433 seems the way forward now with Hoiliett and Duk either side of Miovski. Shinnie, Barron and Polvara in midfield.

I'm saying that, but no idea whether this guy is any good as I don't really follow English football. He's played a lot of games for a lot of decent clubs and plenty international caps. Could be the new Niall McGinn.

Just now, Don_Corleone said:

433 seems the way forward now with Hoiliett and Duk either side of Miovski. Shinnie, Barron and Polvara in midfield.

I'm saying that, but no idea whether this guy is any good as I don't really follow English football. He's played a lot of games for a lot of decent clubs and plenty international caps. Could be the new Niall McGinn.

McGrath has to be in the midfield but few options anyway

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Hopefully not, McGinn was a waste of a jersey post-Korea and I doubt he will be near younger mcginns levels 

5 minutes ago, rockinred said:

Miovski

Hoilett            Duk

McGrath                     Barron

Shinne

MacKenzie      Jensen    Gartenmann    Devlin

Doohan

What could possibly go wrong? 🤣

love a christmas tree me

Junior should be good for a start, whips in a few crosses leading to goals for us, once we're up by 2 or 3 then we can take him off before he tires out too much

37 minutes ago, rockinred said:

Miovski

Hoilett            Duk

McGrath                     Barron

Shinne

MacKenzie      Jensen    Gartenmann    Devlin

Doohan

What could possibly go wrong? 🤣

The two centre backs being crap? MacDonald undoubtedly better than both. When Ruby I fit I'd put him above them too

Hoilett on the right, Duk on the left.

I'd have Clarkson at right midfield feeding Hoilett. Barron is a CM and inconsistent but he's cover, and a last 20 minutes sub, for a tiring Shinnie to add energy. Polvara is two footed so can cover for Clarkson and McGrath. The defence looks more stable with MacDonald in it than with Jensen, so the Finn should just be cover for Angus and Jack.

Miovski

Duk            Hoilett

McGrath                     Clarkson

Shinnie

MacKenzie      MacDonald  Gartenmann    Devlin

Roos

8 minutes ago, Reykjavik 1967 said:

Hoilett on the right, Duk on the left.

I'd have Clarkson at right midfield feeding Hoilett. Barron is a CM and inconsistent but he's cover, and a last 20 minutes sub, for a tiring Shinnie to add energy. Polvara is two footed so can cover for Clarkson and McGrath. The defence looks more stable with MacDonald in it than with Jensen, so the Finn should just be cover for Angus and Jack.

Miovski

Duk            Hoilett

McGrath                     Clarkson

Shinnie

MacKenzie      MacDonald  Gartenmann    Devlin

Roos

Finally, we’ll hopefully get some combinations going down each wing, maybe even an overlap from our full backs, which I don’t think I’ve seen since Shalem and Consi were in post. 
Gives us some better balance anyway, plus more ammunition for Miovski 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Why would you even consider playing Polvara ahead of McGrath and Clarkson?