Cormack Thread

16 minutes ago, Elderadojnr said:

What a sorry state our club has become. When did we last win a league game? Can't see where our next win comes from either. A truly horrible time to be an afc fan. 

Ross County - January 2nd.

Last night towards the end of the game, my 11 year old son asked if he really had to support Aberdeen, once I stated that I had missed the glory years and endured 30 years of disappointment he accepted his fate, cormack has undone years of relative stability without silverware since he took charge, he is treating the club as a toy from the safety of the states, overseas ownership rarely works out but unfortunately the state we are in and the need for moving to a new home would make it hard for anyone with deep enough pockets to take over, the prick probably wouldn’t sell up anyway

• Upvote 1

Again as much as we can blame Dave about his manager appointments and making Steve Gunn director of football ect, ect , it’s the player on the park that have let us down the ones here last season you can say it was Goodwin , this season Robson brought in a few more again along with the ones left from last season let Robson down you can blame him to a point, Warnock came in didn’t perform for him until he was out the door , again haven’t performed for Leven  , for me it’s on them now they are the ones now we should look at we can only blame Dave for giving the money to bring them if anything it should be Gunn and the recruitment team we are going after sadly the head of recruitment x2 and the analytics team that brought in the players is gone so Gunn gets all the blame on that now 

13 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Again as much as we can blame Dave about his manager appointments and making Steve Gunn director of football ect, ect , it’s the player on the park that have let us down the ones here last season you can say it was Goodwin , this season Robson brought in a few more again along with the ones left from last season let Robson down you can blame him to a point, Warnock came in didn’t perform for him until he was out the door , again haven’t performed for Leven  , for me it’s on them now they are the ones now we should look at we can only blame Dave for giving the money to bring them if anything it should be Gunn and the recruitment team we are going after sadly the head of recruitment x2 and the analytics team that brought in the players is gone so Gunn gets all the blame on that now 

It was only 4 weeks ago at an event that both Cormack and Gunn said that they were astounded at the position we were in as we have good players, so fuck knows what data they look at. We then have the AGM/Q&A in December iirc, where dave thought everyone was mad and the team and Barry would come good and pointing to the games in hand to catch hearts.

We wouldn't be in this position if he had pulled the trigger prior to the January window. A majority of fans, increasing week on week, seen all of this coming (maybe not to relegation extent) around October/November. He tried to save face from getting it wrong again.

He's a fraud and egotistical idiot of the highest order.

Would be worth adding as well, that the manager hasn't had free reign on transfers. Unless Barry Robson was well aware of Jenson, Gartenmann, Rubezic, Tonio Teklic (Attempt), Pape Gueye in their respective leagues/countries. They are just plucking players in the hope they have a good sell on value. Again, Cormack runs things, he's to blame.

• Upvote 2

Even big clubs like Hearts and Hibs have gone on horrendous runs and been relegated. We are on that similar trajectory. However, they didn't have the same managerial turmoil and media scrutiny along side it. Instead of players trying to focus solely on the football side they are getting dragged into this circus as well. They will soon have a 4th manager this season with a 4th different approach to tactics. 

They won't know their arse from their elbow...and worryingly, it's showing. Dave has to accept a huge part of the blame.

2 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

You'd think that given the situation AFC are in, Chairman Dave would be in the country beavering about, interviewing etc.

Oh no. As eluded too, Chairman Dave is in fact on holiday in the Cayman Islands, as he 'needed some sun'

It needs to be out there. Neil Warnock walked away last week down to Chairman Dave and the circus he has created. The club issued a 'cover our arses' statement claiming they are well down the road with a new appointment. Absolute nonsense. 

And now software Dave is off on his holidays. Throwing his puppets under the bus to find him a new manager toy. 

We now have the situation where the common puppet thought is Neil Lennon is the only man to get AFC out the mess, no one else looks like they want it, unless its Derek wages. St Mirren want £50K just for AFC to interview Robinson, with a further £350K should he take it. Michael O'Neil seems to have his phone on silent, whilst the untested, desperate for a chance, Fotheringham is on his knees for an opportunity. Burrows and Garner now sh1tting themselves having to acknowledge Lennon may be the man, after spouting to their corporate mates that 'Lennon is not, or ever has been in contention'. I have seen it and heard it myself in the 50 club recently.

In a crisis like this, we need leaders. We don't have anyone, he's on holiday from his vanity praaaawject.

Lennon? Wow…

Apologises if this has already been posted as I don’t read this very often.

I got told Warnock argued with the Aberdeen board that they need a whole new squad and a total revamp and they felt it was just a bad run and didn't need as much change. Warnock felt he couldn’t work with the board anymore and resigned. 

Final interviews are taking place this week or have taken place I am unsure. They are pretty certain on M.O’Neil before the process has even been completed. This could change I suppose but the Thelin stuff has been leaked to try lower the pressure I am unaware how likely it is.

total shit show.

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Agreed. No professional football players should be as utterly incompetent and half-arsed as those currently playing in our team. There's a base level that each should manage to attain, and management should then work to combine them and improve them. Our players are fucking rank rotten and don't deserve the value of the paper their contracts are printed on, let alone the weekly wages we're giving them. Fucking atrocious excuses for human beings who'd be sacked for gross incompetence in most private sector jobs.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Brad Bellick said:

I got told Warnock argued with the Aberdeen board that they need a whole new squad and a total revamp and they felt it was just a bad run and didn't need as much change. Warnock felt he couldn’t work with the board anymore and resigned. 

Final interviews are taking place this week or have taken place I am unsure. They are pretty certain on M.O’Neil before the process has even been completed. This could change I suppose but the Thelin stuff has been leaked to try lower the pressure I am unaware how likely it is.

total shit show.

we have leaked the story to The Sun?

7 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

we have leaked the story to The Sun?

Yup, I’m sure they have put the feelers out to a few journalists. Same tactic that was used when Ramadani left and they knew he wasn’t getting replaced.  Polvara is this and Polvara is that. Polvara is a better player than Ramadani etc. They are aware the average supporter will eat up any garbage.

If you set-up a shite environment, don’t be surprised if players ‘chuck it’’ or ‘fail to perform’.

So as much as we should be angry at players you also have to look at the environment that they are given. For some players it’s been Goodwin/robson/leven/warnock/leven

Cormack and the board have created this environment. The buck will ultimately always stop with them. 

To anybody of the same vintage as Beach End boy Dave, how did he make his fortune? I mean, I know he got into software development whilst in the USA, but in the late 70s, 80s and 90s, where was he, and what was he doing, and what led him to the USA?

To the best of my knowledge, he's never actually spoken about his "early years". Did he go to Uni, or did he just get his foot in the door somewhere and shmoozed his way up the ladder, and then jumped ship and created his own business?

Just curious, not that it really matters in the bigger scheme of things.... 

22 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

To anybody of the same vintage as Beach End boy Dave, how did he make his fortune? I mean, I know he got into software development whilst in the USA, but in the late 70s, 80s and 90s, where was he, and what was he doing, and what led him to the USA?

To the best of my knowledge, he's never actually spoken about his "early years". Did he go to Uni, or did he just get his foot in the door somewhere and shmoozed his way up the ladder, and then jumped ship and created his own business?

He sold his ass on the street

1 hour ago, Brad Bellick said:

total shit show.

Would love to know the brain work behind admitting they got it dreadfully fucking wrong 1 year ago, they are utterly fucking stupid, get them all gone.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Offshore sparky, got lucky being in the right place at the right time.

Dave's downfall has been thinking that because he has invested heavily in wages for below to average players, you expect them to become even better than they are capable off. Wrong mentalities, lack of pace, poor technical ability, lack of anticipation and poor at passing have been self evident. Your recruitment model apart from 1 or 2 is a shitfest.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

@rocket_scientist knew him back in the day… they played football together in their younger days. While we were all celebrating a multi-millionaire supporter taking over the club, he was pretty cautionary and did suggest there were certain prominent narcissistic traits to his personality, that we should be wary of…

Rocket was a nutter himself, but he certainly wasn’t stupid.   

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Redread said:

If Cormack spends big to get a manager in it wouldn’t be the person required for the job.

I don’t want Michael O’Neil at Aberdeen as he has done nothing as a manager of real significance. 
There is bound to be decent management out there on an upward trajectory who will improve not just our coaching but our player recruitment. 
Cormack has failed to pick a good manager, failed on his appointments of Gunn and Burrows, failed on appointing a decent head of recruitment and his choice of board members is definitely questionable at best. 

Don’t expect him to get the next manager right either. His record suggests otherwise.

About time the Aberdeen support really started to wake up and see the disaster unfolding before their eyes.

Cormack out!!

I don’t want O’Neill either but he won 2 leagues and a cup at Shamrock did he not? Also got them to group stages in Europe (first Irish club to do so)

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

You'd think that given the situation AFC are in, Chairman Dave would be in the country beavering about, interviewing etc.

Oh no. As eluded too, Chairman Dave is in fact on holiday in the Cayman Islands, as he 'needed some sun'

It needs to be out there. Neil Warnock walked away last week down to Chairman Dave and the circus he has created. The club issued a 'cover our arses' statement claiming they are well down the road with a new appointment. Absolute nonsense. 

And now software Dave is off on his holidays. Throwing his puppets under the bus to find him a new manager toy. 

We now have the situation where the common puppet thought is Neil Lennon is the only man to get AFC out the mess, no one else looks like they want it, unless its Derek wages. St Mirren want £50K just for AFC to interview Robinson, with a further £350K should he take it. Michael O'Neil seems to have his phone on silent, whilst the untested, desperate for a chance, Fotheringham is on his knees for an opportunity. Burrows and Garner now sh1tting themselves having to acknowledge Lennon may be the man, after spouting to their corporate mates that 'Lennon is not, or ever has been in contention'. I have seen it and heard it myself in the 50 club recently.

In a crisis like this, we need leaders. We don't have anyone, he's on holiday from his vanity praaaawject.

If this is true it’s a sad inditement of where the club has fallen to.