Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Aberdeen

Not really looking forward to this. The games have been more entertaining recently as there's been plenty goals, but I have no confidence that we'll win this match. McInnes for all his faults knows how to scrape wins and I can see this being a classic McInnes 1-0. Our defence and keeper are that bad it could be 2 or 3. I think Killie will do better defensively than our last couple of opponents, so if we give them a headstart by throwing a cheap goal or two away I don't think we'll score the necessary goals to get anything out of this. Pretty depressing. 

I feel Warnock's got us playing a bit more effectively going forward and there seems to be a better spirit and fight in the team generally, but he's not sorted out the defensive vulnerabilities - and until he does we're going nowhere. He's not got much to work with there to be fair, but trying MacDonald and Milne together certainly couldn't be worse than persevering with Gart and Jensen, and trying Doohan in a meaningful game couldn't be worse than Roos at the moment. Midfield and attack pretty much picks itself at the moment.

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

£500k and a sell on fee surely be enough. 

half a mill is heaps to killie

exact type of player we should be going for 

He signed a new contract just a few months ago did he not?

I doubt they'd take anything less than £1.5m for him now. Sevco will probably make them an offer in the not too distant future as a reasonably safe "gamble" on him continuing to develop into a first team regular there

To be precise - what is next in this sequence - 3-3 / 2-2 / ?-? . Guys on Only Connect would get this. So 1-1 and a smirky grin from Derek at the end and Warnock continues undefeated in his tenure.

Really not good enough though , new manager bounce never happened and we are now thinking this was not our best option. Roll on the summer.

7 minutes ago, BitWait said:

To be precise - what is next in this sequence - 3-3 / 2-2 / ?-? . Guys on Only Connect would get this. So 1-1 and a smirky grin from Derek at the end and Warnock continues undefeated in his tenure.

Really not good enough though , new manager bounce never happened and we are now thinking this was not our best option. Roll on the summer.

Are we? Who was better?

1 hour ago, BitWait said:

He was defeated by the huns.

1 hour ago, BitWait said:

Are we thinking this because he's told the FMB a few home truths that they don't like ?

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Are we thinking this because he's told the FMB a few home truths that they don't like ?

He's somewhat shattered the illusions of the remaining minority that think we've got a talented squad. 

Which leads to a realisation that money has been squandered and it's not just as simple as changing managers and everything will be OK. 

Which is a good thing as there's nothing to be gained by anyone at the club or in the support kidding themselves about the size of the task ahead. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Any reason the central’s defenders get all the stick when our right back cost us the game last week? Not the first time either. 

Probably because devlin has been more good than bad and jensen and gartnemnann (to a slightly lesser extent) have been more bad than good?

Devlins fucked either way, either having to try and bail out gartenmans and Jenson inability to defend or keep good defensive lines and the fact we have no winger on the right side at all, so is pretty much devlin providing width and crosses for our strikers. Bound to get knackered/caught out upfield on counter attacks, that to me is on the failings of the team as opposed to devlin.

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Probably because devlin has been more good than bad and jensen and gartnemnann (to a slightly lesser extent) have been more bad than good?

Not for me, he’s in the exact same boat as them. He get a pass from people because he looks like he gives more of a shit.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

MacDonald and Milne in central defence today? Why not. Both need games, and the other incumbents in central defence have had countless opportunities and not impressed.

Roos

Devlin MacDonald Milne McKenzie 

Shinnie Barron

Duk McGrath Hoillet

Miovski

Wouldn’t have Roos in goal, he’s been shite and needs dropped

The season's teetering on being a write off bar the cup. 

Whatever Warnock learns is meaningless, because he's gone at the end of the season. 

Whatever teamwork the club builds is meaningless, because our best player and a number of others will be gone, either because they're shit and need to get gone or because they're planning to leave anyway.  It's going to be another rebuild. 

Aside from the cup, Europe looks hugely unlikely, and our record in cup competition suggests we're not winning any cup. 

So what we're realistically looking at is a season spinning out towards a series of ups and downs with nothing to show for it, and missing out on a fuckton of Eurobucks. 

It's all gone horribly wrong for the umpteenth time. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is Easter's just around the corner, and if Warnock were the Easter Bunny what kind of stuff would he have in his Easter Basket, or such?

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Whatever Warnock learns is meaningless, because he's gone at the end of the season. 

Whatever teamwork the club builds is meaningless, because our best player and a number of others will be gone, either because they're shit and need to get gone or because they're planning to leave anyway.  It's going to be another rebuild. 

Aside from the cup, Europe looks hugely unlikely, and our record in cup competition suggests we're not winning any cup. 

So what we're realistically looking at is a season spinning out towards a series of ups and downs with nothing to show for it, and missing out on a fuckton of Eurobucks. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is Easter's just around the corner, and if Warnock were the Easter Bunny what kind of stuff would he have in his Easter Basket, or such?

A pork pie. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Magic Mushrooms in his Easter Basket so we're all trippin like fuck.