TV repairs companies

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Worked in a house years ago that had a tv in the bathroom. 

Mentalists. 

Ex has that - in her hoose in a rougher part of toon aswell. Built into the wall. New money

which is the point I was making about Dazzy and the humblebrag. Aberdonians and their new season toys 

41 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

If I was gay I'd be oral only. I wouldn't want to give nor receive bumsex. I'd return a bj though just to be polite.

A reach around is polite, returning a BJ is really close to going full gay.

16 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Doesn’t it fall under the same category as paying for meals in a restaurant? Voluntary!

Correct. It's "an invitation to treat" when you voluntarily express a willingness to enter into a contract by offering to pay a cost, charge, bill, or tax but not as it is advertised or relayed. 

The advertised price on a menu for, say, a main course meal doesn't have to be paid, in full. By expressing a willingness to negotiate doesn't mean you are legally-bound to pay the price denoted on the menu. You can come to an agreement with the restaurant if they accept your offer of what you are willing to pay for the meal.

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Correct. It's "an invitation to treat" when you voluntarily express a willingness to enter into a contract by offering to pay a cost, charge, bill, or tax but not as it is advertised or relayed. 

The advertised price on a menu for, say, a main course meal doesn't have to be paid, in full. By expressing a willingness to negotiate doesn't mean you are legally-bound to pay the price denoted on the menu. You can come to an agreement with the restaurant if they accept your offer of what you are willing to pay for the meal.

If you deliberately go into a restaurant with the intention of eating a meal and leaving without paying it is a criminal offence.  However, refusing to pay because you had a shite meal for instance is a civil matter.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Don Fonte said:

If you deliberately go into a restaurant with the intention of eating a meal and leaving without paying it is a criminal offence.  However, refusing to pay because you had a shite meal for instance is a civil matter.

True, on both counts min. However, they are completely different matters in comparison.to expressing a willingness to pay a cost for goods and/or services. 

However, in contract law, you do not have to pay what the retailer advertises as the cost to pay, as this is simply an invitation to treat, the point before you actually enter into a bona fide contract.  

You, as the customer, offer to pay what price you wish to (whether it be the advertised cost, in full or in part) and the retailer has a consideration to undertake as to whether to accept the offer or not.

48 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

True, on both counts min. However, they are completely different matters in comparison.to expressing a willingness to pay a cost for goods and/or services. 

However, in contract law, you do not have to pay what the retailer advertises as the cost to pay, as this is simply an invitation to treat, the point before you actually enter into a bona fide contract.  

You, as the customer, offer to pay what price you wish to (whether it be the advertised cost, in full or in part) and the retailer has a consideration to undertake as to whether to accept the offer or not.

Do you try to haggle in McDonalds MAD?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I’d have thought you’d have to intimate to the ‘seller’  that you weren’t agreeing to the advertised price before ordering the food otherwise there would be a presumption of an implied acceptance of that price.

And that if you tried to renegotiate the price after that there would be a presumption that you’re a cunt.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Do you try to haggle in McDonalds MAD?

I haggled in Burger King in Union Square in Aberdeen the once before I caught my bus home fae work.

I gave the subcontinental lad who was working behind the counter what I believed was the correct price to pay for my food and cola. He gladly accepted my offer but when I put my hand out for my 1p chance, the grinning chancer put the 1p in a charity box at the counter. Cheeky cunt.

I aired my displeasure of what he had done and then quietly left to alight my bus home at stance 12 at Aberdeen Bus Station.