Cormack Thread

3 hours ago, G man said:

I have to say that the abuse Robson got from a very early stage was totally over the top. Sadly it hid the real issues which included -poor recruitment last summer after managing to finish third and gaining guaranteed European football until Christmas, a system of play decided by the FMB, over the top interference from the owner and people who kept saying we had the third best squad in the league. I think the players actually believed they were a better squad than they have ever been. Having had 6 managers in less than 4 years has resulted in the mess the club finds itself in now . How Gunn could have the job he has got and still be in post after the footballing disasters the club has made this season and in previous seasons beggars belief.

The abuse Robson got was nowhere near enough, the useless hun cunt should have been hounded out months before he was eventually bulleted

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, G man said:

I have to say that the abuse Robson got from a very early stage was totally over the top. Sadly it hid the real issues which included -poor recruitment last summer after managing to finish third and gaining guaranteed European football until Christmas, a system of play decided by the FMB, over the top interference from the owner and people who kept saying we had the third best squad in the league. I think the players actually believed they were a better squad than they have ever been. Having had 6 managers in less than 4 years has resulted in the mess the club finds itself in now . How Gunn could have the job he has got and still be in post after the footballing disasters the club has made this season and in previous seasons beggars belief.

He's not going to shag you mate

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

The abuse Robson got was nowhere near enough, the useless hun cunt should have been hounded out months before he was eventually bulleted

Absolutely.

Leaving so late has made this whole situation so much worse. He was never going to get them playing consistently and should have been replaced months ago.

Thats a huge part of the mess the club is in right now.

And some posters on here are still defending him and arguing with others as if they’re the only ones who can see the truth and everyone else, including reality itself is just mistaken.

10 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Exactly min. That's reality.

If you're deemed to be incapable of carrying out and fulfilling the duties of a job, you are consequently sacked.

For once, I'll take you at your word👍

• Thanks 1

Just read Fatty Boyd's online column in the scum about Cormack and our desperate situation. 

Anyone of us could have written a similar article, given the opportunity. 

I really don't like Fatty one bit but at least our opinions have been aired albeit Boyd has done so to gloat big time. 

In all seriousness he is right if we lose to Motherwell we may have gone past the point of no return and relegation in the play off will be an inevitable outcome. 

There is no new manager in advanced talks and Cormack deems sunning himself as the most important reaction at this time.

His time as chairman will ultimately be defined by this moment. 

Regardless of any false praise via the recent external review he simply has to go, in whatever way that can be resolved. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Just read Fatty Boyd's online column in the scum about Cormack and our desperate situation. 

Anyone of us could have written a similar article, given the opportunity. 

I really don't like Fatty one bit but at least our opinions have been aired albeit Boyd has done so to gloat big time. 

In all seriousness he is right if we lose to Motherwell we may have gone past the point of no return and relegation in the play off will be an inevitable outcome. 

There is no new manager in advanced talks and Cormack deems sunning himself as the most important reaction at this time.

His time as chairman will ultimately be defined by this moment. 

Regardless of any false praise via the recent external review he simply has to go, in whatever way that can be resolved. 

To be replaced by?…

As much as he’s making a total mess of the club, I don’t see a queue of millionaires waiting to take his place. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be replaced by?…

As much as he’s making a total mess of the club, I don’t see a queue of millionaires waiting to take his place. 

Aye, that may be true but staying, behaving in the same old / same old way, isn't the solution either. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be replaced by?…

Why does the club need a millionaire as chairman? 

1 minute ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Don't know too much about clubs who facilitate a fan's buy out.

Can anyone advise if that is a serious proposition and, If so, how can we take the first step?

A good place to start is nominating a fan to scream passionately at the team on the pitch 👍 

Desired effect takes hold, bargaining chips will appear as if from fucking nowhere 😎

2 minutes ago, Dad said:

A good place to start is nominating a fan to scream passionately at the team on the pitch 👍 

Desired effect takes hold, bargaining chips will appear as if from fucking nowhere 😎

Seriously faither we need to do something. 

We are sleepwalking into a dark place under Cormack's "stewardship".

37 minutes ago, Dad said:

I nominate Shoofta

After just one verbal tirade from the Hats leading wordsmith they will never dare play bad again.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

I nominate Shoofta

After just one verbal tirade from the Hats leading wordsmith they will never dare play bad again.

Another vote for Shooftah 🤚

Get scribing shooft you wee bastard

43 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

A coup or summat - force the cunts out the fucking building

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

An incredibly hard but not impossible thing to do, i.e. doing something productive to get the board totally ousted. It has to be a complete clearance of board members or nothing at all.

1. Going down the route of a "vote of no confidence" in our club's board of directors is an option via our supporters clubs assocations and shareholders EGM but very unlikely to ascertain the desired result of usurping the board.

2. A formal bona fide petition signed by thousands upon thousands of supporters and presented in person to the board or directly to Dave Cormack is a better option that the first option as a petition accompanied with thousands of signatures has far more clout that an outcome of EGM.

The shareholders evidently are not listened to, with their concerns then being acted upon by the board, at the club's annual AGMs, therefore this renders an EGM, although it would make the board take note of supporters and shareholders alike of the overwhelming angst and acrimony within our fan base, futile.

3. A blanket boycott of home matches is another option but obviously won't help our players in their current predicament and is usually a long drawn-out method (supporters v. the board). The board will take note of this approach as it will hurt them financially but if it is a success, we could already be in the Championship by that time rendering it a lost cause.

If only he had spent half on the training complex and the other half on the squad, we might have been able to have a better overall experience. I mean, even a wooden hut for changing rooms would have been better than what we had before. To think a multi million state of the art complex would improve performance and attract players has turned out to be naive. Instead, it has increased operational costs at no gain. I said at the time, Hibs still got relegated after splurging cash on their complex. If only the money could have gone to building a strong squad. Instead. Nice complex, shit squad.

1 minute ago, Johnnyred1 said:

If only he had spent half on the training complex and the other half on the squad, we might have been able to have a better overall experience. I mean, even a wooden hut for changing rooms would have been better than what we had before. To think a multi million state of the art complex would improve performance and attract players has turned out to be naive. Instead, it has increased operational costs at no gain. I said at the time, Hibs still got relegated after splurging cash on their complex. If only the money could have gone to building a strong squad. Instead. Nice complex, shit squad.

He never paid for the training complex.  This is a myth. 

He and his investment partners invested the money required to COMPLETE the training complex. 

Which was a couple of million out of a total cost of about £15m. 

Converted into shares of course. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He and his investment partners invested the money required to COMPLETE the training complex. 

It was when he put his name to it you just knew, or at least had that feeling that it was going to be all about him. Sure enough, he's all anyone is talking about.

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, ahead on alphabet said:

It was when he put his name to it you just knew, or at least had that feeling that it was going to be all about him. Sure enough, he's all anyone is talking about.

Aye. 

Hope he's having a good holiday after managing to fall out with our interim manager while he was over here and then leaving our ill equipped coaching team to try and save the club from falling into the relegation zone. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah min, you're havering. In 19/20 alone Cormack/Crotty/Lee etc put in almost £10 Million by way of buying new shares and putting in loans (which were later converted to shares). I can't be bothered checking the other years but they plus Atlanta paid for pretty much the whole training facility - where else do you think the money came from?

Don't get me wrong Cormack has got pretty much every footballing decision wrong in his time here and quite rightly is getting hounded for that but he did put up his own cash and persuaded others to do the same for the training ground (although he even fucked that up by not naming it after SAF or Teddy Scott) . It's just been a real disaster that he didn't just put in the cash and let others who actually know about football get on with running the club on a day to day basis.

7 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

Nah min, you're havering. In 19/20 alone Cormack/Crotty/Lee etc put in almost £10 Million by way of buying new shares and putting in loans (which were later converted to shares). I can't be bothered checking the other years but they plus Atlanta paid for pretty much the whole training facility - where else do you think the money came from?

Don't get me wrong Cormack has got pretty much every footballing decision wrong in his time here and quite rightly is getting hounded for that but he did put up his own cash and persuaded others to do the same for the training ground (although he even fucked that up by not naming it after SAF or Teddy Scott) . It's just been a real disaster that he didn't just put in the cash and let others who actually know about football get on with running the club on a day to day basis.

Dave never paid for the training ground though. 

He made a small personal investment which was converted to shares and raised a few million through his American investors, the main one being Tom Crotty who stumped up around £1m which was converted to shares.   

Kudos to him for his fund raising but lets not perpetuate the myth that he paid for the stadium out of his own pocket as some sort of donation to the club. 

Later investment was made by the consortium after the club changed its company status to allow additional shares to be made available and for loans to be converted into shares.  

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Dave never paid for the training ground though. 

He made a small personal investment which was converted to shares and raised a few million through his American investors, the main one being Tom Crotty who stumped up around £1m which was converted to shares.   

Kudos to him for his fund raising but lets not perpetuate the myth that he paid for the stadium out of his own pocket as some sort of donation to the club. 

Later investment was made by the consortium after the club changed its company status to allow additional shares to be made available and for loans to be converted into shares.  

Of course gets to name it as well leaving a legacy once dead, immortalises his name, a vanity project if you will, he was always going to do that. If he could he would have named the stadium after himself, the type of cunt to add in a cormack burger to the canteen menu so he can see his name kicking about the place wherever he goes. He couldn’t have gave 2 fucks if the training ground actually helped the squad achieve better. WELCOME TO CORMACK PARK, that’s all he wanted

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Of course gets to name it as well leaving a legacy once dead, immortalises his name, a vanity project if you will, he was always going to do that. If he could he would have named the stadium after himself, the type of cunt to add in a cormack burger to the canteen menu so he can see his name kicking about the place wherever he goes. He couldn’t have gave 2 fucks if the training ground actually helped the squad achieve better. WELCOME TO CORMACK PARK, that’s all he wanted

That's just the start. 

There's no doubt in my mind that Cormack envisions a new Cormack Stadium with a statue of himself outside alongside the one of Fergie. 

• Upvote 1