St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

7 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

He’s penniless now.   After his company went bust and throwing his workers under a bus.  Do you want that back. 

He is not penniless. Walked away with vasts sums of money and then tried to buy the company back at a fraction of the cost. It is the suppliers who lost money and the home owners who lost homes/ deposits who have lost out. Milne should be drummed out of the club, certainly not given a greater role. Never thought much of what he did for the club when he was chairman. As part of the present FMB he has to carry the can for a lot of the disasters that have happened since Cormack took over as Chairman.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, G man said:

He is not penniless. Walked away with vasts sums of money and then tried to buy the company back at a fraction of the cost. It is the suppliers who lost money and the home owners who lost homes/ deposits who have lost out. Milne should be drummed out of the club, certainly not given a greater role. Never thought much of what he did for the club when he was chairman. As part of the present FMB he has to carry the can for a lot of the disasters that have happened since Cormack took over as Chairman.

Until the McInnes appointment, Milne made a single passable appointment (Jimmy C) and that was pretty much down to bringing God back in as DoF. 

2003-2004 must still go down as the nadir of Aberdeen FC in recent memory both on and off the pitch. We finished that season with 34 points and finished 11th. We only need 7 points to exceed that total so perhaps that should be our initial modest target.

what is concerning is St Mirren seem to have slowly been picking up points again after a dodgy spell.  They certainly aren't in the form from before christmas but we are in freefall and i am very worried.  We need to get at least a point ideally 3 but something seems very bad at the club.  

32 minutes ago, G man said:

It's bizarre that a guy who showed no aptitude for running a football club, in fact a guy who nearly bankrupt our club, is given a position of decision-making authority under the new regime. 

What's the philosophy behind that?

"Hey, you're clearly shit at this, how'd you like to do it some more?"

• Upvote 6
Just now, Ke1t said:

It's bizarre that a guy who showed no aptitude for running a football club, in fact a guy who nearly bankrupt our club, is given a position of decision-making authority under the new regime. 

What's the philosophy behind that?

"Hey, you're clearly shit at this, how'd you like to do it some more?"

Correct

He should be nowhere near the Board.

Then again, I don’t think any of them should. 

• Upvote 1

I suppose the main thing Milne brings to the board is experience,especially in appointing managers and eventually he got better at that.You could say one of Cormack s problems is a lack of experience as a football chairman so he has been making mistake after mistake just like Milne did ar the start of his chairmanship. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, G man said:

Milne and Cormack have made bad decisions but what I've heard if it wasn't for Milne our club would have been in administration in the 1990s.

• Dildo 1
9 hours ago, Beechender said:

Milne and Cormack have made bad decisions but what I've heard if it wasn't for Milne our club would have been in administration in the 1990s.

That’s true. But at same time him building the RDS lead to that debt. 

• Confused 1

The result is easier to predict than the starting lineup and formation.

Really no idea what he's going to do with the selection. I reckon he might go with as much experience as possible, so the likes of MacDonald, Devlin, Shinnie, Hayes, Hoillet probably start. Miovski is a dead cert, and I would think Barron and MacKenzie will play. Assuming Roos keeps his place too as he clearly doesn't like the look of Doohan or he'd be in already.

Roos
Devlin MacDonald Jensen MacKenzie
Barron Shinnie
Hoillet McGrath Hayes
Miovski

7 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The result is easier to predict than the starting lineup and formation.

Really no idea what he's going to do with the selection. I reckon he might go with as much experience as possible, so the likes of MacDonald, Devlin, Shinnie, Hayes, Hoillet probably start. Miovski is a dead cert, and I would think Barron and MacKenzie will play. Assuming Roos keeps his place too as he clearly doesn't like the look of Doohan or he'd be in already.

Roos
Devlin MacDonald Jensen MacKenzie
Barron Shinnie
Hoillet McGrath Hayes
Miovski

Duk instead of Hayes.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Kiriakov33 said:

This is Warnock’s Easter Road.  A 3-4 nil drubbing and he will be heading straight  south by 6pm and we will be looking for an interim interim Manager.  

I suspect a loss of any kind today will see Warnock gone. Particularly give that DC is back in the country.

13 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

I suspect a loss of any kind today will see Warnock gone. Particularly give that DC is back in the country.

He needs to have his permanent manager lined up then* or he’ll look an even bigger idiot if he’s now having to sack an interim manager to then replace him with another interim manager. 

* The FMB running about in sheer panic desperately scrambling to try and find anyone willing to take the job permanently in an attempt to save face

A performance of absolute mentality giants. An absolute refusal to do anything but destroy, ravage, annihilate and eviscerate anything remotely weegie. A truly defining moment that sets the global benchmark for 'the day it all clicked'. Cutting edge. Killer instinct. Skill. Togetherness. Oneness. 

0-0

• Thanks 1