TV repairs companies

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I haggled in Burger King in Union Square in Aberdeen the once before I caught my bus home fae work.

I gave the subcontinental lad who was working behind the counter what I believed was the correct price to pay for my food and cola. He gladly accepted my offer but when I put my hand out for my 1p chance, the grinning chancer put the 1p in a charity box at the counter. Cheeky cunt.

I aired my displeasure of what he had done and then quietly left to alight my bus home at stance 12 at Aberdeen Bus Station.

Would never have been allowed down at the Beach.

22 minutes ago, redone said:

I’d have thought you’d have to intimate to the ‘seller’  that you weren’t agreeing to the advertised price before ordering the food otherwise there would be a presumption of an implied acceptance of that price.

And that if you tried to renegotiate the price after that there would be a presumption that you’re a cunt.

Nae necessarily min. 

At the.point of choosing and then ordering your meal of choice, you are not obliged to pay the price advertised for said meal when it comes to the act of paying.

The implied acceptance concept you air is correct insofar that it is universally accepted that the advertised cost of a meal must be paid but legally that isn't the case. 

However, the implication/verbal part of the act, when served, only applies to the food you order and not its cost. 

9 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Nae necessarily min. 

At the.point of choosing and then ordering your meal of choice, you are not obliged to pay the price advertised for said meal when it comes to the act of paying.

The implied acceptance concept you air is correct insofar that it is universally accepted that the advertised cost of a meal must be paid but legally that isn't the case. 

However, the implication/verbal part of the act, when served, only applies to the food you order and not its cost. 

When does the acceptance of the price come then - when the food touches your lips?

Offer and acceptance - they offer you a dish, at a price, you accept that when you either order it or eat it, which is it?

2 minutes ago, sigh said:

When does the acceptance of the price come then - when the food touches your lips?

Offer and acceptance - they offer you a dish, at a price, you accept that when you either order it or eat it, which is it?

The offer is made at the point of purchase, in this instance upon reaching the act of payment after the meal has been served and consumed. 

The acceptance is made when the restaurant ultimately decides to take you up on your offer of payment, whether it conforns to the cost advertised on the menu or at a reduced, and accepted, amount. 

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The offer is made at the point of purchase, in this instance upon reaching the act of payment after the meal has been served and consumed. 

The acceptance is made when the restaurant ultimately decides to take you up on your offer of payment, whether it conforns to the cost advertised on the menu or at a reduced, and accepted, amount. 

Failure to pay said price would result in police being called and you likely being arrested

56 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I haggled in Burger King in Union Square in Aberdeen the once before I caught my bus home fae work.

I gave the subcontinental lad who was working behind the counter what I believed was the correct price to pay for my food and cola. He gladly accepted my offer but when I put my hand out for my 1p chance, the grinning chancer put the 1p in a charity box at the counter. Cheeky cunt.

I aired my displeasure of what he had done and then quietly left to alight my bus home at stance 12 at Aberdeen Bus Station.

Did it taste funny? 

52 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Failure to pay said price would result in police being called and you likely being arrested

It wouldn't be failure to pay though.

You are actually offering an amount you wish to pay to the retailer/seller for the goods and/or services, and it is then up to them if they wish to accept the offer of payment or not, whether it be the full amount denoted or not.

It's like a house being advertised on the market for sale at £200,000. You exoress a desire to buy the house but offer only £180,000. The offerer then waits for the seller deciding to accept the offer of payment or not. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It wouldn't be failure to pay though.

You are actually offering an amount you wish to pay to the retailer/seller for the goods and/or services, and it is then up to them if they wish to accept the offer of payment or not, whether it be the full amount denoted or not.

It's like a house being advertised on the market for sale at £200,000. You exoress a desire to buy the house but offer only £180,000. The offerer then waits for the seller deciding to accept the offer of payment or not. 

It’s fuck all like that

6 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

So you left BK to then leave the bus?!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Or you could put in an offer on a decent house. £200k ffs LOL

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Correct. It's "an invitation to treat" when you voluntarily express a willingness to enter into a contract by offering to pay a cost, charge, bill, or tax but not as it is advertised or relayed.

The advertised price on a menu for, say, a main course meal doesn't have to be paid, in full. By expressing a willingness to negotiate doesn't mean you are legally-bound to pay the price denoted on the menu. You can come to an agreement with the restaurant if they accept your offer of what you are willing to pay for the meal.

^ To do that is pure mink behaviour min.

19 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

True, on both counts min. However, they are completely different matters in comparison.to expressing a willingness to pay a cost for goods and/or services. 

However, in contract law, you do not have to pay what the retailer advertises as the cost to pay, as this is simply an invitation to treat, the point before you actually enter into a bona fide contract.  

You, as the customer, offer to pay what price you wish to (whether it be the advertised cost, in full or in part) and the retailer has a consideration to undertake as to whether to accept the offer or not.

Hold on. What the fuck is this? You can negotiate on the price listed on the menu for food in a restaurant? I've never heard of such a thing. Surely the staff would just tell you to chase yourself. I would also wonder if they would have reason to charge you for the booking you'd made as you've effectively cost them a table's worth of income. More and more places take a deposit these days due to the upturn in no shows do they not?

4 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Hold on. What the fuck is this? You can negotiate on the price listed on the menu for food in a restaurant? I've never heard of such a thing. Surely the staff would just tell you to chase yourself. I would also wonder if they would have reason to charge you for the booking you'd made as you've effectively cost them a table's worth of income. More and more places take a deposit these days due to the upturn in no shows do they not?

Aye give it a go and see how it goes...