Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

I was at McDiarmid for our last match against them and it was dire, absolutely dire. Partly because of Levein's set up to stop us playing and partly because we had no penetration to break them down. Having said that we got a soft VAR penalty and a soft decision to rule out a goal by them, so we could have lost not drawn.

If Warnock was critical of our defence last week why on earth did he not change it for today? We are sick of words and need ACTION !

Drop the Scandinavians right now. Put McDonald in charge of our defence. He's a leader and a shouter. Put Milne beside him. Start Polvara at RM and do not take him off. Start Barron but tell him the first time he doesn't clear the first defender with a free kick or corner, he's getting subbed for Shinnie.. Tell Devlin his job is to defend and not be posted missing when under attack.

Doohan

Devlin  Milne McDonald (capt) Mackenzie

Polvara Barron Clarkson

Hoylett Miovski McGrath

Subs: Shinnie (for Barron), McGarry (for Devlin), Duk (for McGrath). Sokler (for Miovski). Unused: Roos, Gartenmann, Jensen, Hayes, Phillips. 

COYR !

Has to ring the defensive changes for this one. The centre back pairing deserve to lose their places, but given the collective lack of confidence, a change for change sake is required. Shake things up and hopefully inject a bit of belief into the team.

Against all evidence to the contrary, i'm staying positive for this one ... 2-0 Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Can’t even pick a team. We don’t have the players for 4-2-3-1 type. 

Maybe the back 5 has to return and see the season out

Doohan 

Devlin     MacDonald     Jensen    MacKenzie

Milne      Barron 

Hoilett            McGrath           Duk 

Miovski 

Milne in the Rama role?? 

• Downvote 1
4 hours ago, AllyDon said:

Out - Had enough for this season. 

Was going to say 0 - 0 but no chance we will keep a clean sheet so 1 - 1.

4 hours ago, CraigHill said:

Out. Not sure I’ll be back to Pittodrie this season. 

Likewise.

Cormack has won for the second time since he took over. I've had my fill of AFC for this year and another year my season ticket will retire early.

• Upvote 1

Is it possible we win a must win game before the end of the season? Got to be wholesale changes for this 1. Macdonald and Milne in at CB. Hoilett and Duk on the wings as it’s the only players we have that can play on wing. I’d also start Phillips as he’s 1 a few players that offers physicality that we are so short on. May not be technically great but has bags of energy. 

It’s starting to grate on me the manager saying we are conceding stupid goals then he starts the same players in defence again and again. I’d possibly swap the GK out too. Contract extensions for Gartermann  and Roos better be off the table now. 

prediction 0-0 

• Upvote 2