regardless of my attire. Let's move on from this topic.

*Suddenly, Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack bursts into the room dressed as a rowie, a type of Scottish pastry.*

Dave Cormack: Hold on a minute! Let's not forget about the rowies, folks! Aberdeen's pride! 

Reporter 3: Mr. Cormack, what does this have to do with Neil's management style?

Dave Cormack: Rowies and football go hand in hand. It's all about the spirit of the game and the local culture. And speaking of rowies, let me treat you to a little "rowie rap."

*Dave Cormack begins an unexpected and energetic rap about rowies, emphasizing their deliciousness and connection to Aberdeen.*

Moderator: Well, that was unexpected. Any other questions for Neil or Mr. Cormack?

*Neil Warnock, seemingly inspired by the rowie rap, decides to join in the unconventional atmosphere. He starts stripping, leaving the room in a state of shock.*

Neil Warnock: If managing in the nude is what it takes, then I'll embrace it fully. Thank you all, and remember, it's all in the spirit of the game.

*Neil Warnock exits the press conference, leaving a bewildered group of reporters and officials in his wake.*

^ You actually went to the trouble to write that pish..... 😆

Just to add, NRT.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Got mixed feelings about this appointment. For me it reeks of desperation by the FMB who don't have a clue or plan in place and who are perhaps just pandering to a section of our support (perhaps reading some posts on the HAT) that were calling on an experienced manager like Warnock.

While there is no doubt that Warnock has the experience, knowledge and personality, but fucking hell he's 75 now. Get the feeling if this was either Hearts or Hibs appointing Warnock, on the whole we would be pishing ourselves laughing at the appointment.

Main thing for me, Warnock is only the interim manager, let's see who the manager after him will be because the FMB HAVE to get the next appointment right.

They don’t have a clue but it seems they came up with a plan in the hope they can have everything sorted out by the summer to stop the new year manager merry go round.

I’m happy with Warnock he ticks a lot of boxes and due to his age will be more than happy to take the team short term and may even help get the club in order for the next manager. 

• Dildo 1
46 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I don’t remember you being so negative about performances when barry was manager…

why would that be? 🤔

Was nothing to do with who was in charge, it was all to do with 4 managers, now 5 in less than 4 years. No club can develop with that number of changes. I would have given Glass longer but ensured he had a more experienced coaching team, would have given Goodwin less time since he lost the players and had us in a relegation dog fight and if Robson was not going to get any more time at least have a future plan in place.

7 minutes ago, G man said:

I think there would if the club didn’t try and do it on the cheap.

You’ve just said Warnock will come in and “take a large sum of money” so is it on the cheap or not? 

IMO there’s not going to be as many experienced managers as you think keen  on taking the job for 4 months to then be moved upstairs. 

So, I’ll be expecting the club to come out tomorrow and confirm/deny this consultancy story and also provide an update on the managers situation.

Like the Robson exit announcement, will it come from Cormack? If it does, all it does it confirms that Burrows and Gunn, for starters, are toast, as that would surely be their remit - one of them to at least make the statements anyway.

1 hour ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Pretty underwhelmed with this if it happens. Would rather get the right man in now to build for the long term, or if we really need a short term fix go for one who aligns with what we’re trying to do. 

Perhaps the "right man" isn't available right now but will be or will potentially be available at the end of the season.

Sometimes there is a bigger picture. 

1 hour ago, Willo flood said:

If we are seriously looking at doing a full revamp behind the scenes between now and the end of the season then in happy with this appointment.

However if we get to the end of the season and it’s still ‘Gunner’ choosing who the next gaffer is then this whole thing is pointless.

Agree. 

Also need to be getting the mew DOF and Manager in place as soon as possible after the season ends. No fucking about until August. 

Also think Burrows will go. Not enjoying the job at all.

2 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

You’ve just said Warnock will come in and “take a large sum of money” so is it on the cheap or not? 

IMO there’s not going to be as many experienced managers as you think keen  on taking the job for 4 months to then be moved upstairs. 

Do not follow what you say. If you invest heavily in the future of the club it does not start with giving money to a person who would have no interest in the future of the club. He takes the money and leaves regardless of what happens. The Warnock type of approach just continues the uncertainty.

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Warnock for the rest of the season only is fine. Far rather him than, say, Leven. 

The bigger issue is the club have been found wanting yet again when it comes to the next managerial appointment. There's no plan and clearly no 'stradagee'. It's easy to see there should be succession plan from the outside, so what the fuck have they been doing? A catalogue of failures this season from lack of away tops to fucking up cup final ticket sales to this. 

A total failure from the clubs hierarchy.

Again as I have already said - this may not be true and simply a case of the right man not currently being available - but they will be or will potentially become available at the end of the season.

Warnock isn't my cuppa but you can't argue with his record.

There is no doubting Warnock’s pedigree but 75, FFS? I know he’s a youthful looking 75 yr old but there must be concerns about his energy, at this stage in his life, even if he does leave the actual coaching to Leven or whoever.

But when appointing an interim, the scope of possible applicants is very narrow, that’s the reality of Cormack’s preferred direction