Netherlands 4 - 0 Scotland

Not sure how many watched the full match but we utterly outclassed Holland for about 40 mins and matched them for 70.

They were trying in front of a large crowd so I'm not having that.

They did make lots of mistakes too and lost possession quite a number of times.

Their subs made a big difference and ours didn't.

We will beat N. Ireland comfortsbly if we play both halves like the first and Shankland has a better chance of scoring than the useless Adams or Dykes (whom I like)

9 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Shite last 25 mins or so.

First half we were outclassing the Dutch by far and played some lovely football.

I'd take Shankland over Dykes or Adams anyday (nice to have a Scottish striker again.)

Had McGinn to score anytime ffs lol.

Think we will beat N. Ireland 3-0.

We MUST get Doaks into the Euros somehow but it won't happen unfortunately.

Defensive concentration and organisation is key in the later stages of these games against quality opposition.

Shankland is a better goalscorer, but a Scotland striker needs to be a guy who works hard outside the box and creates chances for others. 

There's absolutely fuck all point in having a guy who can bang in goals against Aberdeen or St Mirren, but spends 89 minutes of an international game standing watching. 

The players who benefitted most from last night's game were Dykes and Adams, because there's no way in a million years that Clarke will start Shankland in any of the Euro games. 

Worryingly, McGinn has looked off the boil in the last half a dozen Scotland games, and it was the same last night. 

Our substitutes, especially defensively, were awful. 

1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

Shankland is a better goalscorer, but a Scotland striker needs to be a guy who works hard outside the box and creates chances for others. 

There's absolutely fuck all point in having a guy who can bang in goals against Aberdeen or St Mirren, but spends 89 minutes of an international game standing watching. 

The players who benefitted most from last night's game were Dykes and Adams, because there's no way in a million years that Clarke will start Shankland in any of the Euro games. 

Worryingly, McGinn has looked off the boil in the last half a dozen Scotland games, and it was the same last night. 

I’d give the old 5 head another go. If you think Adam’s or Dykes would have caused Van Dijk many problems you are probably incorrect. We created no shortage of opportunities yesterday. 

give the 5 a go against Northern Ireland. If he’s pish he’s definitely had his chance. The other 2 have had plenty chances and shown they are just “the best of a bad bunch” 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I thought he looked a bit overweight. Maybe just bulked up in the gym or the way the kit sits on him.

18 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I’d give the old 5 head another go. If you think Adam’s or Dykes would have caused Van Dijk many problems you are probably incorrect. We created no shortage of opportunities yesterday. 

give the 5 a go against Northern Ireland. If he’s pish he’s definitely had his chance. The other 2 have had plenty chances and shown they are just “the best of a bad bunch” 

That sums up pretty much any Scotland striker over the last 25 years. 

Shankland's career has taken many strange turns. Prolific with Queen's Park, failed with us. Scored tons at Ayr, couldn't hit a barn door in Belgium. Meeeh at the Dabs, then can't stop scoring with Hearts. 

He either seems to be an absolute fit in a team, or he's useless. 

I haven't seen anything so far to suggest that he's international quality, despite all his goals with Hearts. Maybe it will come, but we simply don't have the time to allow players to find their feet, especially our strikers. 

10 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Shite last 25 mins or so.

First half we were outclassing the Dutch by far and played some lovely football.

I'd take Shankland over Dykes or Adams anyday (nice to have a Scottish striker again.)

Had McGinn to score anytime ffs lol.

Think we will beat N. Ireland 3-0.

We MUST get Doaks into the Euros somehow but it won't happen unfortunately.

Defensive concentration and organisation is key in the later stages of these games against quality opposition.

Tommy Conway of Bristol City should be getting a chance as striker.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Clarke sticks to favourites completely - so even if they were available, he'd still pick Hanley and Ryan Jack... but given you work for the SFA and good pals with Barnes and Livamenko, you'll know best.

Classic deflection comments! You can lift your skirt and attract as many wee English rejects you like! For me no thanks 

Just now, dave_min said:

As long as you’re comfortable with being wrong.

You don't think those players would make Scotland better? Na... you're absolutely stoned gaj.

Hope you enjoy Germany but they'll score 1 goal and finish on 1 point as per usual.

Useless cunts.

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

Your! So you ain’t Scottish, so your opinion is not required 

Born and bred Aberdeen.

I want Scotland to win but it doesn't ruin my day.

I see you didn't want to comment on the fact Scotlands best player is English, and without him Scotland wouldn't be at the Euros. Stupid cunt.

57 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Is Shankland a better goalscorer at international level? 

Jury is out. Dykes in particular has shown he can score important goals at international level. 

Just now, Roberto said:

Born and bred Aberdeen.

I want Scotland to win but it doesn't ruin my day.

I see you didn't want to comment on the fact Scotlands best player is English, and without him Scotland wouldn't be at the Euros. Stupid cunt.

So why put Your?? Not Our!!

slight difference from someone committed to playing for us to the 2 you mentioned who aren’t interested. Maybe mbappe would make us better. As I say maybe if you talk to them nicely they will play for us

Just now, The Gee Man said:

So why put Your?? Not Our!!

slight difference from someone committed to playing for us to the 2 you mentioned who aren’t interested. Maybe mbappe would make us better. As I say maybe if you talk to them nicely they will play for us

Ah so it's okay to lift your skirt when it suits?

There's no difference at all.

Your best player is English. Your striker is English. Your keeper is English.... lift the skirt.

I'll continue to say your now cause it bothers you.

ABERDEEN >Scotland.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, Roberto said:

Ah so it's okay to lift your skirt when it suits?

There's no difference at all.

Your best player is English. Your striker is English. Your keeper is English.... lift the skirt.

I'll continue to say your now cause it bothers you.

ABERDEEN >Scotland.

Pity The Fool

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

You don't think those players would make Scotland better? Na... you're absolutely stoned gaj.

Hope you enjoy Germany but they'll score 1 goal and finish on 1 point as per usual.

Useless cunts.

They won’t in time for the Euros. The team is currently better than the sum of its parts, so don’t want anybody disrupting that. Could maybe get them involved for us retaining the title in 2028.

Just now, dave_min said:

They won’t in time for the Euros. The team is currently better than the sum of its parts, so don’t want anybody disrupting that. Could maybe get them involved for us retaining the title in 2028.

I feel sorry for how you're going to feel after this Euros cause you're a decent cunt.