8 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There are people who just moan about everything because their own lives are empty and depressing. Seems to be a lot of them on here.

Funny that, considering you come on here solely to argue with everyone. I've yet to read one positive post from you.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Warnock's learning on the job as far as this squad goes. For 30 minutes last night, we were beyond shocking. He got his tactics and team selection wrong, but he acknowledged that with his changes. Thereafter i thought we were brilliant.

Two take aways from last nights game:

One - Warnock learns and adapts quickly. Mistakes were made which he won't make again.

Two - He's already instilled something in the team. Go back just a few weeks, trailing by three goals we'd have been sunk. No matter what changes were made or how early. We had a fight about us once the players clicked, the team were fired up, the fans were fired up. It was fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7
5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He's very upbeat when talking about the Huns, Ibrox, their supporters clubs, their pitch etc.

Hopefully we can play what he calls "the big boys" again to keep him happy. 

And there it is 

Just now, Dunty said:

Funny that, considering you come on here solely to argue with everyone. I've yet to read one positive post from you.

I make plenty, I also get called a happy clapper by some people on here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t say the same for you though, no idea what your posts are like so obviously another beige poster 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Warnock's learning on the job as far as this squad goes. For 30 minutes last night, we were beyond shocking. He got his tactics and team selection wrong, but he acknowledged that with his changes. Thereafter i thought we were brilliant.

Two take aways from last nights game:

One - Warnock learns and adapts quickly. Mistakes were made which he won't make again.

Two - He's already instilled something in the team. Go back just a few weeks, trailing by three goals we'd have been sunk. No matter what changes were made or how early. We had a fight about us once the players clicked, the team were fired up, the fans were fired up. It was fantastic.

As I said previously normally if we go three nil down the players heads are down and it’s a write off. They fought and worked hard and if it wasn’t for a nonsensical VAR decision it would have been one of the greatest comebacks. This would never have happened under the last few managers.

I am optimistic about the Hibs game tbh. 

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, Helmet said:

Did he just come up here though? He’s got a house in Scotland and visits regularly.

Secondly, when the fuck would be do homework on the squad and to what end- he’s a last minute panic appointment and has agreed to help out a club that’s in a fucking shambles due to the people running it and the numpty managers they keep appointing.

You mean his house in Dunoon?  I'm pretty sure it would be closer to Newcastle than Aberdeen.

3 hours ago, Waycross Don said:

What ever anyone says he is good value - hilarious quip.

And at least last nights game was most entertaining in ages, the whole place was buzzing once we got our first, and everyone senses the comeback was on - really should have won 4-3 but for our entry level VAR.

Folk actually stayed after their 3rd went in?

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

As I said previously normally if we go three nil down the players heads are down and it’s a write off. They fought and worked hard and if it wasn’t for a nonsensical VAR decision it would have been one of the greatest comebacks. This would never have happened under the last few managers.

I am optimistic about the Hibs game tbh. 

We played with energy and urgency for that 60 mins that I’ve not seen before. It was treated like a preseason game so far into our season which let us down in the first 30 mins. Limited long balls as well and Duk looked up for it. 

• Upvote 1
On 2/14/2024 at 11:13 PM, Broken_Glass said:

Ohhh dear. Take your rose tinted specs off. A pathetic performance at Ibrox where the scoreline flattered us only losing by one goal, an even worse performance against Bonnyrigg Rose then that "performance" tonight and I sound mental. 

Sorry but that's cold hard facts and reality. Feel free to continue the one man stand up show defending the indefensible.

That line up tonight.........ohhh deary me!

My word.

• Upvote 2

I'm not arsed about Warnock. He's not getting us Europe and he's not winning us the cup. It's not a reflection on him. Hopefully he can pass on some wisdom to the players, but especially to the administration. 

A nice old bloke. Thanks for taking an interest.

1 hour ago, alscotoz said:

I'm not arsed about Warnock. He's not getting us Europe and he's not winning us the cup. It's not a reflection on him. Hopefully he can pass on some wisdom to the players, but especially to the administration. 

That’s not really the point though, he’s not been been brought in to win the cup or make Europe. It’s to stop even more damage to the clubs reputation and league standing. If we make Europe or win the cup then we will all be over the moon but surely fans realise this is highly unlikely and Warnock has not been tasked with that.

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

With Cormack undertaking this 'root and branch' review of the set up behind the scenes and hiring consultants to search for the new manager rather than leaving it to the FMB, it's threatening to look like the penny has finally dropped that he can't just appoint any old yes man if he wants to realise his dream for AFC.

He made a real effort to get Warnock in, went back to him after being turned down originally and is paying him an incredible amount of money by AFC standards to be here, so I've no doubt he's here to help evaluate the set up just as much as he's here to manage the first team.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

With Cormack undertaking this 'root and branch' review of the set up behind the scenes and hiring consultants to search for the new manager rather than leaving it to the FMB, it's threatening to look like the penny has finally dropped that he can't just appoint any old yes man if he wants to realise his dream for AFC.

He made a real effort to get Warnock in, went back to him after being turned down originally and is paying him an incredible amount of money by AFC standards to be here, so I've no doubt he's here to help evaluate the set up just as much as he's here to manage the first team.

Not according to Warnock. 

Could have got 2 or 3 times the cash at..... Charlton. 

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

Michty me.

Just as well its a good drying day today. Means a fair amount of folk will get their bedsheets out to dry after pissing all over them since Warno came in.

Aberdeen fans are the worst. The seasons fucked anyway.

FFS he's three games in and folk are turning on him. The bed sheet industry as always is booming in Aberdeen.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Not according to Warnock. 

Could have got 2 or 3 times the cash at..... Charlton. 

Bear in mind Warnock's spent a career at a decent level down south where overinflated wages are the norm.

Perhaps £1-1.5m for 4 months of work isn't a lot down there, but up here it is...

• Upvote 1