St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

4 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Just watched a wild Luton v Villa (2-3, no pens) clash and it only had 5 mins added on. 10 mins added up on here for a half with no goals in normal time! It's so comical. The love/hate relationship with VAR rages on...

This bugs me every time you post, why did you not bold Luton or Villa? I need to know the reasoning behind your random boldness

• Haha 2

Well that was disappointing. We soiled the bed at the end.

Ah well. Day out at the football. Can't get any better than that.

Emily. That's my wife's name. I love her 97% of the time.

Emily if you are reading this, I've gone to pub and don't intend on returning for a long long time.

I might make a few mistakes later but don't hate the player, hate the game. I hope we grow older together.

Fuck the hunz. 

• Haha 4
24 minutes ago, Russell said:

This bugs me every time you post, why did you not bold Luton or Villa? I need to know the reasoning behind your random boldness

Emphasis of important data. In this case, the Luton v Villa game isn't important, it's just an example of proper additional time, not a staggering 600 seconds added on in a half with no goals, no goal celebrations. I've seen insanely chaotic, high-scoring games in Africa which only had 7 minutes added on. Up here, we've seen so many games with 10, 11, 12, 13 minutes added on for fuck all reasons, or because refs spent forever looking at non-events. I'm not joking, I have never seen VAR used/mis-used as it is in Scotland. 2.5 years since VAR came into Scotland and our officials are still confused, slow, inconsistent.  

It would actually be great if Tier 1 refs worked in Scotland and England. One week he refs Man City v Liverpool, the next he refs Aberdeen v Hibs. The refs in England are 1000 x better than our shite. Refs in MLS are excellent.

14 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

the ref didn't  give the pen , var did

They are all officials, they are ALL trained in handballs, illegal tackles, violent conduct, offside complexities, shirt-pulling. But it's like these Scottish officials all want to look at every little thing, slow the game down, justify their jobs, jobsworth cunts like you get in this country. And it never seems to go against Rangers. Very rarely. 

Just wait for the World Cup qualifiers next year, then we'll see some VAR peak insanity to help the "big" teams get to Turtle Island...

VAR is there to make definitive decisions on offside and advise on 'clear and obvious errors'.

VAR should most certainly not be used to be the final arbiter in whether an offence is maybe, or maybe not, inside the box. 

Taking 5 minutes to decide is not 'clear and obvious', and it's insane that their equaliser was awarded not by the referee, but by a guy sitting watching a TV 30 miles away. 

There seems to be no end to this fucking madness. And we seem to be suffering for it, week after week.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

In retrospect I can see how you could suggest that he takes the risky solution. Firstly, he / the board should never have sacked McInnes. But that's squarely on the shoulders of every half wit who was singing Derek Derek GTF. Secondly, he wanted to take a fresh approach and appointed Glass. Good coach. AFC and Atlanta connection. In vogue with other clubs going for young, ambitious managers. I can see how that can be classified as a high risk approach. Glass didn't get the time to get things working right. But there were some promising signs under him. So again the mob bay for blood and the Board reacts. Then they bring in Goodwin . Like many I thought before had this looked like a good choice. Until his first interview. Goodwin was given carte blanche to do what he felt was needed. He was going to sort it out. Goodwin says I make my own decisions, I run training, I will make this successful. He has a clear out and gets rid of some decent players. He brings in some good players and some poor players. And it collapses. So the Board again have to fund the mistake. And they start looking for a new manager. In the meantime, Robson steps in and performs a miracle. The team that was woeful under Goodwin with a couple of adjustments powers to a third place finish. Fans are screaming - give him the job - One Barry Robson there's only one Barry Robson. Now at that point if the Board don't appoint Robson they are going to be attacked - Cormack disna ken fit he's deein. Ye've got a manager that wins an ye ignore him! So Cormack / the Board back Robson. If fact they really back him and invest heavily in a revamped squad to cope with Europe and challenge on the home front. And it stutters and we have some good performances and some problems. They had one transfer window to build a new team. The mob turn again and so they oblige and Robson gets the blame. And instead of rushing in and appointing someone - and no matter who it was there would be elements of the mob screaming blue murder - nay Lennon - never McKay - Jack Ross no way. And being in the middle of the season there is less freedom of choice. So they make a box office signing which boosts morale and crowd numbers - but he tells everybody he's never worked with a defence that was so poor etc etc. If I was on the Board I'd be thinking - ok he's experienced he knows what he's doing. Until the team that had some problems becomes a basket case. Back to your point - Cormack makes high risk decisions. Maybe he is learning as a Chairman too. That being ambitious is one thing but a safe pair of hands is worth thinking about. But isn't that where Warnock came in?

So you are saying it’s the fans fault we are in this position?

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I’ve been a fan of Devlin since he arrived but that was inexcusable today. The guy is going away from goal, just shepherd him away, don’t flatten him. What a fucking dumbass.

Sums us up. Atrocious decision making that gifts the opposition an easy goal for the umpteenth time this season

Kinda thing it hasn’t helped we’ve no back up right back so he’s been run into he ground, but at the same time today and his mistake against Hibs to make it 2-2 is amateur stuff. The bigger issue is there’s no cunt to come in & replace him. 

2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

VAR is there to make definitive decisions on offside and advise on 'clear and obvious errors'.

VAR should most certainly not be used to be the final arbiter in whether an offence is maybe, or maybe not, inside the box. 

Taking 5 minutes to decide is not 'clear and obvious', and it's insane that their equaliser was awarded not by the referee, but by a guy sitting watching a TV 30 miles away. 

There seems to be no end to this fucking madness. And we seem to be suffering for it, week after week.  

When a goal goes in, the game should recommence within 60 seconds or the whole team gets booked.

VAR decisions should also take no more than three views within 90 seconds. Something like that.

The fact that it can be an open-ended, multi-official council of elders/gremlins, whim of the gods saga is comical.

Games need to flow, now more than ever. Water breaks in summer tournaments will take up loads of time at the Euros, Copa America, Club World Cup next year, World Cup the year after. All of this shit needs sorting out or matches will last over three hours. Who benefits from that? FIFA and corporations.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Well that was disappointing. We soiled the bed at the end.

Ah well. Day out at the football. Can't get any better than that.

Emily. That's my wife's name. I love her 97% of the time.

Emily if you are reading this, I've gone to pub and don't intend on returning for a long long time.

I might make a few mistakes later but don't hate the player, hate the game. I hope we grow older together.

Fuck the hunz. 

How is Emily, she left you yet?

I forgot, she has left him.

• Haha 1

Sorry to say this because I like him as a player but the last two minutes of mayhem is largely down to Nicky Devlin. A rash and unnecessary challenge that led to the penalty and a reckless throw-in that should have been down the line, followed by loose marking at the back post. As far as the bigger picture is concerned we are a team that just cannot win matches at the moment. There is a lack of character among some of our players.

2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Irrelevant, these are not amateur footballers, many of them have international experience and have played at relatively high levels. There’s no excuse for the performances they are putting in.

There is nothing irrelevant about it.

Cormack appointed a recruitment team.

The recruitment team come up with players to sign, these players don't ask to come and sign for Aberdeen.

The players sign for Aberdeen and the manager we have has these players to pick from.

The players recruited bar a couple are well off.

Poor players will continue to make poor mistakes because that is their level. This in turn will have an effect on the better players because of the drop in ability.

4 minutes ago, Brotyred said:

Sorry to say this because I like him as a player but the last two minutes of mayhem is largely down to Nicky Devlin. A rash and unnecessary challenge that led to the penalty and a reckless throw-in that should have been down the line, followed by loose marking at the back post. As far as the bigger picture is concerned we are a team that just cannot win matches at the moment. There is a lack of character among some of our players.

It wasn’t a rash challenge (it wasn’t even a challenge) it was just a coming together, he started off in control of the situation. In every level of football without VAR you’ll get referees looking at that differently, many not even giving anything.

If he was half a yard quicker that’s a free kick to us. The St Mirren boy has been clever, got his leg across Devlin and bought it. Devlin should’ve been quicker getting out, that’s where the criticism needs to be for me.

What I’m fed up with, and I’ve seen it lots and lots this season, is this thing where rather than defend our six yard box or go to the man/ball, we get a defender dropping onto the line. We got it last week with Devlin and today with Angus. It’s pathetic and half-arsed.

• Upvote 2

I’m now at peace with the fact we’re going down. At least we might win some games and even a league. If we weren’t going to take advantage of European group stage money & become a serious team this season then we never will. Maybe Goodwin will fancy another crack at promotion when Dundee Utd punt him for shitting the bed. 

• Confused 1
22 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

3 times in 14 months we have been winning in injury time only to go on and lose the game. 3 different managers so it only seems fair to put that on the players. Most of whom played against darvel too. 

What's the 3? Today, huns and?

22 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

It wasn’t a rash challenge (it wasn’t even a challenge) it was just a coming together, he started off in control of the situation. In every level of football without VAR you’ll get referees looking at that differently, many not even giving anything.

If he was half a yard quicker that’s a free kick to us. The St Mirren boy has been clever, got his leg across Devlin and bought it. Devlin should’ve been quicker getting out, that’s where the criticism needs to be for me.

What I’m fed up with, and I’ve seen it lots and lots this season, is this thing where rather than defend our six yard box or go to the man/ball, we get a defender dropping onto the line. We got it last week with Devlin and today with Angus. It’s pathetic and half-arsed.

I'm sorry I beg to differ. The St Mirren player was going away from goal and not a threat. Just let him go and deal with him if he manages to get hold of the ball. We need to be more streetwise, especially in defence, or results like this will keep on coming.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

We'd been a well run club till then.

Then Milne came out with, and I'm paraphrasing, "I'm committed to putting this club in the red in order to achieve success."

Which seemed like a really bad idea at the time, and was a really, really bad idea in retrospect.

Miovski booked because he can't ignore the laws of physics. No card when we take a punch to the face, though.

Scottish refs are the best.

Ian Donlad was the cunt before Milne. The Dick Donald stand put us into debt and milne took over after us not being able to pay for it. Ian Donald tried to keep up wi fit was the old firm.