St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Brotyred said:

I'm sorry I beg to differ. The St Mirren player was going away from goal and not a threat. Just let him go and deal with him if he manages to get hold of the ball. We need to be more streetwise, especially in defence, or results like this will keep on coming.

It's not being more streetwise, it's cutting out individual errors. 

It's these errors, defensively, that have killled us. If it's notr Devlin it's Roos or it's Gartenmann or it's Jensen or it's (fill in name)....week after week.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adogcalledspot said:

Ok , for the sake of repeating myself.

We’re an absolute cluster fcuk all over the place 

This internal review seems to have no substance matrix to it .Usually when a company has a review like this it’s carried out by a client or regulator to ensure that the Company is complying to the legislative, regulatory & their own management systems, KPIs etc,etc .

exactly what are they using to measure this so called review against?  Data.. ( What pies sold this year compared to last) 

In the cold light of day , No   absolutely  No  Supporter of the club regardless of their feelings towards an inept board and incompetent players should want to see us being relegated.

Relegation would send us back a decade at least! 

There would be precisely no guarantee we would even get out of the championship 1st 2nd or even 3 rd attempt.

The knock on effect in terms of the ability to attract, a “decent” standard of Management team , players would be even worse than current tragic hodgepodge. 

The financial side in regards to major Sponsorship. I’d imagine would have to be reviewed by the individual sponsors themselves. I dare say they’d likely be looking to reduce their contribution if not withdrawing altogether!

the resulting consequences go on and on.

Anyone who thinks relegation hast hurt the likes of Hearts , Hibs or D.Utd.  is delusional  Of course it has. 

We (fans & Players ) need to try and regroup and muster the mental strength to go out and win as many games between now and the season ends as possible to avoid the even a playoff.. 

Relegation. No thanks.. 

Spot on and good post.

Relegation would cripple us.  Getting investment is hard enough for Scottish clubs at the best of time let alone being out of the top league.  Just look at Rangers when they went bust people were hardly queueing to take over what chance do the rest of us have?  going down doesn't mean you can reset and go again going down means its a scrap to get back up and as Hibs and rangers have proved before its far from straightforward.  Financially Cormack is trying but the only way for more investment is to hope someone like the Bournemouth owner now investing in Hibs comes forward.   

27 minutes ago, englishred said:

Spot on and good post.

Relegation would cripple us.  Getting investment is hard enough for Scottish clubs at the best of time let alone being out of the top league.  Just look at Rangers when they went bust people were hardly queueing to take over what chance do the rest of us have?  going down doesn't mean you can reset and go again going down means its a scrap to get back up and as Hibs and rangers have proved before its far from straightforward.  Financially Cormack is trying but the only way for more investment is to hope someone like the Bournemouth owner now investing in Hibs comes forward.   

And another thing, pound to a penny you can bet being relegated would impact the Valuation of Miovski   Big time.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I’m now at peace with the fact we’re going down. At least we might win some games and even a league. If we weren’t going to take advantage of European group stage money & become a serious team this season then we never will. Maybe Goodwin will fancy another crack at promotion when Dundee Utd punt him for shitting the bed. 

We're definitely in a relegation fight, but as poor as we are i don't see us going down. Worst case scenario we scrape just enough points to finish 10th.

7th or 10th, six and half a dozen, as long as we avoid those bottom two places.

Just now, JamieMT said:

We're definitely in a relegation fight, but as poor as we are i don't see us going down. Worst case scenario we scrape just enough points to finish 10th.

Unfortunately we are definitely relegation fodder! This squad is hopeless. A play off at best

• Haha 1
Just now, JamieMT said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek, I think for as shite as we are well beat Ross County at home & don’t think they’ll pick up many points before the split. A snowball in hells chance we pick up points away to Livi too.

Also reserving the right to say I’m fine when we actually do get relegated though.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

3 times in 14 months we have been winning in injury time only to go on and lose the game. 3 different managers so it only seems fair to put that on the players. Most of whom played against darvel too. 

Not to mention the 3 goals we lost in injury time vs the tims.

1 hour ago, Brotyred said:

Sorry to say this because I like him as a player but the last two minutes of mayhem is largely down to Nicky Devlin. A rash and unnecessary challenge that led to the penalty and a reckless throw-in that should have been down the line, followed by loose marking at the back post. As far as the bigger picture is concerned we are a team that just cannot win matches at the moment. There is a lack of character among some of our players.

As a postscript to my point about lack of character (bottle as some might put it), how many teams have lost a match while leading with 95 minutes gone? The fact is we've managed to do this twice in the space of 15 months. The personnel might be different, but the attitude isn't.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I’ve not seen it back but I thought at the time he tried to be a smart cunt and buy a foul. He had time to clear the ball but delayed letting their player in front of him leading to the foul. 

I thought he was running for the ball, slowed down for half a second not realising he was being closed down and they collided. As I watched it, I thought it was a foul for us on Devlin as he was ahead of the st mirren player. 

Have we ever seen a penalty given by var ref without the match ref going to look at it on the screen?

1 minute ago, G31DON said:

I thought he was running for the ball, slowed down for half a second not realising he was being closed down and they collided. As I watched it, I thought it was a foul for us on Devlin as he was ahead of the st mirren player. 

Have we ever seen a penalty given by var ref without the match ref going to look at it on the screen?

It was explained on the radio that the decision was an either/or was it inside or outside the box situation. That a foul had occurred was already accepted.  The VAR guy was making a decision of fact, therefore the match ref isn't consulted

Been reading through all these 'individual errors are costing us, not the manager' posts. It becomes the managers fault when it's the same individuals repeatedly and they keep getting picked - usual suspect Devlin today, usually Roos and Gartenmann with a sprinkling of Jensen and MacKenzie

1 minute ago, Russell said:

Been reading through all these 'individual errors are costing us, not the manager' posts. It becomes the managers fault when it's the same individuals repeatedly and they keep getting picked - usual suspect Devlin today, usually Roos and Gartenmann with a sprinkling of Jensen and MacKenzie

He dropped Devlin midweek, MacKenzie injured today which limits options for what he can do, the defence is a real fucking issue but we are severely limited with what changes we can make.

If we boil it down, it comes down to Gormless Gunner and Clueless Cormack for dithering with Robson, which in turn totally fucked the Jan window.

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, Russell said:

I actually thought we defended well for 93 mins. ‘Well’ is maybe stretching it, but we were more competent than we have been, until……

bit pished now, but still in shock at how that finished. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brotyred said:

Sorry to say this because I like him as a player but the last two minutes of mayhem is largely down to Nicky Devlin. A rash and unnecessary challenge that led to the penalty and a reckless throw-in that should have been down the line, followed by loose marking at the back post. As far as the bigger picture is concerned we are a team that just cannot win matches at the moment. There is a lack of character among some of our players.

There’s also a massive lack of confidence, which will be personified after today. Players were on their knees at the end. Nothing is going right just now. Individual errors, yes, but a massive lack of confidence, which breeds panic is so apparent.

To support a change in that, 2 things will help.

1. The manager completely changes his narrative publicly and presumably privately. Focus on the positive and try and big the players up. None of the draconian shite we’ve been hearing. ‘Won’t win another game’ etc. ‘lucky I’m here’. Change that to, ‘lucky we have the players we do, they are too good not get us out of this’

2. The fans, in sell outs being relentlessly positive and backing the team, especially at home, irrespective of what’s happening. Pittodrie is a nightmare, when us pessimistic northerns are pissed off and at times like this, it has a massive on field impact. We’ve seen it before. Players without character and confidence, which we have in abundance, hide.

massive 10 games, or fitever it is..

1 minute ago, minijc said:

He was probably our main target for defence for the whole of the window, we always tried to get Kerr from Wigan but failed.

Was there a time when it looked likely, mate? Or was Kerr the contingency for falling at pollock? 

then, nae contingency for the contingency and nae centre half.