Cormack Thread

45 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Likewise my season ticket is not getting renewed until I see what calibre of manager is appointed and also further to that I will be holding off until I see a few signings.

I get very little enjoyment out of going to Pittodrie nowadays, especially in the winter. A shit manager and mediocre half arsed signings will be the final nail in the coffin. I probably will keep the dreadful RedTV as a means of watching some Dons games but the season ticket can be binned and I wouldn't miss it.

We are an absolute mess right now. An embarrassment under the current regime.

You’d also better hold off to see what calibre of new players he gets in that will give all for the badge, every game. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And not just when it tickles their fancy. 

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think the important word there is legacy.  Dave's ego isn't content with owning the club, he wants to be spoken about in the same breath as the likes of Dick Donald, Fergie, and Willie Miller.  He wants to be a club legend.

...and therein lies the primary issue.

He is trying to force his way into leaving a legacy, like the aforementioned club legends, whereby he'll believe, in his own egotistical mind, he will be held in the same regard as Donald, Miller, and Ferguson et. al by AFC supporters. 

His methodology in trying to gain this accolade includes investing a lot of money into our club which enables him in his mind to unnecessarily interfere in recruitment, club management, and ultimately the product on the pitch.

Why have staff employed in positions in departments such as recruitment, club management, coaching, and other functional sections of the club when you are simply going to interfere and upset the smooth running of the club because you think you have the divine right to do so because of the amount of money you've invested?

Money = Power, Dominance, and Control in egotists/bullies' minds. It doesn't always though.

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

...and therein lies the primary issue.

He is trying to force his way into leaving a legacy, like the aforementioned club legends, whereby he'll believe, in his own egotistical mind, he will be held in the same regard as Donald, Miller, and Ferguson et. al by AFC supporters. 

To be fair, he probably is held in similar regard to Barry Ferguson by AFC supporters. 

Imo it's worth looking at the setup at other clubs in the Spl especially those above us.They seem to have sporting directors who have football experience like Lasley at St Mirren or Savage at Hearts or the manager has full control of the football operation like Mcinnes at Killie or Docherty at Dundee.I don't think any other club has a setup like ours with the top 3 guys  running the  club have no experience of playing coaching managing or scouting.

29 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Imo it's worth looking at the setup at other clubs in the Spl especially those above us.They seem to have sporting directors who have football experience like Lasley at St Mirren or Savage at Hearts or the manager has full control of the football operation like Mcinnes at Killie or Docherty at Dundee.I don't think any other club has a setup like ours with the top 3 guys  running the  club have no experience of playing coaching managing or scouting.

I think that's possibly one of the biggest problems in the running of the club.

Cormack is a fan with a software business

Milne is a fan with a (failed) construction business

Burrows is a Motherwell fan who got a job in football

Gunn is a fan who started out making the tea & coffee

Garner was Fergie's assistant 40 years ago and had the ignominy of scoring two own goals on his Celtic debut

Only one of them has ever played the game and that was decades ago in a different era.  There's not enough football knowledge to make informed decisions or gain the respect of football people.

At a minimum, Cormack needs to take a step back and we need a DoF who is capable and actually respected in the game.  Gunn can go back to making tea, preferably at another club.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Garner was Fergie's assistant 40 years ago and had the ignominy of scoring two own goals on his Celtic debut

Only one of them has ever played the game and that was decades ago in a different era.  There's not enough football knowledge to make informed decisions or gain the respect of football people.

At a minimum, Cormack needs to take a step back and we need a DoF who is capable and actually respected in the game.  Gunn can go back to making tea, preferably at another club.

Yeah but ‘football knowledge’ folk generally tend to be quite dumb generally for the most part also. Just take a look on here at all the football knowledge experts.

Women are smarter than men & live longer. Maybe we should ask some women for advice on next manager 

9 hours ago, Red Clive 1995 said:

Why on earth aren’t we rioting on Saturday after the match? We used to be great fans. Used to be nearly a protest every season in the late 90’s. Changed days now, shame. Why?

Simpler times young clive. Saturday 5pm outside the main stand was our time to rant. 

now Aberdeen fans can rant and moan 24/7 on here and twitter. and my lord we do. By the time it’s Saturday 5pm now we are just scunnered and looking for a beer… or to log into the hat. Or both

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Simpler times young clive. Saturday 5pm outside the main stand was our time to rant. 

now Aberdeen fans can rant and moan 24/7 on here and twitter. and my lord we do. By the time it’s Saturday 5pm now we are just scunnered and looking for a beer… or to log into the hat. Or both

Build the coffin and the protesters will come 

• Haha 2

We simply must win on Saturday so, generally, the players will be supported throughout the match regardless of how poor the game may be.

However post the match, should we lose or even draw I suspect that the anger towards Cormack and Co will outpour at the Main Entrance come 5pm.

A watershed moment IMO. 

5 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

We simply must win on Saturday so, generally, the players will be supported throughout the match regardless of how poor the game may be.

However post the match, should we lose or even draw I suspect that the anger towards Cormack and Co will outpour at the Main Entrance come 5pm.

A watershed moment IMO. 

Aberdeen fans won’t do a thing other than boo & few shout “sack the board” 

We’re generally an apathetic, reticent bunch.

Hopefully a win & nothing heard. 

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

A watershed moment IMO. 

Nah.

As pointed out above, social media means that the days of public protest from football fans....maybe The Green Brigade aside....are over and done with. Lose on Saturday and there'll be a few boos then everyone will skulk off. Half the crowd will already be in The Bobbin and Pittodrie Bar.

Apathy rules as people moan on Twitter/X and fans forums. It's the same as in politics....you would have thought that the most disastrous UK government(s) in history would have people out rioting on the street on a weekly basis, and support for independence being at unstoppable levels. 

But it's not like that. People just shrug their shoulders and say 'ach, what can you do ?' 

The very attitude that those in power love, because it enables them to keep on making the same disastrous decisions.

If this was France the fans would have burned the stadium down, stuck on yellow jackets, and would still be marching behind tractors up and down Union Street demanding that the price of cheese goes down. 

Fuck the UK, fuck apathy. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5
58 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Nah.

As pointed out above, social media means that the days of public protest from football fans....maybe The Green Brigade aside....are over and done with. Lose on Saturday and there'll be a few boos then everyone will skulk off. Half the crowd will already be in The Bobbin and Pittodrie Bar.

Apathy rules as people moan on Twitter/X and fans forums. It's the same as in politics....you would have thought that the most disastrous UK government(s) in history would have people out rioting on the street on a weekly basis, and support for independence being at unstoppable levels. 

But it's not like that. People just shrug their shoulders and say 'ach, what can you do ?' 

The very attitude that those in power love, because it enables them to keep on making the same disastrous decisions.

If this was France the fans would have burned the stadium down, stuck on yellow jackets, and would still be marching behind tractors up and down Union Street demanding that the price of cheese goes down. 

Fuck the UK, fuck apathy. 

If this was France I'd move. Onion selling, cheese eating surrender monkeys. A thoroughly horrible shower and no mistake. 

On 3/27/2024 at 9:03 PM, RabidGiraffe said:

Agree with this.

Cormack needs to take a back seat, possibly even stand down as chairman and let someone else perform that function - he can still be an influential figure as the owner. But if he stays as chairman he needs to perform his role without interfering everywhere else that’s outside that role.

Gunn should be moved back to a role that suits his abilities and experience- not running anything in the elite football side of things or handling management recruitment etc. Director of Operations or some nonsense. 

Garner is not a patch on Craig Brown imo, and shouldn’t be involved in any decision making role at all imo.
Someone like Willie Miller would be far better as the football non exec director.

Get a proper DoF in and give him and the CEO ultimate control to implement the strategy.

Our once proud club has been heading on a downward trajectory since the man with the ego took over as chairman. 

When is the point when we say "enough is enough "?

Defeat today, when we slip into 11th or when we get relegated?

Personally taking nearly 2 months to not be in a position to appoint a new manager is a trigger point for me.

I appreciate that Warnock walked early, but why?

Cormack has to begin the process of stepping down and, if the review is worth the paper it was written on, a restructure of the whole management of the club must begin.

Enough is, surely, enough. 

• Upvote 2

In line with some of the above comments, I'm now wondering if the review has in fact identified that Chairmen have to remain in the background. Any interference or public comments could be seen as undermining all the other roles within the club, including more importantly, the manager. Maybe, that's why we have heard very little from Cormack. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyred1 said:

In line with some of the above comments, I'm now wondering if the review has in fact identified that Chairmen have to remain in the background. Any interference or public comments could be seen as undermining all the other roles within the club, including more importantly, the manager. Maybe, that's why we have heard very little from Cormack. 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the report will have highlighted the fact that decisions should be made by people qualified to make them, and that there is a lack of qualified people in the club.

This also comes from a place of me being of the opinion that if there was already a sporting director in the club worthy of the name that a report wouldn’t even have needed to have been commissioned.

So for your final sentence to be true, we all know it’s a test of the ego. Burrows should be front & centre as CEO and not Cormack, but he has hitherto been unable to help himself. He cares too much what people think of him. The day he lost me was when he got that photo with a big cheeser in front of the boy’s grave. No class. He wants to be loved.

For me he should be preparing to transfer or sell part or all of his shareholding at the end of the season.

• Upvote 2
On 3/28/2024 at 9:38 AM, DeltaRay1903 said:

If this was France I'd move. Onion selling, cheese eating surrender monkeys. A thoroughly horrible shower and no mistake. 

Quite like the French.

Like a drink, eat what they want and don’t stress about life so much.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the report will have highlighted the fact that decisions should be made by people qualified to make them, and that there is a lack of qualified people in the club.

This also comes from a place of me being of the opinion that if there was already a sporting director in the club worthy of the name that a report wouldn’t even have needed to have been commissioned.

So for your final sentence to be true, we all know it’s a test of the ego. Burrows should be front & centre as CEO and not Cormack, but he has hitherto been unable to help himself. He cares too much what people think of him. The day he lost me was when he got that photo with a big cheeser in front of the boy’s grave. No class. He wants to be loved.

For me he should be preparing to transfer or sell part or all of his shareholding at the end of the season.

Again, agree with a lot of that assessment.

Sadly I can’t see the ego leaving the scene but I’m clinging to the hope he can take a leaf out of Dermot Desmond’s book and stay in the background day to day.

How the fk can you make such a mess of a club when issuing such a big budget compared to competition?

Cormack may have helped the club a bit financially but he’s long since past living off that credit now given the complete cluster fk he’s made of club.

His ego & inability to recognise his complete incompetence in football matters is legacy at club now & he needs hounded out of club. 
I am at stage where I almost hope we get relegated as it’s nothing more than we deserve 

18 hours ago, Helmet said:

Quite like the French.

Like a drink, eat what they want and don’t stress about life so much.

Horses for courses. No pun intended. I've eaten horse meat (not in France as it happens) and it was surprisingly good but I don't like them, their country, their food or even their wine.