St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He didn’t change the shape.

We were 3-5-2 when we won 8 in a row.

A few things happened IMO. 

We ran out of the good fortune we were getting in that 8 game run.  

The players lost were replaced by inferior ones. 

Ramadani was inexplicably not replaced. 

Roos reverted to type. 

Duk lost his mojo. 

He did change the style we went to 1 up top and favoured a more counter attacking system this season god knows why instead of pressing the opposition, 

Best performance I seen under Robson was the 3-0 win over Hearts nearly a year ago last March we were outstanding that first half.

Still believe Mccorie has been sorely missed this season. 

Lots of work for the new manager when he comes in as I believe Dave will let who ever comes in this time have free reign over the squad, so id expect alot of losses on players luckily we will get a few million for Miovski so will  cover losses and expenditure.

5 hours ago, Rubin said:

Pass Completion

St Mirren    72 %

Aberdeen   47 %

Be interested to know what the league average is but on the face of it that is an abomination for a group of professional footballers.

8 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Devlin was also a poor replacement for McCrorie

Pollock made McDonald look good, there was lots of mistakes at the back during that run but we got away with it. Pollack and believe it of not Roos pulling off WC saves.

Ramadani did so much work it let Clarkson play and covered up Shinnie being shite.

God knows what came over Robson when he decided to change the style and shape of the side over the summer. 

He went to see athletico madrid and spent time with simeone on the training pitch.

BRs style was modelled on theirs. Surprised that wasn’t obvious to you 🤔😂

9 hours ago, NEM said:

We’ve not been a well ran club since Dick Donald died - 3 absolute fucking clowns since

True.
however, in his defence, Ian Donald did own ‘Oscar’s’ on union street though, which was always a good laugh on a bank holiday Monday.

going back a bit mind

Just watched a video on BBC Sport. An ultra from German Team Darmstadt after a 6-0 defeat at the weekend. Dressing down all the players & coaches. Not a clue what he was saying but giving them it tight. Not sure how to post videos on here but would love to give our shower a peace of my mind.

1 hour ago, Dons21 said:

Just watched a video on BBC Sport. An ultra from German Team Darmstadt after a 6-0 defeat at the weekend. Dressing down all the players & coaches. Not a clue what he was saying but giving them it tight. Not sure how to post videos on here but would love to give our shower a peace of my mind.

8 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Familiar look and gesturing about that boy…

wee loon, moustache, great orator, flamboyant hand gestures. People hanging on his every word…🤔🤔

Seriously though. Watch the video again. It’s like he’s explaining the forthcoming invasion of Poland. The spiky helmet, then the flat hat, replaced  with an outdated reversed baseball cap. 
If that ultra is of Austrian dissent, I wouldn’t be surprised..just saying 

On 3/3/2024 at 2:06 PM, Dandys1983 said:

Devlin was also a poor replacement for McCrorie

Pollock made McDonald look good, there was lots of mistakes at the back during that run but we got away with it. Pollack and believe it of not Roos pulling off WC saves.

Ramadani did so much work it let Clarkson play and covered up Shinnie being shite.

God knows what came over Robson when he decided to change the style and shape of the side over the summer. 

Yep

Devlin is the definition of "flattering to deceive"

Real downgrade on McCrorie

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Yep

Devlin is the definition of "flattering to deceive"

Real downgrade on McCrorie

He tries hard but hes not good enough for afc imo. A very likeable guy who will give everything 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

He tries hard but hes not good enough for afc imo. A very likeable guy who will give everything 

Yep, absolutely

"Solid pro" would be the classic description, but despite a couple of really good performances, he just doesn't have the desired quality to do it for a full season 

Been absolutely full of brain farts

We've had worse full backs than Devlin over the last few years. He puts a good shift in, and he's a surprisingly decent attacking option.

As pointed out somewhere in this/another thread, maybe Devlin and the rest of the defence would cut out the individual errors if we could hold on to the ball for more than 30% of the time or whatever it was. 

23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, absolutely

"Solid pro" would be the classic description, but despite a couple of really good performances, he just doesn't have the desired quality to do it for a full season 

Been absolutely full of brain farts

Personally, i think that’s harsh. I agree that McCrorrie was better, as was Ramsay, but since the hearts game aside, he’s had a good season. Looks devoid of confidence now, but they all do.

miovski and Devlin (until recently) have been out best performers this season.

we all see things differently though 

5 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Personally, i think that’s harsh. I agree that McCrorrie was better, as was Ramsay, but since the hearts game aside, he’s had a good season. Looks devoid of confidence now, but they all do.

miovski and Devlin (until recently) have been out best performers this season.

we all see things differently though 

Yep I can understand your point 

Its just too many individual mistakes, really really costly ones too

He also got away with that ridiculous handball in the box a few weeks back too

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RUL said:

On his very best days he's good enough. On his average days he's never going to be the kind of player that takes us to where we want to be. On his worst days he is costing us goals.

I can see an argument (fairly good argument) for signing tried and tested, solid SPL centre backs who just defend and clear the ball - examples from recent opponents - Liam Gordon, Gogic, Mugabe. These guys are never going to set the world alight but they are solid tried and tested defenders at our level. The problem for Devlin is that in most systems these days a lot is expected of the RB / RWB - they need to be solid defensively and also contribute a lot to the attack as they tend to provide most of the width in the systems we've been playing. He's just not good enough for what is one of the key positions in the team. 

Agree with others though that you can't fault his commitment and effort. Also agree with comments that if we had a more confident goalkeeper behind him, and if we actually had more possession rather than being under attack constantly, I'm sure he wouldn't be making the mistakes he is at the moment.

Devlin is a good back up at SPL level can fill in at RB and CB but as for starting next season we should be looking elsewhere especially if the new man likes a wing back, as looking over Europe 3-5-2 has become more favourable for sides since the the new year. 

Robson the trend setter. 😳