Cormack Thread

2 hours ago, Brad Bellick said:

Apologises if this has already been posted as I don’t read this very often.

I got told Warnock argued with the Aberdeen board that they need a whole new squad and a total revamp and they felt it was just a bad run and didn't need as much change. Warnock felt he couldn’t work with the board anymore and resigned. 

Final interviews are taking place this week or have taken place I am unsure. They are pretty certain on M.O’Neil before the process has even been completed. This could change I suppose but the Thelin stuff has been leaked to try lower the pressure I am unaware how likely it is.

total shit show.

This ties in with what Simon Jordan alluded to on talksport.   Warnock will eventually tell what really happened and it’s not going to look great on the club or the board..  

Sick of it all now.  Starting to get to the point whereby if it takes relegation for the club to reset and get shot of Cormack/Gunn et al then so be it.  

Cormack allegedly off to the Cayman Islands eh?

And during one of the most serious periods in our proud history.

Most fans spend their cash on the club he is supposed to run, and can only dream of such lavish trips.

He is not one of us, he fucks off at the first sign of trouble and can fuckin' remain in the Cayman Islands as far as I am concerned. 

• Upvote 2
54 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

@rocket_scientist knew him back in the day… they played football together in their younger days. While we were all celebrating a multi-millionaire supporter taking over the club, he was pretty cautionary and did suggest there were certain prominent narcissistic traits to his personality, that we should be wary of…

Rocket was a nutter himself, but he certainly wasn’t stupid.   

Yes, Rocket called it. Again.

41 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

This ties in with what Simon Jordan alluded to on talksport.   Warnock will eventually tell what really happened and it’s not going to look great on the club or the board..  

Sick of it all now.  Starting to get to the point whereby if it takes relegation for the club to reset and get shot of Cormack/Gunn et al then so be it.  

Get that fat fuck duck face pouting Burrows out too.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Lennon is the best bet for this season. He's a horrendous shout for next season.

Thing is these players don't need another interm manager, they need someone that's here for a while and who they have to start turning up for otherwise they are out in the summer.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Sheepskin_1903 said:

It was only 4 weeks ago at an event that both Cormack and Gunn said that they were astounded at the position we were in as we have good players, so fuck knows what data they look at. We then have the AGM/Q&A in December iirc, where dave thought everyone was mad and the team and Barry would come good and pointing to the games in hand to catch hearts.

We wouldn't be in this position if he had pulled the trigger prior to the January window. A majority of fans, increasing week on week, seen all of this coming (maybe not to relegation extent) around October/November. He tried to save face from getting it wrong again.

He's a fraud and egotistical idiot of the highest order.

Would be worth adding as well, that the manager hasn't had free rein on transfers. Unless Barry Robson was well aware of Jenson, Gartenmann, Rubezic, Tonio Teklic (Attempt), Pape Gueye in their respective leagues/countries. They are just plucking players in the hope they have a good sell on value. Again, Cormack runs things, he's to blame.

As we are trying to adopt a system like all most every club in Europe has where the recruitment team source the player that fit the system we want to play but the manager should have final say but sadly as the consultants report says we need help with that because our system is buy cheap sell high and play football that gets fans on there feet sadly that is not a style of play again that’s what the report said we need help in that area as well hopefully Dave takes on board what the report says and implements it 

30 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Most fans spend their cash on the club he is supposed to run, and can only dream of such lavish trips.

He is not one of us, he fucks off at the first sign of trouble and can fuckin' remain in the Cayman Islands as far as I am concerned. 

He's not fucked off to the Caymans, he's still here.  He's released a photo to prove it.

spacer.png

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Again as much as we can blame Dave about his manager appointments and making Steve Gunn director of football ect, ect , it’s the player on the park that have let us down the ones here last season you can say it was Goodwin , this season Robson brought in a few more again along with the ones left from last season let Robson down you can blame him to a point, Warnock came in didn’t perform for him until he was out the door , again haven’t performed for Leven  , for me it’s on them now they are the ones now we should look at we can only blame Dave for giving the money to bring them if anything it should be Gunn and the recruitment team we are going after sadly the head of recruitment x2 and the analytics team that brought in the players is gone so Gunn gets all the blame on that now 

The person responsible for signing the players and checking their characters is Gunn.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Again, I suspect he's bored as fuck with the club now. 

Better things to do with his time than prevent us getting relegated. 

Fucking Cayman Islands?

Lovely. 

I'm sure he's left Gunnar in charge to keep the Relegation Express rocketing unstoppably towards the old rickety bridge. 

On 3/10/2024 at 2:08 PM, Dandyesque said:

They don't even run the club the way their strategy sets out they should. No consistency in approach or formation between managers and youth team. Under Glass we were overloaded with midfielders, under Robson centrebacks - we started a season setting up with a back 3 and no recognised wingbacks. We sold McRorie and Ramandani for a combined £3.5m and replaced neither. We sign strikers for decent money because we expect to sell the ones we have, then don't, and have no budget for the rest of the squad (wages at 75% of turnover). We sack a manager in February every season, the minute the transfer window closes because they don't want to admit they've fucked the budget on shite they've signed based on data alone. 
Ironically, with the exception of Ramadani,  to date, all the money we've actually taken in that's supposed to support the model working has been from Scottish / English players either signed by McInnes or brought through the youth system which Cormack had no part in setting up.

Sums it up well. 

How they can keep a straight face when they say the review highlights many things that are being done well is quite something. 

Apparently we now need a technical director in addition to our director of football, manager, chief executive and chairman. Bit top heavy for a tilt at the championship and urn bru cup if you ask me. 

Turns out Mcinnes was actually saving us a fortune when he was here and we didn’t need all these additional six figure salaries. 
Think what we could have achieved had we just had a technical director. 

If I was Ross county or livvy I’d relish the run in. 

Remember a few short months ago Cormack was getting in a right tizzy about European leagues etc. The guy would change his shoes if his hair was on fire. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Again as much as we can blame Dave about his manager appointments and making Steve Gunn director of football ect, ect , it’s the player on the park that have let us down the ones here last season you can say it was Goodwin , this season Robson brought in a few more again along with the ones left from last season let Robson down you can blame him to a point, Warnock came in didn’t perform for him until he was out the door , again haven’t performed for Leven  , for me it’s on them now they are the ones now we should look at we can only blame Dave for giving the money to bring them if anything it should be Gunn and the recruitment team we are going after sadly the head of recruitment x2 and the analytics team that brought in the players is gone so Gunn gets all the blame on that now 

You see, here's the thing.

In the "old" structure, where the manager looks after the whole football operation, you can blame the manager and the players.

In the "new" structure, and make no mistake, it is/was Cormack's decision to do it this way, you are relying on appointing the right people into the right roles, because they effectively set up a framework for the type of player they want at the club, they have to meet certain criteria etc etc.  In the most basic terms I can possibly set it out; it's like Football Manager, based on Wyscout.  The actual football manager has to pick from these players.

When we were bringing in alot of foreign players, I'm thinking "hmm, if this doesn't work out, who's rolling their sleeves up if this goes to pot". That's not a xenophobic thing, that's an understanding the culture of the club thing.  So who are we looking to? Shinnie, possibly Devlin, and maybe Angus, to be the ones that lead us out of this. Why is that? Because they are the ones that understand the club best. Who else are we going to look to?

If you're selling this club to overseas players as a stepping stone to bigger things, they also have to understand the culture of the club, the city, the region, the fans. If they don't understand that, we can't expect them to roll their sleeves up when the chips are down.

The football structure, the player trading model, the player recruitment, the manager recruitment. All of this is down to the half-arsed execution of the Chairman. He is the first, second and last person to blame for all of this. I genuinely hope for his sake his personal operation last year went well because he's going to need his strength for what's coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
3 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

In the "old" structure, where the manager looks after the whole football operation, you can blame the manager and the players.

In the "new" structure, and make no mistake, it is/was Cormack's decision to do it this way, you are relying on appointing the right people into the right roles, because they effectively set up a framework for the type of player they want at the club, they have to meet certain criteria etc etc.  In the most basic terms I can possibly set it out; it's like Football Manager, based on Wyscout.  The actual football manager has to pick from these players.

When we were bringing in alot of foreign players, I'm thinking "hmm, if this doesn't work out, who's rolling their sleeves up if this goes to pot". That's not a xenophobic thing, that's an understanding the culture of the club thing.  So who are we looking to? Shinnie, possibly Devlin, and maybe Angus, to be the ones that lead us out of this. Why is that? Because they are the ones that understand the club best. Who else are we going to look to?

If you're selling this club to overseas players as a stepping stone to bigger things, they also have to understand the culture of the club, the city, the region, the fans. If they don't understand that, we can't expect them to roll their sleeves up when the chips are down.

The football structure, the player trading model, the player recruitment, the manager recruitment. All of this is down to the half-arsed execution of the Chairman. He is the first, second and last person to blame for all of this. I genuinely hope for his sake his personal operation last year went well because he's going to need his strength for what's coming.

Never mind foreign players. I've lived in Aberdeen on and off for the best part of sixty years. Maybe you could explain to me what the "culture of the cub" is?

All sounds a bit Boy George to me.

Also, trust me when I say, I have a personal experience of what is going on in the club right now. I'm keeping my powder dry on it for a while but I can say that the "bury your head in the sand", dithering, arrogant, "we know best" culture is completely and utterly endemic behind the scenes in the club.

What I can and will say, the stories posted in her about the earlier Chris Wilder situation is to me completely believable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Also, trust me when I say, I have a personal experience of what is going on in the club right now. I'm keeping my powder dry on it for a while but I can say that the "bury your head in the sand", dithering, arrogant, "we know best" culture is completely and utterly endemic behind the scenes in the club.

What I can and will say, the stories posted in her about the earlier Chris Wilder situation is to me completely believable.

Mon. 

35 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Mind he was on the pitch after a 2-2 Draw Vs Hacken.

Fuck was that about. LOL

Cracking session that day. Fully supportive of early evening pints at the fitba under the Swedish sun.

Starting to worry we might not be in Europe next season.

The running of the football bit of the club over the last four years leaves a huge amount to be desired and we’re careering towards the championship.

Thats on Dave Cormack and his leadership, but to suggest he’s making money from player sales is massively wide of the mark.

He’s thrown a great deal of cash in, which has little prospect of generating a return given he’s converted it into shares.

I’m no fan of him at all, going right back to the cringeworthy opening of Cormack Park, and think he’s making a raging James hunt of running the football bit of the club, but I’d defend his financial commitment.

• Upvote 3
12 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Yep. I think the penny is starting to drop with the majority of our support that not everything is the fault of the revolving door of managers we’ve had through the doors.

10 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Yep. I think the penny is starting to drop with the majority of our support that not everything is the fault of the revolving door of managers we’ve had through the doors.

Tbf, I think every fan who's not a total idiot has been pointing at Cormack and, mainly, Gunner for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Redread said:

Does anyone still want Cormack, Burrows, Gunn and Milne involved with our club? 
I certainly don’t….they don’t have it in them to be a success here. 

The others are more recent arrivals but its particularly unbelievable that cretin Milne is still hanging around like a bad smell.  

8 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Yes 5 managers and counting on his watch.Experienced or not experienced,previous success or not none have lasted alongside Cormack.We need an experienced football man in as technical director and the other  3 taking a back seat.