Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Devlins fucked either way, either having to try and bail out gartenmans and Jenson inability to defend or keep good defensive lines and the fact we have no winger on the right side at all, so is pretty much devlin providing width and crosses for our strikers. Bound to get knackered/caught out upfield on counter attacks, that to me is on the failings of the team as opposed to devlin.

Fair point. Devlin has been one of our better performers this season I'd say. Usually a solid 7/10, puts in a shift, gets up and down the park fairly well without any real help in front of him on the right side, and has chipped in with some assists and goals. 

MacKenzie to be fair to him has also done ok since coming back into the team - and most of what I've just said about Devlin could apply to him too.

Real issue all season has been central defence and the hopeless goalkeeper.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I guess what I'm trying to say is Easter's just around the corner, and if Warnock were the Easter Bunny what kind of stuff would he have in his Easter Basket, or such?

A new ambitious owner who is willing to throw a vast amount of money at the club on players, management team and stadium.

Just now, minijc said:

He'll have had a good say in them, yeah, sadly due to having an amateur DoF and manager it meant we missed out on quite a few of our top targets.

I think folk blaming Robson for everything are in denial about many of the other more deep rooted issues at the club and this sort of thinking gives the others a free pass. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think folk blaming Robson for everything are in denial about many of the other more deep rooted issues at the club and this sort of thinking gives the others a free pass. 

Biggest issue was the style of play that HE implemented, that's what has really fucked us given that we recruited for that style.

Just now, HaarDon said:

Was he?

I'd say so, looked close to being back to his best, further up the pitch in a position where he can play balls into dangerous areas.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Biggest issue was the style of play that HE implemented, that's what has really fucked us given that we recruited for that style.

I blame weak leadership for that.  You can delegate responsibility but not the accountability. 

Should never have been allowed to recruit solely for one formation. Especially as the whole idea of keeping the recruitment and coaching separate was to avoid this type of scenario.