Cormack Thread

Let's be honest... is there even an audit of any sort really going on anyway?

Like the exhaustive proccess we were assurred was underway to find a new manager, and in the end they were all, "Yeah, we've interviewed multiple terrific candidates, and done all our due diligence and research, and after a lengthy and intensive process, weighing the pros and cons of all the potential hires, we've reached the conclusion that by far and away the most qualified applicant for the position is... Stephen Glass.... Cormack's mate. No honest, we checked their CVs in a'hin. I know, right? We were just as surprised as you lot."

I feel like conclusions may have been reached months ago, and any alleged audit is an exercise in blowing smoke up our arses. And at the end, the 'findings' will be... just like when it came to Stephen Glass... whatever Dave says they're going to be.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

There’s not a chance in hell an unredacted report will be issued.

We might get snippets, that’ll be it. 

Won't get anything anytime soon, possibly once all the recommendations have been carried out, but I think they would be silly to release all that now anyway. I'd rather they got everything in place and then went the reason for all this was because of xy and z

19 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Won't get anything anytime soon, possibly once all the recommendations have been carried out, but I think they would be silly to release all that now anyway. I'd rather they got everything in place and then went the reason for all this was because of xy and z

You might be in for a shock and not many (any) recommendations will be carried out.

6 minutes ago, Dons21 said:

Given this new manager is supposedly under contract somewhere & the severity of the position we are in. Wonder if Colgate has put some serious money up for a decent manager?

Fingers crossed

It's the most important position, obviously

Cormack is now most definitely in the last chance saloon IMO. 

He needs to appoint a proven manager who, over the course of the rest of the season and during the close season, ensures we end up comfortably away from the relegation zone, are at the very least competitive in the impending semi-final and, most importantly, start balancing the squad in the summer transfer window. 

As for the current internal review I suspect that Cormack will also have to deal with at least the Gunn/DOF situation. 

If Colgate's actions with regard both matters replicates his decision making of the last 3 years then he most definitely requires to consider his position at the club.

No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

• Upvote 2

I don't get Miller putting the boot into Cormack. Miller was critical of Warnock and now criticises Cormack for getting rid. Let's remember all those managers under Milne and the years of failure they achieved before the sack. One thing about Dave is, he might of got the manager wrong but he is quick to recognise failure. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 2
25 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

I don't get Miller putting the boot into Cormack. Miller was critical of Warnock and now criticises Cormack for getting rid. Let's remember all those managers under Milne and the years of failure they achieved before the sack. One thing about Dave is, he might of got the manager wrong but he is quick to recognise failure. 

You can’t judge success or failure based on the amount of games that Warnock has had.

Don’t talk shite.

Cormack is a clown

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Wow.  Glass Goodwin and Robson should of all been sacked way before they were.  FACT

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

You can’t judge success or failure based on the amount of games that Warnock has had.

Don’t talk shite.

Cormack is a clown

The failure I was alluding to was from previous managers. The main point was Miller slating the app't of Warnock and being vocal about what he saw as warnocks inability to show what he was trying to do differently. Then Miller berates the fact he's left.

10 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Wow.  Glass Goodwin and Robson should of all been sacked way before they were.  FACT

Absolutely. And in retrospective shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

Complete mess 

1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

The failure I was alluding to was from previous managers. The main point was Miller slating the app't of Warnock and being vocal about what he saw as warnocks inability to show what he was trying to do differently. Then Miller berates the fact he's left.

Miller was slightly criticising Warnocks strategy. He wasn’t saying he should be off after a month.

Did you witness how long it took Cormack to pull the trigger on Glass/Goodwin/Robson.

Quick to recognise failure indeed. 

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

Miller was slightly criticising Warnocks strategy. He wasn’t saying he should be off after a month.

Did you witness how long it took Cormack to pull the trigger on Glass/Goodwin/Robson.

Quick to recognise failure indeed. 

And you think a manager doesn't deserve at least 6 months in a job to see if he is the right man. Cormack would have been a bigger laughing stock.

16 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

Absolutely, but we're talking months instead of years under Milne.

Yeah but it's irrelevant if he sacks someone just to replace them with garbage.

Glass and Robson had zero experience, Goodwin very little. We might've got lucky and they worked out, but the chances that they would are far less than if you appointed a manager with c10 years experience and has had a bit of success.

He'd have been as well keeping Glass for the last 2 years. We'd probably still be 10th but we'd have saved a fortune in paying off incompetent managers that were appointed by an incompetent chairman.

2 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Yeah but it's irrelevant if he sacks someone just to replace them with garbage.

Glass and Robson had zero experience, Goodwin very little. We might've got lucky and they worked out, but the chances that they would are far less than if you appointed a manager with c10 years experience and has had a bit of success.

He'd have been as well keeping Glass for the last 2 years. We'd probably still be 10th but we'd have saved a fortune in paying off incompetent managers that were appointed by an incompetent chairman.

And that's why Dave deserves the criticism he gets. Glass was a huge experimental failure. Goodwin was all talk but the talk was cheap. Robson flattered to deceive with that run of results. Out of his depth going forward. Lessons learnt?? We are about to see.

• Upvote 2
58 minutes ago, Johnnyred1 said:

No he isn’t, he waits until it’s too late every time when removing the shite manager he has appointed. Late January early February every season so the new manager cannot rectify the glaringly obvious weaknesses within the squad. 

As @BaaBaaRedSheep says he’s in the last chance saloon, if he fucks up the next appointment I will not set foot in Pittodrie until that cunt is gone. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

So he’s got his wee pal in as dof,wee tea boy who has overseen the failed managerial appointments cormack has made, Gunn role is to oversee that process, bring in a manager worth their salt,  he’s failed every single time making us look tinpot and has us in a real relegation battle, but big Dave is quick to recognise failure?, fucking hell.

On 3/6/2024 at 4:57 PM, ERNIE said:

Mental to have the chairman of a club even mentioning walking away...

All very strange decision making . Season ticket information issued and all of a sudden a permanent manager seems to be appearing. Is this another Cormack disaster about to happen. If the person was available 5 weeks ago why not make the appointment then. If he wasn’t available then what has suddenly changed? To be honest in the present league position we find ourselves in the job is less appealing now than it was five weeks ago?!

• Upvote 1

Cormack has still a little equity in the tank in comparison to Milne but he's certainly getting there in regard to his managerial appointments. Which is why it's laughable to me that Milne and Garner are still on the FMB - what the fuck do they know about anything ? Gunn shouldn't be there and I'm not sure Burrows has been allowed to assert himself given the overly hands on approach (qv interfering) that it is alleged Cormack does in the day to day running of the club. If as I suppose that's all true then it's clear to anyone what and who needs to change.  Whether the dinosaurs and incompetents can be got rid of is yet to be seen. But Burrows and Cormack need to find to find some spine, grab the bull by the horns and get their hands dirty. If you've got rid of the chaff would have considered Warnock in some sort of Craig Brown role as club ambassador with his experience knowing a player or two and being able to go out and sell the club through his appearances and media opportunities. And if he wanted to go back into management elsewhere absolutely no love lost.

They don't even run the club the way their strategy sets out they should. No consistency in approach or formation between managers and youth team. Under Glass we were overloaded with midfielders, under Robson centrebacks - we started a season setting up with a back 3 and no recognised wingbacks. We sold McRorie and Ramandani for a combined £3.5m and replaced neither. We sign strikers for decent money because we expect to sell the ones we have, then don't, and have no budget for the rest of the squad (wages at 75% of turnover). We sack a manager in February every season, the minute the transfer window closes because they don't want to admit they've fucked the budget on shite they've signed based on data alone. 
Ironically, with the exception of Ramadani,  to date, all the money we've actually taken in that's supposed to support the model working has been from Scottish / English players either signed by McInnes or brought through the youth system which Cormack had no part in setting up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
On 3/10/2024 at 9:46 AM, Johnnyred1 said:

Aye seemed that way when he waited until a day or two before the window closed to punt Robson 😂

I've had it with this clown.

One minute we are told that we are in advanced talks with the replacement for Warnock then the next minute we are advised that interviews will start this week. 

I have 0% confidence in the Turkey toothed, puppet master turning things around. 

It is a pity that the fans couldn't gain a majority share holding of the club.

I genuinely believe that we couldn't manage our once proud club any worse.

Absolutely fucking raging at the mess being created.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

I've had it with this clown.

One minute we are told that we are in advanced talks with the replacement for Warnock then the next minute we are advised that interviews will start this week. 

I have 0% confidence in the Turkey toothed, puppet master turning things around. 

It is a pity that the fans couldn't gain a majority share holding of the club.

I genuinely believe that we couldn't manage our once proud club any worse.

Absolutely fucking raging at the mess being created.

hes a habitual liar unfortunately.