Aberdeen 2 - 2 Hibernian

1 hour ago, G man said:

Letting Tom Ritchie go on loan to Buckie makes me believe they must have a free agent keeper lined up to come in.

I doubt it, Warnock’s probably said he isn’t going get a game or even on the bench between now & the summer so they’ve loaned him out. 

After a brief scan of the free agent list, there’s no keepers that look any better than Roos, and more importantly they’re mostly based abroad so not sure they’d particularly fancy a 4 month stint in Aberdeen. 

2 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Gartenmann the worst culprit.Meekly outmuscled by the Hibs boy to pass to Boyle.Early in the game, ref unlikely to start dishing out the cards, so risk a booking by not allowing the boy to get hold of the ball and pass it on.Really poor from a supposedly experienced player.Doubt Ruby or MacDonald would’ve been so easily brushed aside.

It would  criminal if his guy is given a contract next season at AFC

But that's how soft are current recruitment is

Simply not noe enough send him back. Return to sender

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And that’s why we’ll be bottom 6.

We are shipping too many goals & shite at the back. 

Absolute garbage 

This team are unable to defend - regardless of who the manager is. They are woeful and that is why we will be a top 6 club  but- absolutely a bottom 6 team. Where we deserve to be Dave...all on you if you had any doubts.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Mackenzie looked very good.

Has definitely improved hugely since the turn of the year.

Having said that, I'm surprised that not a single person noticed his culpability for Hibs opening goal.

He ambled back and left the Hibs boy acres of space to exploit.

Most blaming Roos, who has no doubt been shite, but for what? The kick?

Yeah it was pish, but it went to a Hibs cunt in his own half.

Could be for going down too early for the shot coming in, but... that is pretty common in scenarios like that.

And yeah, I canna stand the cunt either. Hyper regression.

If anyone was at fault for the goal, it was Mackenzie above any of the other suspects.

By a distance.

McKenzie is very slow getting back and tends to ball watch in the box rather than mark someone. But today was his best performance.

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

Football suicide from our defence once again, in a game where we were clearly the better side. 

Absolutely sick to death of this, it's happening week in, week out. 

Warnock agrees:

It’s two points dropped.

“We had 26 attempts on goal and then gave away two Sunday League goals. We need to keep clean sheets. I’m sure they can’t believe the goals they’ve scored from elementary defensive mistakes, the goals were too soft. Players have to take responsibility. The second goal, Nicky’s just got to get the ball out of play, but instead he leaves it and all of a sudden, it’s a goal.

I thought we played at a much better tempo,put together some good moves,and had plenty of chances,and would have won the game any other day,only two pieces of stupid defending cost us.

Vast improvement under Warnock,and the players showing fight again from being behind early.

We might just win that bloody Cup again.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I thought we played at a much better tempo,put together some good moves,and had plenty of chances,and would have won the game any other day,only two pieces of stupid defending cost us.

Vast improvement under Warnock,and the players showing fight again from being behind early.

We might just win that bloody Cup again.

Bang on. If only the FMB had acted on Robson during the winter break (at the latest!) and allowed Warnock to use his contacts to get a couple players in to give us a bit more options 

• Upvote 1

The whole defence isn’t good enough, Roos is terrible, Devlin has had a decent season but if we are looking to progress we need better, Gart needs to go back as he is ok but there must be a better player out there on the budget we have, Jensen looks slow and lacks the bite in that position, Mackenzie is a solid enough player and has looked ok in the last few games to be fair to him. 

Look at most good teams and they play with a proper centre half but we play with two sweepers, McDonald is ok but the less he plays the better he seems to get in most people’s eyes. 

It will be 4 th season in a row we are looking for a totally new defence which is criminal and not good enough 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Samac92 said:

Bang on. If only the FMB had acted on Robson during the winter break (at the latest!) and allowed Warnock to use his contacts to get a couple players in to give us a bit more options 

That's the concern I will have constantly. Managers do deserve time to implement but that's 3 times now they've acted so slowly when it blatantly wasn't working.

The deluded nature is what sours the piss.

• Upvote 1

What a frustrating few days.

Two home games against the teams either side of us in the league. If we ever had any hope of finishing 4th they were must win.

If we had won them we'd be 7th, 6 points behind Killie in 4th with a game in hand on them and playing them next.

But no were are 5 points behind Dundee in 6th with same amount of games played.

As I said earlier we look like having 2 of Killie, St. Mirren or Dundee representing us in Europe next season. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

That's the concern I will have constantly. Managers do deserve time to implement but that's 3 times now they've acted so slowly when it blatantly wasn't working.

The deluded nature is what sours the piss.

Was obvious watching our games in September and October, conceding the same goals/chances every game, that Robson was not up to it. 

That it took until February to bullet him just shows how incompetent Gunn/Burrows/Cormack are. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Was obvious watching our games in September and October, conceding the same goals/chances every game, that Robson was not up to it. 

That it took until February to bullet him just shows how incompetent Gunn/Burrows/Cormack are. 

Hard to argue.  Loyalty to the local lad whilst in Europe is fair enough.  But have a plan B ffs.

10 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

What a frustrating few days.

Two home games against the teams either side of us in the league. If we ever had any hope of finishing 4th they were must win.

If we had won them we'd be 7th, 6 points behind Killie in 4th with a game in hand on them and playing them next.

But no were are 5 points behind Dundee in 6th with same amount of games played.

As I said earlier we look like having 2 of Killie, St. Mirren or Dundee representing us in Europe next season. 

and looking at killie today especially they seem to have good balance and pace, oh and they have wide players.  It will be a very tough game

3 hours ago, G man said:

Doing away with the reserve team was a massive mistake. Cost cutting at the expense of the team will only result in problems. If they are not playing regularly in the first team players cannot maintain any level of match fitness. I might be wrong but are we and Ross County not the only two teams  in the top division who do not have reserve team competitive fixtures?

The reserve league is only about 10 teams I think I think a lot of teams scrapped there reserves but the zombies , the Tim’s and the Edinburgh huns have b teams which in the low lowland league it seems to be working ,there youngsters are playing competitively and the system they want to implement for when they break  in to the first team  the only players they send on loan are the ones that are above that standard but not quite ready for the first team, maybe we should look in to a b team or try to get every team to start the reserve league again 

18 minutes ago, englishred said:

and looking at killie today especially they seem to have good balance and pace, oh and they have wide players.  It will be a very tough game

Got a bad feeling about this one. Its all set up perfectly for a Derek McInnes win. Really rub our faces in it. 

9 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

The reserve league is only about 10 teams I think I think a lot of teams scrapped there reserves but the zombies , the Tim’s and the Edinburgh huns have b teams which in the low lowland league it seems to be working ,there youngsters are playing competitively and the system they want to implement for when they break  in to the first team  the only players they send on loan are the ones that are above that standard but not quite ready for the first team, maybe we should look in to a b team or try to get every team to start the reserve league again 

B teams aren’t working. Hearts Celtic and rangers aren’t bringing through any youngsters 

Watched our highlights on sportscene. 2 clear pens, which personifies my point about VAR and the officials not knowing what they’re doing. 
the Devlin handball, looked a stonewaller at the time from the Mainer and it was clearly a pen having seen it back. 
Miovski beats Marshall to the ball and gets a right hook. That’s no different from a late tackle when the defender is second to the ball, which would be a foul.

VAR is a waste of time and it should be fucked into the bin. Said it earlier too, but 11 mins added time, or fitever it was is a nonsense. That and waiting at every goal for it to be ratified. If that ratification appears marginal, it takes a fucking age. 
sick of waiting for the game to restart while the ref stands there with his finger in his ear. 

• Upvote 4

How hard can it be to find two central defenders who can defend? I’d rather have that big unit Mugabe at Motherwell than any of the guys we’ve got. Big strong fast aggressive and likes defending. Our defenders are useless. Never going to win games when we gift so many goals away. And don’t get me started on Roos. Another shambolic performance today. He’s fast becoming one of the most annoying players I’ve seen in an Aberdeen shirt.

13 minutes ago, RUL said:

B teams aren’t working. Hearts Celtic and rangers aren’t bringing through any youngsters 

Mcausland , Lovelace ,Williamson ,Allen has played at rangers , vata , Kelly at Celtic ,Lowry on loan at hearts from rangers and a few of there has come one to play for them but the main point of the b team is to get the youngsters A to play competitive football against seasoned players , B play in a system or style that the first team plays so the step up isn’t massive for when they get the call up to the first team they step in to the roles that is asked of them and they know the system and style of play instantly 

8 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

How hard can it be to find two central defenders who can defend? I’d rather have that big unit Mugabe at Motherwell than any of the guys we’ve got. Big strong fast aggressive and likes defending. Our defenders are useless. Never going to win games when we gift so many goals away. And don’t get me started on Roos. Another shambolic performance today. He’s fast becoming one of the most annoying players I’ve seen in an Aberdeen shirt.

Devlin made a mistake today, but I think both him and Mackenzie are competent full backs in a back 4. The centre halves are honking though. I’ve never rated Jensen, who is slow and beaten to easily in the air, time and time again. Gartmamn thinks he’s a footballer, which creates problems and defensively he isnt aggressive, or commanding enough. The goalie has hands like a cat flap.

get Macdonald in there asap. Best centre half and out and out defender we’ve got. 

• Upvote 3
34 minutes ago, RUL said:

There have been a few players who have come through and playing in a league against men with crowds is the best way of learning however you also have to remember its a huge step up from Lowland League to Premier.  I'm all for B teams and them entering the pyramid if it means a bigger leagues at the top end and progression for players.  Those clubs saying they'll take our places ect just don't want competition,  if you look around europe most B teams end up in the 3rd tier at best.   

35 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Watched our highlights on sportscene. 2 clear pens, which personifies my point about VAR and the officials not knowing what they’re doing. 
the Devlin handball, looked a stonewaller at the time from the Mainer and it was clearly a pen having seen it back. 
Miovski beats Marshall to the ball and gets a right hook. That’s no different from a late tackle when the defender is second to the ball, which would be a foul.

VAR is a waste of time and it should be fucked into the bin. Said it earlier too, but 11 mins added time, or fitever it was is a nonsense. That and waiting at every goal for it to be ratified. If that ratification appears marginal, it takes a fucking age. 
sick of waiting for the game to restart while the ref stands there with his finger in his ear. 

I don't think the Devlin one was a hand ball. I believe VAR looked at it at the time and agreed.

The assault on Bojan was ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

I don't think the Devlin one was a hand ball. I believe VAR looked at it at the time and agreed.

The assault on Bojan was ridiculous. 

Watch it back, min. He moves his arm towards the ball and it hits well below the shirt line. 
If we hadn’t got that, you’d been raging.

• Upvote 1