Netherlands 4 - 0 Scotland

6 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Spain are back in about it anaw, but it will be one of those three but France have a ridiculously strong squad and if they fancy it they should win it. 

Mbappe is the obvious game changer for them.

I just have a feeling England, with the squad they have, will at least get to the final. 
Bellingham, Rice in midfield, with Saka, Kane & Foden up front. 
Defensive questions maybe. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

For me we should be playing San Marino etc. Hammer teams and get the confidence sky high for the Euros.

These friendlies where we're the whipping boys just seem pointless.

Hear what yir saying but us beating san marino etc then playing actual Euros games v Germany/Hungary/Swiss would be too big a jump regardless of confidence gained from beating those teams. 

Clarke can tell the players they ended up getting pumped cos he made loads of subs and hope they take that and dont get the fear for the Germany game.

14 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Clarke can tell the players they ended up getting pumped cos he made loads of subs and hope they take that and dont get the fear for the Germany game.

Ha. That doesn't bode well for the subs. However, it's painfully obvious how much of a gap there is between our XI and squad.

Even the likes of Hickey is head and shoulders above Ralston/Patterson.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Mbappe is the obvious game changer for them.

I just have a feeling England, with the squad they have, will at least get to the final. 
Bellingham, Rice in midfield, with Saka, Kane & Foden up front. 
Defensive questions maybe. 

If he sticks with Maguire and Pickford, they won't win it.

2 hours ago, NEM said:

LOL

Same as when he moved to Belgium, the snipers dream is miles oot his depth at that level. 

Shankland was hopeless tonight. Failed to hold it up at all. A couple of yards short of pace. And when gifted a one on one he bottled it. Maybe starting put too much pressure on him and he let it get to him. Any of the normal forwards starting tonight and it could have been a different result. Its looking grim for Shankland though really out of his depth going by tonights performance.

• Upvote 1

Shite last 25 mins or so.

First half we were outclassing the Dutch by far and played some lovely football.

I'd take Shankland over Dykes or Adams anyday (nice to have a Scottish striker again.)

Had McGinn to score anytime ffs lol.

Think we will beat N. Ireland 3-0.

We MUST get Doaks into the Euros somehow but it won't happen unfortunately.

Defensive concentration and organisation is key in the later stages of these games against quality opposition.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, RedRevolution said:

Shankland was hopeless tonight. Failed to hold it up at all. A couple of yards short of pace. And when gifted a one on one he bottled it. Maybe starting put too much pressure on him and he let it get to him. Any of the normal forwards starting tonight and it could have been a different result. Its looking grim for Shankland though really out of his depth going by tonights performance.

Wee bit harsh.

He hit the crossbar but really should be scoring those.

Unlucky.

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

4-0 was incredibly harsh I thought.

Tonight does show that past our strongest 11, we are struggling though.

It was harsh, as it was a decent performance. Then the subs came on and with some the quality fell off a cliff.

Shankland had no impact whatsoever and missed the one decent chance. His forehead seemed bigger last night. Unsure why. 

The two quick goals late on made it look worse than we were. But we were basically full strength. That Dutch team were a mix of a team and still seemed comfortable. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Wee bit harsh.

He hit the crossbar but really should be scoring those.

Unlucky.

I know it’s brutal but accurate . I thought he had really developed he’s been good in an average hearts team. Maybe making the start just overwhelmed him . He deserves another chance but last night he was the weak link in a strong performance up to the substitutions .

3 minutes ago, redone said:

Itd make a massive difference if Robertson could fire in crosses anything like he does for Liverpool.   Instead he crosses like Shayden Morris in a Scotland shirt.

He was trying to play it high to the bag post a few times last night to try and take out their 2 big CH’s. Waste of time iyam. Just get it in the mixer with pace.