St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

The current shit show is the result of years of mismanagement from our chairman and his so called ‘football management board’.

Every position required for a successful club has been filled with inexperienced and incompetent persons, from managers (not once but repeatedly) to director of football and recruitment teams.

While you can’t class Warnock as inexperienced, you have to question the wisdom of the appointment given his age and apparent ‘it’ll be a bit of fun’ attitude. And the timing of the appointment, after the transfer window closed?

Every critical decision the chairman has made has been an unmitigated disaster. But he knows best, he doesn’t need experienced, competent people at the club. How’s that working out Dave?

Yes, I’m pissed off with the players and their lack of fight, the succession of useless managers, and our incompetent Director of Football, but I know where the blame for the rot and malaise that has set in at our club lies. 

• Upvote 1

Ok , for the sake of repeating myself.

We’re an absolute cluster fcuk all over the place 

This internal review seems to have no substance matrix to it .Usually when a company has a review like this it’s carried out by a client or regulator to ensure that the Company is complying to the legislative, regulatory & their own management systems, KPIs etc,etc .

exactly what are they using to measure this so called review against?  Data.. ( What pies sold this year compared to last) 

In the cold light of day , No   absolutely  No  Supporter of the club regardless of their feelings towards an inept board and incompetent players should want to see us being relegated.

Relegation would send us back a decade at least! 

There would be precisely no guarantee we would even get out of the championship 1st 2nd or even 3 rd attempt.

The knock on effect in terms of the ability to attract, a “decent” standard of Management team , players would be even worse than current tragic hodgepodge. 

The financial side in regards to major Sponsorship. I’d imagine would have to be reviewed by the individual sponsors themselves. I dare say they’d likely be looking to reduce their contribution if not withdrawing altogether!

the resulting consequences go on and on.

Anyone who thinks relegation hast hurt the likes of Hearts , Hibs or D.Utd.  is delusional  Of course it has. 

We (fans & Players ) need to try and regroup and muster the mental strength to go out and win as many games between now and the season ends as possible to avoid the even a playoff.. 

Relegation. No thanks.. 

10 games went to mow went to a mow meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

Compared with matches against sevco, hearts, Hibs, killie and us, a four point lead and a better goal difference surely to goodness our mob no matter how bad they are can be fairly safe by the split. Surely?……Surely? 

You'd hope so as I can't see County getting too many points against Hibs, Hearts, Sevco or away at Killie as they are utter dog shit. But the problem is we are utter dog shit too and if we can lose meekly at home to a shit St Johnstone team by a couple of goals (a team that up until Wednesday had only scored 4 fucking goals away from home all season) then how can anyone be confident of us getting a result against any team in this league?

We haven't won in 10 league games. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that's up to 15 games without a win come the split. Sadly I just can't envisage us beating any team in this league at the moment including  Livi.

Just now, donswin1983 said:

Did you go today, min? I think im still in some form of fucking shock. 

No I never went today. Fair play to you and the others who did. 

As hard as it is to get behind them when you're there watching the games as they continually give you Wtf moments I think we're all going to have to do our best as they are as fragile a bunch as I've seen. 

15 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’m utterly scunnered at that. Decided to go in the end and huge credit to all those that did. 
I simply can’t believe or comprehend what and how that happened at the end. By fuck, we’re in trouble.

now is the time for us to show our love for the club though. We need to get behind this team, boys and girls. Full houses every week. The time for reflection and hindsight is later.

so down about this..

Agreed, everyone was just standing shaking their heads around me, thought we were fairly comfortable despite giving up the lions share of possession and Roos wasn't really troubled. Not pretty to watch but I wasn't arsed about that, thought we would get a hard fought 3 points so really sickening way for the match to end. 

12 minutes ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Ok , for the sake of repeating myself.

We’re an absolute cluster fcuk all over the place 

This internal review seems to have no substance matrix to it .Usually when a company has a review like this it’s carried out by a client or regulator to ensure that the Company is complying to the legislative, regulatory & their own management systems, KPIs etc,etc .

exactly what are they using to measure this so called review against?  Data.. ( What pies sold this year compared to last) 

In the cold light of day , No   absolutely  No  Supporter of the club regardless of their feelings towards an inept board and incompetent players should want to see us being relegated.

Relegation would send us back a decade at least! 

There would be precisely no guarantee we would even get out of the championship 1st 2nd or even 3 rd attempt.

The knock on effect in terms of the ability to attract, a “decent” standard of Management team , players would be even worse than current tragic hodgepodge. 

The financial side in regards to major Sponsorship. I’d imagine would have to be reviewed by the individual sponsors themselves. I dare say they’d likely be looking to reduce their contribution if not withdrawing altogether!

the resulting consequences go on and on.

Anyone who thinks relegation hast hurt the likes of Hearts , Hibs or D.Utd.  is delusional  Of course it has. 

We (fans & Players ) need to try and regroup and muster the mental strength to go out and win as many games between now and the season ends as possible to avoid the even a playoff.. 

Relegation. No thanks.. 

10 games went to mow went to a mow meltdown.

A decade would be ok, last time we won anything!

24 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Listen all the clubs woes are 100% down to him we've been a laughing stock all season.. the ticket fiasco, the leaked pic of the cup final winning bus. Athing is down to him. The last 3+ years, and this mongo FMB the only club in the world who has such a pathetic thing ran by dinosaurs!

A laughing stock because of some ticket issue and a picture of a bus? What?

The clubs woes are 100% down to the players at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I hate the thought of us being relegated.

Perhaps we've been lucky to escape it before, but it will have a disastrous effect on the club.

It will turn us into another yo-yo club. The invisible barrier of never having been relgated will be gone.

“Relgated” lol

trying far too hard again

• Dildo 2
20 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

It's a fair point, but I don't think we're asking for massive investment or some kind of board-level genius... all we want is a basic level of competence. 

Like, don't hire rookie managers. Don't hire managers with a blank CV. Don't wait until it's too late to rehash the squad before firing managers who are clearly out of their depth. 

Just basic, common sense stuff is all we want. 

Instead it's like any time there are two options, where one option is sensible and one option is clearly retarded, Cormack unwaveringly goes retarded. 

In retrospect I can see how you could suggest that he takes the risky solution. Firstly, he / the board should never have sacked McInnes. But that's squarely on the shoulders of every half wit who was singing Derek Derek GTF. Secondly, he wanted to take a fresh approach and appointed Glass. Good coach. AFC and Atlanta connection. In vogue with other clubs going for young, ambitious managers. I can see how that can be classified as a high risk approach. Glass didn't get the time to get things working right. But there were some promising signs under him. So again the mob bay for blood and the Board reacts. Then they bring in Goodwin . Like many I thought before had this looked like a good choice. Until his first interview. Goodwin was given carte blanche to do what he felt was needed. He was going to sort it out. Goodwin says I make my own decisions, I run training, I will make this successful. He has a clear out and gets rid of some decent players. He brings in some good players and some poor players. And it collapses. So the Board again have to fund the mistake. And they start looking for a new manager. In the meantime, Robson steps in and performs a miracle. The team that was woeful under Goodwin with a couple of adjustments powers to a third place finish. Fans are screaming - give him the job - One Barry Robson there's only one Barry Robson. Now at that point if the Board don't appoint Robson they are going to be attacked - Cormack disna ken fit he's deein. Ye've got a manager that wins an ye ignore him! So Cormack / the Board back Robson. If fact they really back him and invest heavily in a revamped squad to cope with Europe and challenge on the home front. And it stutters and we have some good performances and some problems. They had one transfer window to build a new team. The mob turn again and so they oblige and Robson gets the blame. And instead of rushing in and appointing someone - and no matter who it was there would be elements of the mob screaming blue murder - nay Lennon - never McKay - Jack Ross no way. And being in the middle of the season there is less freedom of choice. So they make a box office signing which boosts morale and crowd numbers - but he tells everybody he's never worked with a defence that was so poor etc etc. If I was on the Board I'd be thinking - ok he's experienced he knows what he's doing. Until the team that had some problems becomes a basket case. Back to your point - Cormack makes high risk decisions. Maybe he is learning as a Chairman too. That being ambitious is one thing but a safe pair of hands is worth thinking about. But isn't that where Warnock came in?

• Confused 1
  • Dildo 2
32 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I’m utterly scunnered at that. Decided to go in the end and huge credit to all those that did. 
I simply can’t believe or comprehend what and how that happened at the end. By fuck, we’re in trouble.

now is the time for us to show our love for the club though. We need to get behind this team, boys and girls. Full houses every week. The time for reflection and hindsight is later.

so down about this..

I do agree that it is times like this when the fans really need to get behind the team. We will be fans long after the present players have moved on. Some may not care but true Aberdeen fans desperately want the season to end well. To me that would be finishing 10th- would take that now.

4 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

In retrospect I can see how you could suggest that he takes the risky solution. Firstly, he / the board should never have sacked McInnes. But that's squarely on the shoulders of every half wit who was singing Derek Derek GTF. Secondly, he wanted to take a fresh approach and appointed Glass. Good coach. AFC and Atlanta connection. In vogue with other clubs going for young, ambitious managers. I can see how that can be classified as a high risk approach. Glass didn't get the time to get things working right. But there were some promising signs under him. So again the mob bay for blood and the Board reacts. Then they bring in Goodwin . Like many I thought before had this looked like a good choice. Until his first interview. Goodwin was given carte blanche to do what he felt was needed. He was going to sort it out. Goodwin says I make my own decisions, I run training, I will make this successful. He has a clear out and gets rid of some decent players. He brings in some good players and some poor players. And it collapses. So the Board again have to fund the mistake. And they start looking for a new manager. In the meantime, Robson steps in and performs a miracle. The team that was woeful under Goodwin with a couple of adjustments powers to a third place finish. Fans are screaming - give him the job - One Barry Robson there's only one Barry Robson. Now at that point if the Board don't appoint Robson they are going to be attacked - Cormack disna ken fit he's deein. Ye've got a manager that wins an ye ignore him! So Cormack / the Board back Robson. If fact they really back him and invest heavily in a revamped squad to cope with Europe and challenge on the home front. And it stutters and we have some good performances and some problems. They had one transfer window to build a new team. The mob turn again and so they oblige and Robson gets the blame. And instead of rushing in and appointing someone - and no matter who it was there would be elements of the mob screaming blue murder - nay Lennon - never McKay - Jack Ross no way. And being in the middle of the season there is less freedom of choice. So they make a box office signing which boosts morale and crowd numbers - but he tells everybody he's never worked with a defence that was so poor etc etc. If I was on the Board I'd be thinking - ok he's experienced he knows what he's doing. Until the team that had some problems becomes a basket case. Back to your point - Cormack makes high risk decisions. Maybe he is learning as a Chairman too. That being ambitious is one thing but a safe pair of hands is worth thinking about. But isn't that where Warnock came in?

Yes Dave.  But you didn't sign any wingers.  Nae width.  Piss poor.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, G man said:

I do agree that it is times like this when the fans really need to get behind the team. We will be fans long after the present players have moved on. Some may not care but true Aberdeen fans desperately want the season to end well. To me that would be finishing 10th- would take that now.

Gonna start working on Covid 20, when I get home. See if we can get this shit show season abandoned by Wednesday. 
I’d spend a weekend in bed with Susan Boyle, if it guaranteed 10th or above, min..

12 minutes ago, G man said:

We do need to get it over to the players, and some fans, that relegation would be an absolute disaster- to have never been relegated to sleep walking into it is an absolute disgrace - we need to get behind the team and make as much noise/publicity as possible to fight relegation - if we go down then we would be same as the rest of the yo yo clubs and I can’t see us bouncing straight back up with these players 

5 minutes ago, sigh said:

We do need to get it over to the players, and some fans, that relegation would be an absolute disaster- to have never been relegated to sleep walking into it is an absolute disgrace - we need to get behind the team and make as much noise/publicity as possible to fight relegation - if we go down then we would be same as the rest of the yo yo clubs and I can’t see us bouncing straight back up with these players 

There was support from the stands for 96 minutes today.  The players just seemed to want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible the whole match.  Any direction would do, not looking for a red shirt.

Letting Saints just have the ball in the middle third of our half was always going to cost us eventually.

33 minutes ago, RedRevolution said:

That was sore to read.

1 minute ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Just watched a wild Luton v Villa (2-3, no pens) clash and it only had 5 mins added on. 10 mins added up on here for a half with no goals in normal time! It's so comical. The love/hate relationship with VAR rages on...

I'm not a fan of VAR but we didnt lose because of the extra time or VAR, we lost because we have no belief or ability

7 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Anyone on here the dickhead that smashed a seat and chucked in our stand, where it nearly hit me and my 9 year old kid at the end?

I don't think most of the folk who post on here actually go to games

• Upvote 2