Aberdeen 0 - 2 St Johnstone

Surely 6th would always be preferable. Slightly larger prize money....might pay for a player.....plus bigger home gates....would be sevco and Hearts in particular as opposed to 'Well or Livi

EDIT.....but the chances of us doing so are already fairly remote

19 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Question.  If we take relegation playoffs out of the argument - so just assume we beat County home and away if needs be are AFC and the whole review/process/manager thing better served coming 7th and coasting home relatively speaking or 6th and getting pummelled for two more months? 

Which one gives us the better chance come July

How on earth are we going to finish 6th? We concede at least 2 goals every game, and at least one of them is absolutely gifted to the opposition. We're going to finish somewhere between 7th and 10th and the season is going to fizzle out. It already has pretty much. Ross County and Livi are a different level of rotten so we'll be safe as long as we don't lose our games against them and pick up another win at some point. There's absolutely no signs whatsoever that we can string together the results required to catch up and get top 6.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I think if Macdonald is played & Junior we'll win. But if Macdonald reaches a certain amount of games then it triggers another years deal, so the Club I.e cormack won't let that happen to the detriment of our chances of the top 6. Shyster.

That story is hard to believe when he already has a deal to June 2025. Do we really give a feck about 2025/26 at this point?

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'd probably say the word desperate is under estimating the apathy.

I cant be fucked and in absence of a scottish cup final assume i'll be ending 23 year run as season ticket holder.

I'm sure many feeling the same

Same here, bought 3  last year and I can’t attend every match due to long term illness. I’ll buy for two daughters and drop my one. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

How on earth are we going to finish 6th? We concede at least 2 goals every game, and at least one of them is absolutely gifted to the opposition. We're going to finish somewhere between 7th and 10th and the season is going to fizzle out. It already has pretty much. Ross County and Livi are a different level of rotten so we'll be safe as long as we don't lose our games against them and pick up another win at some point. There's absolutely no signs whatsoever that we can string together the results required to catch up and get top 6.

Win Wednesday, with hibs and Dundee losing, and top 6 is back on! Easy!

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone buy a season ticket for next season ?.  That's twice we have punted a manger at the end of a transfer window. This year compounded by appointing an  interim manger. The Club are writing off half the season. Unless Cormack pulls a rabbit out of the hat with a proper manger , given time to build for next season then I for one am done as a season ticket holder.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

We're going to turn things around and start smashing motherfuckers left and right. 

Top 6, Cup win, European fitba!

Full disclosure, I started drinking around 10am.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Missing the point.  If we disregard Europe in the same casual way I’m disregarding potential relegation play offs, is missing 6th that big a deal for us?

I take Tords point on money and crowds but in terms of trying to build a team ready for July does getting humped till May really help?

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Doohan

Devlin MacDonald McKenzie McGarry

Barron

McGarry Phillips Hoillet

Duk         Miovski

This McGarry must be good, he plays left back & right midfield. 🤣

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

They better hope so. History shows once we string a few shite seasons together our attendance is <10,000

It was so obvious they wanted to hold on to Robson until nearer renewals to bank the goodwill from sacking + new guy.

Now theyve brought in Warnock who is worse than Robson its all going straight down the toilet

16 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Nope, that's how I said it seems to be to the detriment of this season's top 6 chances.

I dont believe the story.

The Vinnie story I can believe that perhaps a payment to ADO can be triggered but MacDonald joined on a free 6 minutes ago; I don't believe there can be an onerous contract problem 

5 hours ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

I think if Macdonald is played & Junior we'll win. But if Macdonald reaches a certain amount of games then it triggers another years deal, so the Club I.e cormack won't let that happen to the detriment of our chances of the top 6. Shyster.

Personally i'd rather trigger his extension and use him as a back up next term, at the moment he is as good as we have at the moment.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Missing the point.  If we disregard Europe in the same casual way I’m disregarding potential relegation play offs, is missing 6th that big a deal for us?

I take Tords point on money and crowds but in terms of trying to build a team ready for July does getting humped till May really help?

Finish 6th, win the scottish cup and enter europe instead of Hearts lovely.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, englishred said:

Personally i'd rather trigger his extension and use him as a back up next term, at the moment he is as good as we have at the moment.  

I think it’s safe to say macdonald isn’t playing because of some obscure contract clause.

13 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Memories of the famous Inverness pitch invasion as a late winner sealed another top 6 trophy. 

outside THE KING and Sir Derek I think we’ve actually only finished in the top 6 about twice out of the other ten seasons since the split was introduced. 

very likely about to become 2 out of 11.

We are very bad at appointing remotely competent managers 

And by association, the only 2 good managers, supported which team?

Ironic that, eh?

• Dildo 1
3 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Nah I get what you're saying - I think you want to finish as high up the table as possible - more money from crowds in top 6, more prize money at end of the season etc, and arguably more of a shop window for some of the players we're probably going to sell, so possibly chance to get slightly more money for the likes of Miovski and Duk if they happened to score against better opposition.

So financially yeah I guess it makes a difference. 

In terms of building a team I really don't think it matters. This season is totally ruined, and I think there's going to be a huge turnover of players again in the summer, so don't think it matters in terms of confidence in the existing squad. Yes we'll likely be stuck with some of them but I reckon more than half of the current starting lineup might be gone, plus quite a few squad players. Off the top of my head, Roos, MacDonald, Gartenmann, Phillips, Barron, Hayes, Duk, Miovski, Morris, Richardson, Stewart, Besoujin - I reckon they will all be gone and wouldn't be surprised if some out of Duncan, Milne, Jensen, Doohan, Gueye, Clarkson, were also sold or loaned out next season. Only ones I think will definitely still be around are Devlin, MacKenzie, Rubezic, Shinnie, McGrath, Polvara, Sokler

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

In. Sat in the Heineken bar in Amsterdam airport waiting to board for Aberdeen. 

Will be my first visit to Pittodrie since 25th September 2016 when Maddison scored a fucking belter against the tribute act. 

Don’t fucking ruin this for me, you useless cunts. 

Fuck coming back to watch Aberdeen play st Johnstone.