23 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Phillips has done a couple of decent things, but generally looks rubbish. Just a big lad running about like a bull in a china shop from what I can see. Barron, McGrath, Clarkson, Polvara and Shinnie are all better than him. I would rather have given his minutes to one of our own promising youngsters like Marshall.

Both last Wednesday and Saturday, Phillips has came on and been personally responsible for the team efficiency dropping by about 25%.

He's the classic 'can't do just about anything' type of player. In both games we've taken off Clarkson and instantly lost our way. Phillips isn't a box to box midfielder, he can't beat players, he can't create chances and he can't score goals. We should have brought on someone to give us the impetus to gain momentum to win both games, but instead we brought on a momentum killer. 

I don't know what he does, other than wear his socks weirdly and look like a taller version of Matty Longstaff. I'd rather have had Ryan Duncan on in both games...that shows you how bad this guy is. 

He's just another example of how overrated the Engish Premiership is. There's some real dross floating around on the fringes down there. 

24 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Both last Wednesday and Saturday, Phillips has came on and been personally responsible for the team efficiency dropping by about 25%.

He's the classic 'can't do just about anything' type of player. In both games we've taken off Clarkson and instantly lost our way. Phillips isn't a box to box midfielder, he can't beat players, he can't create chances and he can't score goals. We should have brought on someone to give us the impetus to gain momentum to win both games, but instead we brought on a momentum killer. 

I don't know what he does, other than wear his socks weirdly and look like a taller version of Matty Longstaff. I'd rather have had Ryan Duncan on in both games...that shows you how bad this guy is. 

He's just another example of how overrated the Engish Premiership is. There's some real dross floating around on the fringes down there. 

Yes I couldn't really see what he was brought on to do....

3 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

Phillips's stats are far ahead of Hoilett's stats. A 27% additional efficiency rate with a 0.7 expected positional xp.

I study the data.

Phillips > Junior.

If you're studying the data, you'll notice that you're working with a very limited data set for Junior.

8 minutes ago, Gilwern said:

I thought for the few minutes Hoillet was on the park he looked a decent player. Seems to have the basic technical skills that many lack and the knowledge of what a winger is supposed to do.

It’s amazing we actually have to put a statement like that down on paper! Knowledge of what a winger is supposed to do. Footballers are mostly thick or lazy. Can’t imagine any other job if you did it and didn’t do it the way you are told you still keep it and get paid! Let alone taken on by another employer for same or more money. 

9 minutes ago, Gilwern said:

I thought for the few minutes Hoillet was on the park he looked a decent player. Seems to have the basic technical skills that many lack and the knowledge of what a winger is supposed to do.

I thought he looked off the pace , lacked match sharpness and struggled to do anything worthwhile under any sort of close attention from the opponents.

Understandably. 

4 minutes ago, redone said:

I thought he looked off the pace , lacked match sharpness and struggled to do anything worthwhile under any sort of close attention from the opponents.

Understandably. 

Yes, concerning.

What footballer in this day and age isn't match sharp and ready to go at the business end of the season?

Perhaps a short term loan to the Championship or League 1 might help build match sharpness?