Thread O WWIII

Ke1t

War! What is it good for?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. WWIII in Europe

• It's coming
    • It's already started
    • You're hysterical. Wars don't happen.

Noises increasing around European governments that war's a coming. Deployments increasing, Russians building two new army groups. 

Putin more or less confirming something's in the pipe when he came out and said, "I've no intention of attacking Europe", much like he had no intention of attacking Ukraine. 

Its been a while since the last big one, the plebs need thinning out, the angry gnome in the Kremlin is running out of time, everyone from governments and military analysts to diplomats and politicos saying it's inevitable. 

Is it coming? 

Are you ready?

spacer.png

Watch the excellent 'Turning Point: The Bomb and the Cold War' on Netflix for a great understanding of what Putin is trying to achieve - basically the reformation of the old Soviet Union.

He's basically an old fashioned Communist Dictator in the Stalin mould who thought it would be ok for Russia to invade a country (hey Russia did it previously and no one said anything right) and take it by force with the population just accepting it.

Two slight errors in his thinking we're that he did not expect the Ukrainians to put up such a fight and also he never thought his military would perform so poorly.

If they are building two new army groups he better hope to fuck they are better than the ones he had already deployed to limited success in Ukraine.

If Ukraine falls, would you bet on Putin stopping there or will he turn his attentions to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, because you know, they were part of the old Soviet Union as well?

The West have also got alot to answer for as they have allowed his previous invasions to happen without much criticism and also by the continued expansion of NATO over the past 2 decades.

Do I think there will be WWIII, I sincerely hope to fuck not, and I really hope that someone in Russia is currently looking at Putin thinking this madness needs to stop now before things get critical and perhaps do something about it.

41 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Noises increasing around European governments that war's a coming. Deployments increasing, Russians building two new army groups. 

Putin more or less confirming something's in the pipe when he came out and said, "I've no intention of attacking Europe", much like he had no intention of attacking Ukraine. 

Its been a while since the last big one, the plebs need thinning out, the angry gnome in the Kremlin is running out of time, everyone from governments and military analysts to diplomats and politicos saying it's inevitable. 

Is it coming? 

Are you ready?

spacer.png

Not like you to be a bit dramatic Kelt. You love a military conflict eh?

22 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Watch the excellent 'Turning Point: The Bomb and the Cold War' on Netflix for a great understanding of what Putin is trying to achieve - basically the reformation of the old Soviet Union.

He's basically an old fashioned Communist Dictator in the Stalin mould who thought it would be ok for Russia to invade a country (hey Russia did it previously and no one said anything right) and take it by force with the population just accepting it.

Two slight errors in his thinking we're that he did not expect the Ukrainians to put up such a fight and also he never thought his military would perform so poorly.

If they are building two new army groups he better hope to fuck they are better than the ones he had already deployed to limited success in Ukraine.

If Ukraine falls, would you bet on Putin stopping there or will he turn his attentions to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, because you know, they were part of the old Soviet Union as well?

The West have also got alot to answer for as they have allowed his previous invasions to happen without much criticism and also by the continued expansion of NATO over the past 2 decades.

Do I think there will be WWIII, I sincerely hope to fuck not, and I really hope that someone in Russia is currently looking at Putin thinking this madness needs to stop now before things get critical and perhaps do something about it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C20iyKSvmlC/?igsh=MWF1bGJoNHpyaXFrYw==

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Not like you to be a bit dramatic Kelt. You love a military conflict eh?

Not being dramatic in the slightest, merely making a factual observation based on news reports and asking a question. 

It's more likely you're reading it in your excited internal voice because it's one on my posts and you know that guarantees quality. 

Take a minute to calm yourself down, then come back and read it in the voice of, for example, Morgan Freeman. 

Big factor will be the US elections in November.  If Biden wins Ukraine will continue to be a meat grinder for years.  If the orange nutter wins, stops funding Ukraine and pulls the US out of NATO, then the missiles will start to fly.  And while all eyes are on Europe, China will invade Taiwan and depending on how that goes, possibly pick a fight with some of her other neighbours, including Japan.

And that's just old fashioned conventional war over territory and resources.  There's been an awful lot of big IT failures in recent months on systems that impact our day to day lives, like at airports, food deliveries, and banks.  Wouldn't be surprised if there was some Russian and Chinese involvement in those.  Cyber warfare between states is a growing constant.

Certainly inevitable there will be a WWIII at some point, the only question is timescale. Could be soon, could be 50 years, who really knows. There again what is the definition of World War? I could see China agitating the west and Russia to go at each other while they sit back and watch smiling. Is that a world war or just east v west?

The whole Russia v Ukraine shit could have been stopped before it started imo. Had the west mobilised while Putin was pretending he wasn't going to attack I think he'd have backed down then accused the west of over reacting. We gave him the green light with our strongly worded letter approach. 

There's a lot of posturing in the EU this year while Ursula seeks re-nomination.  She was v keen on heading up NATO but thankfully they wouldn't trust her with that which is why Stoltenberg stayed on temporarily.

EU under Von der Leyen are desperate to introduce strict digital central bank currency controls in the next presidential term and thats why this year they are repeatedly ramping up the "war footing" and "misinformation" narratives to keep the rabble in line conceptually.

Its all going to backfire.  Ukraine is over.  USA will shift focus onto China.

The EU will unravel.  

5 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Certainly inevitable there will be a WWIII at some point, the only question is timescale. Could be soon, could be 50 years, who really knows. There again what is the definition of World War? I could see China agitating the west and Russia to go at each other while they sit back and watch smiling. Is that a world war or just east v west?

The whole Russia v Ukraine shit could have been stopped before it started imo. Had the west mobilised while Putin was pretending he wasn't going to attack I think he'd have backed down then accused the west of over reacting. We gave him the green light with our strongly worded letter approach. 

China is fucked as well, will be famine there soon. We'd fuck them into tomorrow within a day.

6 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Big factor will be the US elections in November.  If Biden wins Ukraine will continue to be a meat grinder for years.  If the orange nutter wins, stops funding Ukraine and pulls the US out of NATO, then the missiles will start to fly.  And while all eyes are on Europe, China will invade Taiwan and depending on how that goes, possibly pick a fight with some of her other neighbours, including Japan.

And that's just old fashioned conventional war over territory and resources.  There's been an awful lot of big IT failures in recent months on systems that impact our day to day lives, like at airports, food deliveries, and banks.  Wouldn't be surprised if there was some Russian and Chinese involvement in those.  Cyber warfare between states is a growing constant.

Taiwan actually has a chinese war tax on all imports, company I work for has boats working there, costs loads extra. Also can't import anything chinese made, we just take off the name or grind off. Will kick off.

4 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

You lot obviously weren't alive when the proper wars were raging. There is nothing even close to a big one going on just now or on the horizon.

Russia v Ukraine is a game of kiss chase FFS. If Putin really fancied a tear up he'd pulverise the yank puppets in a month. 

You kidding? Nato would fuck them in a day. He's struggling in Ukraine ffs, haha.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

You lot obviously weren't alive when the proper wars were raging. There is nothing even close to a big one going on just now or on the horizon.

Russia v Ukraine is a game of kiss chase FFS. If Putin really fancied a tear up he'd pulverise the yank puppets in a month. 

My grandad ran a machine gun post on his own in Italy, took out 20 Germans, got shot in his shoulder when he turned to celebrate the victory, I know all about war. It's in my blood you fucking maggot.

Just now, daytripping said:

My grandad ran a machine gun post on his own in Italy, took out 20 Germans, got shot in his shoulder when he turned to celebrate the victory, I know all about war. It's in my blood you fucking maggot.

Nah. Your arse would go at Livingston away loon.

In the words of Clare Grogan don't talk to me about war.

12 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Nah. Your arse would go at Livingston away loon.

In the words of Clare Grogan don't talk to me about war.

I lead the battle of Ibrox 85, I rest my case your honour. Have 100 witnesses. The day we stood up to rangers.

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

I lead the battle of Ibrox 85, I rest my case your honour. Have a 100 witnesses. The day we stood up to rangers.

Wasn't even 100 there if it's the one I'm thinking of. Sitting in the upper main stand because of ground reconstruction? Backs literally against the red brick wall so running wasn't on the menu. In the words of Mary Hopkin those were the days my friend. 

2 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Wasn't even 100 there if it's the one I'm thinking of. Sitting in the upper main stand because of ground reconstruction? Backs literally against the red brick wall so running wasn't on the menu. In the words of Mary Hopkin those were the days my friend. 

Probably not a 100, didn't have the time to count. Great day. Backs against the wall till we went for it.

I take back my abuse of you, everyone there that day did good.

1 minute ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

When Birmingham was still English. Great days for your old nan I'm sure.

Worked in Leicester in the 90's, was probably 50% asian, had a great time but the racial tension was on back then, fuck knows what its like now.