Netherlands 4 - 0 Scotland

It’s to make the free kick taker think twice about putting ball ‘over’ the wall or at least make him lift it higher 🤷 causing them to miss high more often unless they are extremely good at the up & down, so it probably has actually stopped a few goals 🤷 

just by making the free kick takers job that lil bit harder

18 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Who started that crocodile thing. A player laying prostrate behind the defensive wall. How many goals have been stopped by teams using that as a tactic?

Not many I'll wager. Just a daft fad like the Robbie Fowler noseband and players ripping holes in the back of their socks. Winds me up no end.

5 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Waste of a defender. 

Just now, Simply Red said:

Never a 4-0. Important lesson for the team. We need to take our chances. 3-0 us v Norn Irn. Start Shankheid again and let him get 1 or 2. 

Awa. It's men against boys. The Dutch look as if they could step up another gear as well if required. Scotland are about as good as you could expect to be fair. One of the better teams in the second tier of European nations. 

• Dildo 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s to make the free kick taker think twice about putting ball ‘over’ the wall or at least make him lift it higher 🤷 causing them to miss high more often unless they are extremely good at the up & down, so it probably has actually stopped a few goals 🤷 

just by making the free kick takers job that lil bit harder

It's a waste of a defender. 

I don't think you could argue that it wasn't at least level until around 70mins. We might even have been slightly ahead on overall play. 

Fell apart though. Pretty worrying.

There's the guts of a team there, pretty solid and capable of playing and creating chances. There's absolutely nothing up front though, nothing at all. And the bench is not at the same level as the first picks.

The team that started looks very good and Shankland unlucky with his chance.  The problem come when the bench are used possibly midfield aside ( there are a couple players playing at a decent level) the rest are very average.  Souttar looked so far out of his depth its unreal.  Not really convinced with Gunn either, Clark to be fair wouldn't do a lot worse. Gordon probably is still your best Number 1.  

We were never really going to ‘compete’ against a ‘relaxed’ Netherlands team. That team is only getting better & better & has an abundance of quality in reserve. 

Way above our level. They have a tough group but I think they will be in latter rounds & push close for cup if they avoid France ‘after groups obvs’ until semi/final

Hope they get the Guffs in first knockout round 🤞 Guffs have a piss easy group 

6 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

It's a waste of a defender. 

I don’t think it is 🤷

allows wall to jump (or at least make free kick taker think they will) & seriously reduces free kick takers options & how much power he can put on strike of going over top of wall

1 minute ago, englishred said:

The team that started looks very good and Shankland unlucky with his chance.  The problem come when the bench are used possibly midfield aside ( there are a couple players playing at a decent level) the rest are very average.  Souttar looked so far out of his depth its unreal.  Not really convinced with Gunn either, Clark to be fair wouldn't do a lot worse. Gordon probably is still your best Number 1.  

LOL

Same as when he moved to Belgium, the snipers dream is miles oot his depth at that level. 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We were never really going to ‘compete’ against a ‘relaxed’ Netherlands team. That team is only getting better & better & has an abundance of quality in reserve. 

Way above our level. They have a tough group but I think they will be in latter rounds & push close for cup if they avoid France ‘after groups obvs’ until semi/final

Hope they get the Guffs in first knockout round 🤞 Guffs have a piss easy group 

England would beat the Dutch comfortably.

If England create the same chances as Scotland did, the likes of Kane, Foden etc will bury them. 

England or France will win it I think.

7 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Awa. It's men against boys. The Dutch look as if they could step up another gear as well if required. Scotland are about as good as you could expect to be fair. One of the better teams in the second tier of European nations. 

Not for the first 70mins.We looked good and were well in it. We should have been in front. Aye it was a friendly so we’ll assume the dutch werent playing in top gear. 
4-0 massively flattered them. 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

LOL

Same as when he moved to Belgium, the snipers dream is miles oot his depth at that level. 

Not going to argue with his record but he is in my opinion Scotlands best striker.  Adams seems to have lost a bit of spark and Dykes is a good impact sub

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If England create the same chances as Scotland did, the likes of Kane, Foden etc will bury them. 

At the moment we are in a golden time for our team.  We could name two starting 11's that would do well.  Winning something is another story but at the moment we have a lot of class, however a bit like scotland we are short up front.  Kane is by far the best after that there is a step down

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Spain are back in about it anaw, but it will be one of those three but France have a ridiculously strong squad and if they fancy it they should win it.