5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Good

Is it, though?

Pittodrie is a relic from another era... it was built in the last days of the 19th Century, and here we are a quarter the way through the 21st. 

I'm as nostalgic as the next (ex)-Aberdonian, but the only good thing about Pittodrie is the flourishing mould garden on the roof of the Main Stand. 

99618-that-fuckers-gots-to-GO-gif-Ja-MTd

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Think it's his first mins in months. Harsh to expect a footballer at any level to suddenly turn it on. 

Needs a loan and should've been granted one in January. Add him to the list of players mismanaged by the club. 

His first mins in months. He is still training. You don't lose the ability to control a ball, tackle, run and generally know how to play fitba by not playing regularly. He is terrible. 

• Upvote 4
7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm trying to keep my concerns about Thelin to myself. 

He's probably better than Yogi or Lennon, but is he the real deal or another Ebbe?

Bless Ebbe, he was a likeable character but an abysmal Aberdeen manager, despite being brilliant in Denmark. 

Ebbe felt hamstrung by the inability for his ethos to be embraced. The recruitment clearly didn’t help but the 433 style he wanted just didn’t fit with who we had. Which says a lot about who we had. Some great individuals but the defense was a catastrophe. Jimmy The Swede will need time and it’s not going to plain sailing. 

3 minutes ago, madjockmcferson said:

pittodrie cant be developed. there isnt the space and we need that for the extra income from private events etc.... it has to be a new stadium. todders is simply not fit for purpose. but i agree, we wont have a new stadium for at least another decade 

+1 for Todders, lad

1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

Hibs fans spent 7 years telling everyone how much they hated McInnes and his 'boring' football. 

Now they're desperate to throw everything at him to get him. 

Lol. 

Could have just said “Hibs fans” Lol.

& missed all the stuff in between 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Mouzer said:

His first mins in months. He is still training. You don't lose the ability to control a ball, tackle, run and generally know how to play fitba by not playing regularly. He is terrible. 

The same can be said for most, if not all of the Aberdeen starting eleven

3 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Ebbe felt hamstrung by the inability for his ethos to be embraced. The recruitment clearly didn’t help but the 433 style he wanted just didn’t fit with who we had. Which says a lot about who we had. Some great individuals but the defense was a catastrophe. Jimmy The Swede will need time and it’s not going to plain sailing. 

No. It’s going to be plane soaring 

1 minute ago, JumboJET said:

+1 for Todders, lad

Tinnhat on.

Pittodrie is done. No way round it. Need the sale money to build. No financial route to redeveloping Pittodrie and having something that makes a difference to us. It’s been the reality since the late nineties. I remember seeing the plans for the doomed Euro 2008 stadium in 2000 and they certainly knew it then. Nearly 25 years later and the numbers still point to a fresh build. Can’t say that fills my heart with joy in the slightest but it is what it is. Doesn’t change the Everest sized mountain that needs climbing to build the new Ewellevi.

44 minutes ago, minijc said:

Shinnie letting us down once again, ONE OF OUR OWN, though.

Shinnie was a disgrace today. Some fans clapped him off the pitch when he was sent off. Unbelievable. Would not give him the captains armband back when he serves his suspensions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Ebbe thought enough of the players he had to put them on ridiculous contracts, though. His spell at the club is part of the reason we brought in a spiralling alcoholic to rescue the situation... another terrific decision by Stupid Decisions™ FC.  

We're skint because we let this guy, and the 3 guys before him... two of whom weren't even real managers, and the other was a mediocre manager at best  (another great bunch of decisions)... spend all our money. And now we need YOU, barely functioning alcoholic with a major gambling addiction... we need YOU to build a team of first division journeymen to compete in the top league and save us from bankruptcy... because when your club is on the verge of extinction you want to put it in the safe hands of an unreliable drunk. 

Anyway... it sounds a lot worse when you say it out loud. 

Ebe, though, I feel he was at least as much at fault as the spoons who hired him and gave him free reign with dwindling resources. And then he fucked off with a, "Sorry. That's me. Still, eh?" 

11 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

People (quite rightly) rave about Eoin Jess but he wasn’t having the 433 and let the manager know

1 minute ago, G man said:

Shinnie was a disgrace today. Some fans clapped him off the pitch when he was sent off. Unbelievable. Would not give him the captains armband back when he serves his suspensions.

Another piece of abject stupidity from Shinnie, to match getting carded for dissent against Killie and Bonnyrigg.....fucking Bonnyrigg, and therefore missing the semi final. 

It's truly hard to work out what goes through his head sometimes. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Tinnhat on.

Pittodrie is done. No way round it. Need the sale money to build. No financial route to redeveloping Pittodrie and having something that makes a difference to us. It’s been the reality since the late nineties. I remember seeing the plans for the doomed Euro 2008 stadium in 2000 and they certainly knew it then. Nearly 25 years later and the numbers still point to a fresh build. Can’t say that fills my heart with joy in the slightest but it is what it is. Doesn’t change the Everest sized mountain that needs climbing to build the new Ewellevi.

It's a good job the property market is so buoyant in Aberdeen then.

32 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm trying to keep my concerns about Thelin to myself. 

He's probably better than Yogi or Lennon, but is he the real deal or another Ebbe?

Bless Ebbe, he was a likeable character but an abysmal Aberdeen manager, despite being brilliant in Denmark. 

Aye, his best comparison is probably a deid manager from 25 years ago because he came from a country that's a bitty close to Sweden.

• Haha 2

I absolutely fucking hate this squad of players.  Just a bunch of weak, gutless losers.  Scary how much we will be overpaying them compared to Dundee, Killie, St Mirren.  

Also if I have to see a midfield trio of Barron, Clarkson and Shinnie again I might just end myself.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, G man said:

Actually forgot Shinnie was sent off, so irate I was with Duncan’s cameo.

Getting a second yellow for a clear bookable offence after getting his first yellow for a clear bookable offence should be something he’s punished by the club for. Complete stupidity, and as captain he should know better (we know he doesn’t by now)

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Honved70 said:

look at them celebrating like they've won something, embarrassing....sums up modern football....celebrating absolutely feck all

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Look how much it means to them to finish in the Top 6

This is the dross we’re finishing behind this season

55 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

What a fucking embarrassment Dundee are. No chance of a European place and they sneak into the top 6 due to Motherwell scraping an equaliser. 

And their fans celebrate like they've won the Champions League. What a bunch of irrelevent, small minded, tinpot cunts. 

The arrogance of some people is quite incredible. Dundee have had a good season and they’ve boosted their finances with a top six finish that could see them kick on a bit next season. Of course it means a lot to to them to be in the top 6.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Entertaining enough 1st half.

Abysmal 2nd half. Not sure why we stopped getting the ball out wide to Duk.

Also how bad was Ryan Duncan? Jesus fuck looked like he’d never played football before

One of the worst sub appearances i have ever seen.

Il admit ive never been a fan as hes never impressed but fucking hell.

The passage of play when he got the ball in space on the half way line with space to run in to and stopped/miscontrolled it then hoofed it crossfield to noone was shite on a massive level

Well, that was, as stated before, the last trip to pittodrie this season. Can’t be arsed commenting on the game, other than Shinnie is a complete fud. Thought a few of the Dundee midfield looked decent and I like tiffanoy (or however you spell it) too. 
5 games to go and it can’t end fast enough! Well 6 including next week, which despite my optimism will very likely be a tough watch.

my turn drive too, so can’t even drown my sorrows before the game. 

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Just patch up the missing bit at the side of the dick donald and jobs a good 'un

Too iconic to replace now. 

Get some gardeners up on top of the main stand and we will be grand. Could maybe start planting stuff up there to increase cash flow

1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

Too iconic to replace now. 

Get some gardeners up on top of the main stand and we will be grand. Could maybe start planting stuff up there to increase cash flow

Gartenmann, Roos and Barron would be a good start 

• Haha 2

A match between 2 awful teams that got the 0-0 it thoroughly deserved. 

Embarrassing that we are behind that tinpot Dundee team wildly celebrating being pish as if finishing 6th is an achievement.

Rotten standard, rotten league. Next Saturday will be humiliating if Celtic can be arsed once they go 2 or 3 ahead.