Aberdeen 2 - 2 Hibernian

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm pretty sure a young McAusland caused us all sorts of problems a couple of weeks ago. They actually have a few decent youngsters coming through.

That isn’t really a glowing reference, we are a pile of shite and make most opponents look quality 

9 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm pretty sure a young McAusland caused us all sorts of problems a couple of weeks ago. They actually have a few decent youngsters coming through.

Thought they pulled their B team out of lowland league?

Ideally it world be great if we could buy a pair of CBs who already play together and have a working understanding.

Just Billy Big Balls in to a smaller team from Eastern Europe and bid for the finished article.

MTK has been a great source of players... how's their defence? 

Hibs haven't won in the league since 9 Dec (against Livi) and we're clapping our lot off the field today. Performance was ok** and I'm behind Warnock but this lot need to start showing up. Shambolic defensively and at the moment (other than Mio) they're embarrassing themselves. Who can be arsed.

**At best

Again bad choices by a number of players.

Not Barron's best game.

McKenzie was very good as was Duk (who made a great move before being fouled of course)

Ffs last week I had money on Devlin and McGrath to score anytime🤣

Why do we continue with punting the ball up to their centre halves when we have plenty time on the ball???

Their right back is a fucking actress.

Agree with Warnock where we need a bit of luck . (Clarkson's near miss.)

And to VAR, Cormack & Robson:

fuck off

So having slept on it, yep that fucking defence. Jensen, Gartenmann, Roos can all be blown out a cannon. If Devlin doesn't shake up his defensive ideas he can do - yes he scored but that's not his job. McKenzie was probably our best player.

I thought middle to front we were actually good. Not looked at the stats but we had heaps of shots all over the place so it's really down to our defence being absolute and utter murder.

Feels like with a competent manager and a budget to tear up a few contracts and buy in some actual defenders who can defend we might do better next season. This one is a write off though. We'll need to fluke wins in the cup to get anywhere but think we'll be out in the next round to be honest. 

Gartenmann looked decent when he came in... can't believe the change in him. Jensen has never looked great but at least ok but that's gone too. It has to be the Robson effect and maybe if we're lucky Warnock can get a tune out of them but not looking likely.

So wish we'd just gone to Watford and thrown money at them to get the central defensive gang together back from the tail end of last season. There was no flashiness to them. It was old school pairing of one more mobile front foot and one deeper lying reading the game centre back pairing. It was effective at the main job unlike this pish.

Ah well. Fuck. 

We're not going to get dragged down into a relegation fight. I see enough in the couple of Warnock games to think that but Europe unless as I say we fluke it in the cup is gone.  Maybe given the size of the job in the summer coming up a blessing in disguise...?

Oh and what's the fucking point of VAR? If I'm Hibs I'm fuming at the handball not given for penalty but I'm not, so fuck them. 

But I am fuming that a goalie can absolutely lay out a striker - who gets the ball first - with a fist to the head and have no sanction. If nothing else, why doesn't dangerous play apply?!

7 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Hard to argue.  Loyalty to the local lad whilst in Europe is fair enough.  But have a plan B ffs.

Manager loyalty - some successful clubs change managers every 6-12 months. Wonder if this business review thing that cormack has brought in will have the results made public. We’re a right novelty club just now.

surprisingly decent crowd 

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Don't think Roos was the main problem.

Roos kick was poor, but Gartenmann’s attempts to get to the ball before the Hibs attacker were laughable. 
Pathetically weak. 
It bounced twice & he still got eased off it. 
He’s just not big or strong enough to be a centre half in a back 4 in Scotland.

I really hope we don’t sign this weakling permanently. 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Don't think Roos was the main problem.

I don't think that the team trust him. 

Overall, looking back I don't think we were too bad yesterday. Lots of good movement and passing, and a far more adhesive all-round performance than we ever saw under Robson. 

McKenzie was good, Shinnie was back to something like his best, Duk looks like he's getting his mojo back, and I'll go against the grain here and say that I thought Barron was running the game until he dropped off a bit in the 2nd half. 

We were the better team (not that hard against Hibs) and we would have won the game if it hadn't been for individual brainfarts. 

If Warnock can get the defence to tighten up then we'll be in reasonable shape for the rest of the season. Any place higher than 6th has gone and even 6th is becoming a forlorn hope. I doubt if relegation is a worry so let's look at the cup....maybe ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Poodler said:

Manager loyalty - some successful clubs change managers every 6-12 months. Wonder if this business review thing that cormack has brought in will have the results made public. We’re a right novelty club just now.

surprisingly decent crowd 

Yes it was a very decent crowd yesterday. Rarely are clubs successful who change managers every 6-12 minutes months.  Clubs who change managers as often as we have usually get the same outcome- massive turn over of players, inconsistent performances and underachieving teams.

9 hours ago, Baaaaa heid said:

The reserve league is only about 10 teams I think I think a lot of teams scrapped there reserves but the zombies , the Tim’s and the Edinburgh huns have b teams which in the low lowland league it seems to be working ,there youngsters are playing competitively and the system they want to implement for when they break  in to the first team  the only players they send on loan are the ones that are above that standard but not quite ready for the first team, maybe we should look in to a b team or try to get every team to start the reserve league again 

Only ourselves, St Johnstone and Ross County do not have reserve teams. Suspect we disbanded our reserve team for financial reasons not football ones. Cost cutting measures like this are impacting on the performances of the first team. Players like Doohan, MacDonald, Sokler etc if they are not playing in the first team are getting no competitive football.

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Roos kick was poor, but Gartenmann’s attempts to get to the ball before the Hibs attacker were laughable. 
Pathetically weak. 

Roos totally fluffed the ball at his 18 yard line too which was fkn awful.

Did you see that?

55 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pathetically weak. 

Given Warnock described the defending as Sunday league, I doubt he’ll be recommend signing him permanently. 

That Boyle goal yesterday. What a cluster fuck.

Yes a poor kick out from Roos, but the ball ends up in the Hibs half, so still plenty pitch to recover the situation. But its Gartenmann allowing the ball to bounce twice without winning it and fucking Mackenzie too far advanced and nowhere near his man (Boyle) which really misses me off. Really weak from Gartenmann and Mackenzie is just jogging back, nae even busting a gut to get back.

• Upvote 4
15 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

That Boyle goal yesterday. What a cluster fuck.

Yes a poor kick out from Roos, but the ball ends up in the Hibs half, so still plenty pitch to recover the situation. But its Gartenmann allowing the ball to bounce twice without winning it and fucking Mackenzie too far advanced and nowhere near his man (Boyle) which really misses me off. Really weak from Gartenmann and Mackenzie is just jogging back, nae even busting a gut to get back.

Not sure I agree about MacKenzie. Would have to watch it back. 

Im still blaming Roos. He does that kick about 5 times a game. Totally shit keeper.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure I agree about MacKenzie. Would have to watch it back. 

Im still blaming Roos. He does that kick about 5 times a game. Totally shit keeper.

He does indeed, but we should deal with it from there.Mackenzie is pushing on, so out of position, but Gartenmann is weaker than a kitten when the ball comes back.Said it before, MacDonald or Ruby in that position either risks a card for taking the boy out or wins the ball in the first place-he doesn’t get the ball away to Boyle to score.