8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

So, I’ll be expecting the club to come out tomorrow and confirm/deny this consultancy story and also provide an update on the managers situation.

Like the Robson exit announcement, will it come from Cormack? If it does, all it does it confirms that Burrows and Gunn, for starters, are toast, as that would surely be their remit - one of them anyway.

Agree with what you say.

4 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Surely he is allowed to have his own opinions. Lynch mob mentality on here sometimes.

Thanks Ernie. I just find it pathetic that some people cannot even consider other people might have different views to themselves but when they do post they write absolute drivel or insults or both. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

This consultancy, do we know when it was started? Is it possible that it started a while back?

Ot was it (in all probability) the end of last week?

Or is it all just a smokescreen to take the attention away from the total mishandling of the situation by Cormack etc

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

This consultancy, do we know when it was started? Is it possible that it started a while back?

Ot was it (in all probability) the end of last week?

Or maybe it’s just made up flummery to buy some time, similar to the mythical FMB? At least it’s an acknowledgment/admission of incompetence.

Just now, G man said:

Or is it all just a smokescreen to take the attention away from the total mishandling of the situation by Cormack etc

Just now, milne_afc said:

Or maybe it’s just made up flummery to buy some time, similar to the mythical FMB? At least it’s an acknowledgment/admission of incompetence.

🤝

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

There is no doubting Warnock’s pedigree but 75, FFS? I know he’s a youthful looking 75 yr old but there must be concerns about his energy, at this stage in his life, even if he does leave the actual coaching to Leven or whoever.

But when appointing an interim, the scope of possible applicants is very narrow, that’s the reality of Cormack’s preferred direction 

Not directly comparing their abilities/records but would you have had the same ‘ageist’ opinion of Sir Alex if we had taken him in (even as interm) over the past seven years 🤔

• Dildo 1
46 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You really haven’t. At least now you’ll be able to criticise the team without fear of upsetting your boy

I really have. Again you revert to your childish, mind numbingly boring posts. Try and contribute something useful for a change.

13 minutes ago, G man said:

Do not follow what you say. If you invest heavily in the future of the club it does not start with giving money to a person who would have no interest in the future of the club. He takes the money and leaves regardless of what happens. The Warnock type of approach just continues the uncertainty.

Well you said it was being done on the cheap but a few posts above you said it would take a large sum of money to get Warnock here. 

FWIW I’m not overly excited about Warnock, he’s done plenty in the past but not so sure that now transfers over to the present day. 

However, if he can use his experience to get a tune of of this squad, which is one of the best in the league, whilst allowing a thorough review to take place (followed by meaningful and positive changes at DoF and manager level) then fine.

It is a big if though. Could well be as mentioned above that it’s just noise thrown out by Cormack to make it look like they’re doing something about the whole mess. In reality, this consultancy stuff should’ve been done when we changed the structure initially when DM was punted. Instead we did the whole thing back to front, and have ended up here.

Regardless of who is appointed interim manager it really shows up the failing of the board in the first place by appointing 3 managers in as many years. If the sacked managers were not up to it then I’m not exactly filled with optimism they can get it right this time round or any time soon.
     As for Warnock, glaring that the board are in panic mode. Does the board look at football forums then say ‘ great idea go with that’  

Need a new manager and new board.Milne strikes me as a man on a downward spiral with his business going tits up. Time up for him at least.

14 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

It wouldn’t be the 1st time that BBC Sportsound have posted utter shite. Like the time Tom English opined that Derek would get sacked should we lose to Hibs away - which we subsequently did, and he wasn’t.

2 hours ago, Helmet said:

You’ve been ignoring the facts all season, why decide to stick with them today?

You’re going to need to come to terms with the realities G man, this level of self denial can only lead to massive internal conflict. It’s not healthy.

Again read my posts. Have said since the 3-0 home defeat that a change was needed. What was Cormack etc doing throughout January planning for a change?

Just now, sooth_stander said:

It wouldn’t be the 1st time that BBC Sportsound have posted utter shite. Line the time Tom English opined that Derek would get sacked shoujd we lose to Hi s away - which we subsequently did, and he wasn’t.

English was fed that line and stands by it. Cormack bottled it.

• Upvote 2
37 minutes ago, G man said:

Was nothing to do with who was in charge, it was all to do with 4 managers, now 5 in less than 4 years. No club can develop with that number of changes. I would have given Glass longer but ensured he had a more experienced coaching team, would have given Goodwin less time since he lost the players and had us in a relegation dog fight and if Robson was not going to get any more time at least have a future plan in place.

How do you know we don't have a plan in place? It's just that the person we want can't come until the summer? So we need/want a safe pair of hands just now. 

One thing i'll be pleased about with Warnock is being old school:

seeing your full back is being raped - double up on the winger.

Our winger being shit - change to other side

Overrun in midfield - put another body in there

all during the match.

All of Glass, Goodwin and Robson have never changed anything mid half and I presume they are being taught on these courses that its all about repetition.

Bull shit you can impact a game using tactics or turning the crowd by making a change

• Upvote 1
Just now, Tord31 said:

One thing i'll be pleased about with Warnock is being old school:

seeing your full back is being raped - double up on the winger.

Our winger being shit - change to other side

Overrun in midfield - put another body in there

all during the match.

All of Glass, Goodwin and Robson have never changed anything mid half and I presume they are being taught on these courses that its all about repetition.

Bull shit you can impact a game using tactics or turning the crowd by making a change

Glass always favoured a halftime change as it meant the opposition couldn't see what you were doing, famously Jet away to hearts when he looked incredible .

38 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

You’ve just said Warnock will come in and “take a large sum of money” so is it on the cheap or not? 

IMO there’s not going to be as many experienced managers as you think keen  on taking the job for 4 months to then be moved upstairs. 

He is talking himself round in circles

At the core of it G-Man is upset Robson is gone

Just now, Rico1903 said:

I’m surprised Data Dave is keen on Warnock. 

“And you modern guys, you youngsters. It’s all data and that”. 

Here’s hoping his man management skills get Duk and Clarkson back to their best. 

https://twitter.com/petercrouchpod/status/1742487490349441502?s=46&t=Z_HLeZlJIrO3optaOoLy6Q

Hopefully it’s Duk who gets invited under the brolly and offered bits of chewing gum. He’ll be worth £10m again by May.

The consultancy stuff is a load of shite. It's probably the type of thing that Dave has used in his company's but in my experience it's a tick box exercise (we've used Deloitte's a lot and they're meant to be the best).

They tend to stick around longer than they're meant to, thus getting paid more, then go missing for weeks while they compile their findings, then report back the most obvious stuff ever, the company gets worked up about it for a week ready to take action and then it's soon forgotten.

They also don't really report on individuals, so they ain't going to come out and say Gunn is crap. What I'd maybe expect is them to say his role is too big for one person (he does seem to have a huge amount of responsibility tbf). I'd be up for bringing in a DoF just for the men's senior team and let Gunn deal with all the rest, that way he saves a bit of face.

They'll probably say the FMB is a a load of shite. You can really have 4 or 5 folk making a decision about who a manager should be for example as every one will have their own opinion. Dissolve the FMB and move their responsibilities into a new DoF.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, G man said:

Was nothing to do with who was in charge, it was all to do with 4 managers, now 5 in less than 4 years. No club can develop with that number of changes. I would have given Glass longer but ensured he had a more experienced coaching team, would have given Goodwin less time since he lost the players and had us in a relegation dog fight and if Robson was not going to get any more time at least have a future plan in place.

You're changing the angle you took to back Robson. Before it was 'winning at Ibrox', 'league stages in Europe' etc. 

it's fine. Barry wasn't up to it. Admit you were wrong and move on.

• Upvote 2
58 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Big Yogi in as his assistant, you know it makes sense 

Try telling that to the Dunfermline fans when Yogi got them relegated from the Championship. Think that was his last job. Another who is past his sell by date.