St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

All the evidence points to a comfortable St Mirren win.

I also want Warnock away from the club asap

But I cannot bring myself to ever want us to lose (or bet against us, no matter how attractive the odds)

COYR

Hundred quid at 16/1 has to be tempting. 

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

All the evidence points to a comfortable St Mirren win.

I also want Warnock away from the club asap

But I cannot bring myself to ever want us to lose (or bet against us, no matter how attractive the odds)

COYR

Listen, these feckless cunts make our lives miserable most weekends, so I’m more than happy to be compensated for it. 

And if it doesn’t come in, it means we’ve not been beaten.

39 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Pffft. What a thought…

Warnock to go ultra ‘hard to beat’, with some stinking 541 formation

draw. At best. 

Doesn’t matter what formation he plays, we will find ways to make it easy to score against us. Could even go the famous Levein formation and still lose 2 or 3.

We weren’t that far from a win a couple of games back so I’d just go back to that set up and tell the players we’re sticking with that and they need to buck their ideas up.

Formations aren’t going to make much difference now, it’s a battle of confidence.

38 minutes ago, oldskooldon said:

I honestly can't put a thought how we can win a match.

I was always thinking "our team is good on paper"

But individually and collectively they are shite 

The team is not good on paper though, plenty people saying this but reality is it's one of the weakest in years.
The club signing three central defenders in Jensen, Gartbag and Ruby during the summer. Not one of those players has any pace or any real ability is nothing short of a disgrace. All defenders were 5/6 yards off their men last night against fuckin St Johnston at home, creating huge gaps and enticing them to run at us.

Folk are forgetting Ruby conceded some really stupid penalties and has been at fault for a lot of goals too, only because he's injured. He is the best of a bad bunch. Still not good enough for where we want to be. 
Special mention to Roos who couldn't catch Covid.

Team full of complete spineless Fanny's.

First time in my lifetime I have seriously feared relegation.

All on Cormack, who as usual is nowhere to be seen, likewise Burrows who was all over social media when things were going alright. 

Rotten.

• Upvote 2

We’ll see on Saturday if the dressing room has been totally lost or not.

I think its almost there.

I dont think the players appreciated a manager coming in at this stage who knows nothing about the squad, the season so far, the league. But is keen to slate them to not just the local press but the wider UK media, given the higher profile.

Im not sure that group of players needed that. They clearly cant deal with it. 

They are fucking wimps and they should be able to respond positively to their manager calling them out for it publicly, but the modern player/human isnt built that way anymore. 

Hopefully the new manager coming in doesnt have too much of a fallout to clear up with the players he wants to keep.

3-0 

36 minutes ago, Mouzer said:

The team is not good on paper though, plenty people saying this but reality is it's one of the weakest in years.
The club signing three central defenders in Jensen, Gartbag and Ruby during the summer. Not one of those players has any pace or any real ability is nothing short of a disgrace. All defenders were 5/6 yards off their men last night against fuckin St Johnston at home, creating huge gaps and enticing them to run at us.

Folk are forgetting Ruby conceded some really stupid penalties and has been at fault for a lot of goals too, only because he's injured. He is the best of a bad bunch. Still not good enough for where we want to be. 
Special mention to Roos who couldn't catch Covid.

Team full of complete spineless Fanny's.

First time in my lifetime I have seriously feared relegation.

All on Cormack, who as usual is nowhere to be seen, likewise Burrows who was all over social media when things were going alright. 

Rotten.

Still believe we have good individual players, the vast majority of whom would be welcomed at teams outwith the top two or three. The collective's the problem.

We've built a squad for Plan A with no thought toward Plan B, C or D. No width, a midfield comprised of players who are very similar. Add to which there's a lack of physicality, players who can do the dirty work & dig deep when needed.

Data driven recruitment's a problem. We're signing guys with a view to their subsequent sale and while that's given us gems like Miovski and Duk, we're ignoring players closer to home who could knit us into a cohesive unit.

I might be making this up, but i could swear i read comments from Robson last summer about the club ensuring new signings had the right character. And if i'm not making that up, that's clearly not true. Decent character maybe, but strength of character, no.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, JamieMT said:

Still believe we have good individual players, the vast majority of whom would be welcomed at teams outwith the top two or three. The collective's the problem.

We've built a squad for Plan A with no thought toward Plan B, C or D. No width, a midfield comprised of players who are very similar. Add to which there's a lack of physicality, players who can do the dirty work & dig deep when needed.

Data driven recruitment's a problem. We're signing guys with a view to their subsequent sale and while that's given us gems like Miovski and Duk, we're ignoring players closer to home who could knit us into a cohesive unit.

I might be making this up, but i could swear i read comments from Robson last summer about the club ensuring new signings had the right character. And if i'm not making that up, that's clearly not true. Decent character maybe, but strength of character, no.

Well they got that hoorin wrong didn't they.

Why sign 3/4 centre half's with no pace at all? Macdonald is also slow. 
Would love to see the Data on Jensen, Gartenman, Morris, Sokler, Mcgarry, Roos and we can not forget Pape the pap who we spunked 400/500k on, prior to signing them. Some of which are on  3/4 year deals let's not forget!

Fair enough Clarkson and  McGrath are technically good, but if you have the heart of mouse you're nae use in this league. Would maybe put Duk in that category but has been hopeless all season hoping he would produce something like last season which looks to have been an absolute fluke and we are not going to make much on him after this seasons performances. 

Bojan escapes any attack from me because he's on another level and to have as many goals as he does with that dross along side him is testament to him.

10 hours ago, RUL said:

Over 500 tickets unsold. Couldn’t get near one at Christmas. I thought we’d win last night so fuck knows what’ll happen. 

fuck knows why I said Christmas was August. 

That right. That’s a lot. Think you made the point about apathy setting in, in a post last night. 
being at the top and playing well sells tickets, being shite and needing a result normally sells tickets.. people are invested, coz they care. 

if there remains 500 left that’s more evidence of apathy and very worrying. 

• Upvote 1