Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

3 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

If McInnes has any sense then he starts the big clogger against us. For some reason he hates us, always scores against us and can already see him absolutely rag dolling Gart and Jensen. Would stand him in front of Roos for every set piece too, bound to score

Calling Van Veen a big clogger is underplaying how good he is. 

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He was constantly derided by people on here not that long ago despite being one of the better strikers in the league.

Anyway, we will win this. If we don’t then who cares

Yeah i remember saying we should go for him. Predictable derision from the mongol squad. 

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Best game at Rugby Park is surely that looping Mixu header over Bobby Geddes

No way torderino. 
It was a barnstormer of a midweek SC QF in feb 2020. 

Killie 3 - Dons 4

One of the ten best games I’ve ever seen. 
Highlights included:

Them scoring an overhead kick, a 25 yard wonder strike, hitting the post with another long range thunderblast and winning with one minute to go in both normal time and extra time. 
Sam Cosgrove smashing a header against the bar and then with ice water in his veins scoring a last minute penalty after some Ferguson wizardry. 
Considine scoring one and, with some dazzling wing play, in the final minute of extra time when everyone was preparing mentally for spot kicks crossed it into the 6 yard box for them to score an own goal. 
Cue bedlam in the away end. 

The Killie tv guys are understandably heartbroken at the end and our hoodoo over them continued. How times have changed. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Killie seem to have found a manager that can organise a defence....

McInnes is doing with Killie, what he did with us...he's taking a group of players, organising them into a system that they're all comfortable with, making sure that individually they're all doing a job, and eaking out 1-0 wins in a series of stubborn performances.

It's hard to see how our disorganised shambles of a defence can stop Killie (or any team) from scoring. Killie will just wear us down, especially on that garbage surface. 

2 or 3-0 I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Calling Van Veen a big clogger is underplaying how good he is. 

Had one very good season in his whole career. He's suited to this league due to his strength and physical nature, hardly the most cultured striker to grace our league though. 

And he's not set the heather alight anywhere else including some real low league stuff. 

11 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Had one very good season in his whole career. He's suited to this league due to his strength and physical nature, hardly the most cultured striker to grace our league though. 

And he's not set the heather alight anywhere else including some real low league stuff. 

I can only go on what i saw when he was at Motherwell and live against us. He always looked dangerous and was a pain in the arse. Aye hes physical but always looked like he could play a bit too. Defenders must hate playing against him. Especially ours. 
He’s a step-up from the likes of Curtis Main anyway.

35 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I can only go on what i saw when he was at Motherwell and live against us. He always looked dangerous and was a pain in the arse. Aye hes physical but always looked like he could play a bit too. Defenders must hate playing against him. Especially ours. 
He’s a step-up from the likes of Curtis Main anyway.

I'm not knocking him, I just meant cause he's so physical I think Roos, Jensen and Gart will really struggle with him.

And I'm with you. When half our support will still championing Ramirez after he spat the dummy, Van Veen was one of the strikers from our league I said I'd rather have in our team than him.

4 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

No way torderino. 

Killie 3 - Dons 4

Highlights included:

Them scoring an overhead kick, a 25 yard wonder strike, hitting the post with another long range thunderblast and winning with one minute to go in both normal time and extra time. 
Sam Cosgrove smashing a header against the bar and then with ice water in his veins scoring a last minute penalty after some Ferguson wizardry. 
Considine scoring one and, with some dazzling wing play, in the final minute of extra time when everyone was preparing mentally for spot kicks crossed it into the 6 yard box for them to score an own goal. 

The Killie tv guys are understandably heartbroken at the end and our hoodoo over them continued. How times have changed. 

That game was so mental that at past full time the BBC had a headline like “Aberdeen head out of cup” but the score had flashed up to 4-3 Aberdeen. Crazy shit. 

3 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

He’s a good player. Physical. Good touch and movement. Very good shot on him. Maybe Scottish game suits him but he’s a pain. 

Entertainment on show, coupled with ‘fun’ and elongated VAR decisions. Kilmarnock to play on the break and edge it 3-2.
Our central defence to get bullied, like usual, by whoever plays up front for Kilmarnock, whose goals will all come from set pieces. 
Miovski with a brace for the Dons and DM to look smug, tanned and arrogant on the sidelines throughout, with justification! 

Not going. Hell of a long journey and we’re pish.

Think Van Veen is a really good addition for Killie. They're going to be solid at the back and he's a guy that although he's a physical lump can create a chance out of not much and as others have said likes a goal against us. 

Hopefully though the improvement we saw against Hibs continues with an actual improvement in the defence as well. If we play at the back like we did against Hibs though then it could be a bad one.

11 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

No way torderino. 

Killie 3 - Dons 4

Highlights included:

Remember this game - was driving home after doing a presentation that evening/night in Dundee and was listening to the game  - the hour and a bit coming back up the road flew by and was smacking the steering wheel in frustration during the game.

12 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

No way torderino. 

Killie 3 - Dons 4

Highlights included:

What a game and night that was. Bus home was beautiful 😍 

1 hour ago, ERNIE said:

We have played Killie twice this season.Lost both games and yet to score against them.They will be favourites to win on Saturday and knock us out of the cup too.We used to have a great record against them.Whats changed?

You’ll be desperate for a Killie win.

26 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

You’ll be desperate for a Killie win.

Not true.I am desperate that we shot ourselves in the foot by sacking Mcinnes and being unable to find someone better although at some points I had been optimistic about all 4 of his successors.

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Not true.I am desperate that we shot ourselves in the foot by sacking Mcinnes and being unable to find someone better although at some points I had been optimistic about all 4 of his successors.

Aye it’ll be impossible to replace McInnes. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Aye it’ll be impossible to replace McInnes. 

Exactly. Especially when you look at the pure quality of other managers that have won cups in Scotland out with the arse cheeks over the past couple of decades. 
All high calibre managers that are impossible to find