St Mirren 2 - 1 Aberdeen

3 hours ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I’m now at peace with the fact we’re going down. At least we might win some games and even a league. If we weren’t going to take advantage of European group stage money & become a serious team this season then we never will. Maybe Goodwin will fancy another crack at promotion when Dundee Utd punt him for shitting the bed. 

Are you being serious....what makes you think this shower could compete with the best teams in the Championship?

If we go down then we better get used to being there for a while.

14 minutes ago, The Lighthouse said:

Are you being serious....what makes you think this shower could compete with the best teams in the Championship?

If we go down then we better get used to being there for a while.

Tbf most of them will be binned in summer 

3 hours ago, minijc said:

If we boil it down, it comes down to Gormless Gunner and Clueless Cormack for dithering with Robson, which in turn totally fucked the Jan window.

This.

I was nodding off for most of the second half and last remember seeing 1-0 after 89 minutes. Then woke up this morning...

Wow. We're in trouble. Think I, like many, thought we had a decent squad but just being deployed incorrectly. That clearly isn't the case. Their mentality is fragile and most of them want an easy wage. Not possible in spfl. 

Avoiding the play off is our target now. Forget about the cup

5 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

This.

I was nodding off for most of the second half and last remember seeing 1-0 after 89 minutes. Then woke up this morning...

Wow. We're in trouble. Think I, like many, thought we had a decent squad but just being deployed incorrectly. That clearly isn't the case. Their mentality is fragile and most of them want an easy wage. Not possible in spfl. 

Avoiding the play off is our target now. Forget about the cup

Yep. If I was Warnock I'd go fully experimental in the cup. Try all the players you've not tried to see if they can give you anything. If we get turfed out of the cup because they can't no big deal. Well... not no big deal but of more use to us given the precarious situation we're in in the league. 

8 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Yep. If I was Warnock I'd go fully experimental in the cup. Try all the players you've not tried to see if they can give you anything. If we get turfed out of the cup because they can't no big deal. Well... not no big deal but of more use to us given the precarious situation we're in in the league. 

We have to stay up. End of. Relegation will benefit nobody associated with our club

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

?

What wasn't understandable? The cup is an irrelevance to us now, a distraction. It should be used as a live opportunity with no downside for Warnock to see what the rest of the squad can offer. Go experimental, try out everyone, try out the kids. Anything to see if he has any other tools he can use for the final and actual important run of games of the season.

1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

What wasn't understandable? The cup is an irrelevance to us now, a distraction. It should be used as a live opportunity with no downside for Warnock to see what the rest of the squad can offer. Go experimental, try out everyone, try out the kids. Anything to see if he has any other tools he can use for the final and actual important run of games of the season.

Holy fuck, that’s nonsense. Let’s fluke our way through to semis and see what happens? We can’t just write off a cup quarter final. Fuck Kilmarnock 

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ok,fair enough. That Gogic lad would be superb in an Aberdeen jersey if only for a season. 

On the basis of our last three games, a defence of Gogic as sweeper, Mugabe and Liam Gordon on either side of him, would be 1000 times better than what we've got. Not exactly exciting names, but they can scrap and defend for their teams.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Holy fuck, that’s nonsense. Let’s fluke our way through to semis and see what happens? We can’t just write off a cup quarter final. Fuck Kilmarnock 

Exactly. You never write off a cup quarter final at home especially against a team outwith the Glasgow 2. If we can somehow muster a win it could be the catalyst for getting a couple of results in the league. Winning breeds confidence and next week is a different type of pressure to a league game.

Yesterday was a sickener but it was always going to be a tough game no matter what.  The 5 games we have pre split are all very winnable games. I know there's no chance we win them all but a confidence building cup win could give us some momentum to pick up several points in those 5 games hopefully enough to make us virtually safe from the play off spot. Ross County have a far tougher run of games pre split we have to make that count. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Russell said:

You talking about the team or folk posting on here?

Well we are entitled to our opinion having to watch the demise of AFC  due to the clowns who manage and run the club.  Plus having to pay to watch the cluster fucks week after week is an insult to the thousands who turn up to watch Titanic slowly sinking. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

St Mirren showed more fight, determination and will to win in the few minutes for their winning goal than we did in the whole 90 minutes plus.

I get folk thinking we’re rubbish etc but I thought we actually showed great fight throughout. Duk actually tracking back, shinnie and Phillips were everywhere, we were putting our bodies in front of things. I don’t understand questioning the fight and determination 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RUL said:

I get folk thinking we’re rubbish etc but I thought we actually showed great fight throughout. Duk actually tracking back, shinnie and Phillips were everywhere, we were putting our bodies in front of things. I don’t understand questioning the fight and determination 

Maybe not the fight and determination, but you've got to question the mentally. So may collapses and goals just before half or full time.

I thought Devlin was one of the stronger ones, but Hibs and yesterday suggests he isn't.  We cant have players at the club who have that in them.  

Just now, RUL said:

Just can’t get my head around the last few minutes. Worse than amateur. I’m not sure it was a penalty but regardless, once you go 1-1 that late you step up, have a bit of composure  & see the game out. Why were we lumping it long after kick off? Then the defending, fuck me. 

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

If they keep playing with the fight and determination we will have no issues.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If they keep playing with the fight and determination we will have no issues.

Fight and determination will make no difference as at least one of the mentally week defenders or goalies we have will crumble when the prospect of making it to half time or full time without conceding becomes too much for their brains to handle.