Cormack Thread

With Software Dave now back sporting his tan with his white linen shirt opened to the third button, fully expect him to surface over the next 48 hours……… the pets have been busy carrying out orders in his absence…… however the big question remains…….. will any of the pets be brave enough to confess what the big problem is…….. why have 5/6 potential managers turned down the opportunity to go to phase 2 of the praaaawcess…….im sure option 7 is considering the gamble of working with Cowboy Cormack 

1 minute ago, mainstandmoan said:

With Software Dave now back sporting his tan with his white linen shirt opened to the third button, fully expect him to surface over the next 48 hours……… the pets have been busy carrying out orders in his absence…… however the big question remains…….. will any of the pets be brave enough to confess what the big problem is…….. why have 5/6 potential managers turned down the opportunity to go to phase 2 of the praaaawcess…….im sure option 7 is considering the gamble of working with Cowboy Cormack 

What 5/6 managers have turned us down? 
I only know of one ‘the Swede’ that has possibly actually ‘turned us down’ any others are just media speculation were potential candidates in first place.

unless you can name these 5/6 that have actually turned us down? 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I only know of one ‘the Swede’ that has possibly actually ‘turned us down’ any others are just media speculation were potential candidates in first place.

Join the dots. Read the room. Sense the mood music

It’s obvious candidates are binning us off left, right and centre.

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He can't

He knows the same as everyone else, fuck all.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

Edging ever closer to Leven until the end of the season. 

I’d love Dave to tell us what he meant when he said the search for a new manager was at an advanced stage. 

I think he meant "shit, old Colin has fucked us, I'll give a statement saying - it's fine everything is under control" 

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

I’d love Dave to tell us what he meant when he said the search for a new manager was at an advanced stage. 

I suppose we could have been talking to someone at that point, got gubbed by Dundee and the candidate says no thanks.   That or his definition of advanced stage is having a list of names. 

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Wouldn’t be the worst thing but if they end up doing that they’ll have made an even bigger cunt of themselves than they have previously. All the advanced stages chat to end up with the interim til the end of the season can only mean that all of their top targets have fucked us off.

On 3/18/2024 at 1:13 AM, beef_sister said:

Thing with this is, As soon as he leaves the club and someone else takes it over, They can name the training ground whatever they like. Hopefully the day after he fuck's off it's changed to a more appropriate name

Beef Sister Park does it for me.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I suppose we could have been talking to someone at that point, got gubbed by Dundee and the candidate says no thanks.   That or his definition of advanced stage is having a list of names. 

If you cast your mind back to the afternoon of the Killie game and what followed, we all expected a new manager in for the Killie game, and yet here we are….. 

I’d love transparent Dave to sit in front of a podcaster for an hour or so and allow himself to be dissected on the goings on these last 12 months or so.

He’s now getting as secretive as Milney and that’s never good.

29 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If you cast your mind back to the afternoon of the Killie game and what followed, we all expected a new manager in for the Killie game, and yet here we are….. 

I’d love transparent Dave to sit in front of a podcaster for an hour or so and allow himself to be dissected on the goings on these last 12 months or so.

He’s now getting as secretive as Milney and that’s never good.

Whilst hooked up to a lie detector, CSI Atlanta style. 

On 3/15/2024 at 5:09 PM, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Exactly min. That's reality.

If you're deemed to be incapable of carrying out and fulfilling the duties of a job, you are consequently sacked.

If you were shit at DIY, noone's coming along to take the house you own off you though, are they?

2 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

If you were shit at DIY, noone's coming along to take the house you own off you though, are they?

No but they may take it off you if you had got professional tradespeople in to do any repair, maintenance, decorative, refurbishment, or structural works that you required and arranged to have carried out, prior to placing your house on the market for sale.

If you are shite or not confident at carrying out DIY, you get a professional tradesperson in. 

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Won't happen, all he'd do is to maybe do a "Q+A" with the fans but the questions would've been pre-screened and given him ample time to prepare answers (bullshit) for

The longer the recruitment of a new manager farce continues the more liklihood there is that Cormack's stint as chairman will end.

If the supposed external review process doesn't bare fruit, and soon, then Mr C will have nowhere else to hide. 

I hope that his time in the Cayman Islands has provided much food for thought. 

We simply cannot continue as a laughing stock for too much longer.

And if we lose to County on Saturday then Dave "we are in advanced talks with a new manager " Cormack had better start packing his bags.

As many say elsewhere: Shambles!!!

I think it’s clearly evident by now what this clown is doing to our club.

His AFC toy thing has become the complete shambles predicted by many.

its now evident that the manager search ‘at an advanced stage’ was just the latest PR panic lie. That’s what happens when puppets are told what to do and say. The last 3 weeks have seen constant spins, changes in direction and now general panic. 

He is clueless on the football world. He won’t listen, he’s never wrong and more concerning, everyone in the football world now speaks of him as an interfering, arrogant idiot, and the job is not to be touched. 

The alarm bells are ringing, this guy is ruining our club, and it’s getting worse day by day 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
32 minutes ago, mainstandmoan said:

I think it’s clearly evident by now what this clown is doing to our club.

His AFC toy thing has become the complete shambles predicted by many.

its now evident that the manager search ‘at an advanced stage’ was just the latest PR panic lie. That’s what happens when puppets are told what to do and say. The last 3 weeks have seen constant spins, changes in direction and now general panic. 

He is clueless on the football world. He won’t listen, he’s never wrong and more concerning, everyone in the football world now speaks of him as an interfering, arrogant idiot, and the job is not to be touched. 

The alarm bells are ringing, this guy is ruining our club, and it’s getting worse day by day 

It’s a big worry. This is why someone like lennon isn’t a complete disaster in my head as he won’t let Cormack interfere. Need a strong character to take the reigns. 

Until Cormack is gone we are on a downward spiral. 

Donating cash via ST or DNA is basically futile whilst the egotistical maniac is at the helm.

As for a new manager it will take literally weeks and weeks to find someone foolish enough to work with such a well kent, and constantly interfering, know it all.

Cormack out before this shambles gets any worse than it is already. 

I was originally very enthusiastic about Cormack coming back into the fold at AFC, obviously a very succesful businessman, very good international contacts and an Aberdeen fan, sounds ideal, and he has obviously invested money into the club, due to the above I could even accept the strange decision to name the training ground after himself (there are far better legacies he could leave the club) But I am now starting to really despise what he is doing to the club I have loved and felt passionate about for coming on 50 years, I have supported the club financially in any way I could over the years and paid for DNA, Red TV and season tickets even though i lived overseas as I felt it was important to try and support the club without actually being there in person, I have travelled all over Europe from the other side of the world to support AFC and have been to Hampden normally on the wrong end of a result more times than I can remeber.

I find it absolutely staggering that his off field management team is made up like it is? In all my time in Business the key is to surround yourself with a strong team and let them manage what you employed them for, I have also seen many instances also of getting an appointment wrong in a key positions but I have never seen it done three times on the bounce.

For all of my rant above I have cancelled all my subscriptions/tickets etc and will not attend another game util this absolute shit show is sorted out, not that I think it will make the slightest bit of difference but I simply cant continue to contribute with such mis management engrained in the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 8
26 minutes ago, RedForever said:

I was originally very enthusiastic about Cormack coming back into the fold at AFC, obviously a very succesful businessman, very good international contacts and an Aberdeen fan, sounds ideal, and he has obviously invested money into the club, due to the above I could even accept the strange decision to name the training ground after himself (there are far better legacies he could leave the club) But I am now starting to really despise what he is doing to the club I have loved and felt passionate about for coming on 50 years, I have supported the club financially in any way I could over the years and paid for DNA, Red TV and season tickets even though i lived overseas as I felt it was important to try and support the club without actually being there in person, I have travelled all over Europe from the other side of the world to support AFC and have been to Hampden normally on the wrong end of a result more times than I can remeber.

I find it absolutely staggering that his off field management team is made up like it is? In all my time in Business the key is to surround yourself with a strong team and let them manage what you employed them for, I have also seen many instances also of getting an appointment wrong in a key positions but I have never seen it done three times on the bounce.

For all of my rant above I have cancelled all my subscriptions/tickets etc and will not attend another game util this absolute shit show is sorted out, not that I think it will make the slightest bit of difference but I simply cant continue to contribute with such mis management engrained in the club.

Completely in the same boat in so many ways and completely agree.

We can only hope that his time reportedly sunning himself in the Cayman Islands was time spent pondering his attitude, future etc otherwise the downward spiral will continue and the season ticket sales etc will slide as a consequence. 

If this is all true (definitely seems that way), how far does this go? What will it take until someone currently or previously involved in the club, that genuinely cares, speak out about him? 

Its all fine and well talking protests etc, but we can't exactly go into something like that half cocked with with some ambiguous online chatter and no substantial information( not trying to suggest what MSM has said is lies or made up, but its easily deniable) 

46 minutes ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Why on earth aren’t we rioting on Saturday after the match? We used to be great fans. Used to be nearly a protest every season in the late 90’s. Changed days now, shame. Why?

I’ve got dinner plans.

2 hours ago, RedForever said:

I think the important word there is legacy.  Dave's ego isn't content with owning the club, he wants to be spoken about in the same breath as the likes of Dick Donald, Fergie, and Willie Miller.  He wants to be a club legend.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RedForever said:

Likewise my season ticket is not getting renewed until I see what calibre of manager is appointed and also further to that I will be holding off until I see a few signings.

I get very little enjoyment out of going to Pittodrie nowadays, especially in the winter. A shit manager and mediocre half arsed signings will be the final nail in the coffin. I probably will keep the dreadful RedTV as a means of watching some Dons games but the season ticket can be binned and I wouldn't miss it.

We are an absolute mess right now. An embarrassment under the current regime.

• Upvote 1