2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Think it's his first mins in months. Harsh to expect a footballer at any level to suddenly turn it on. 

Needs a loan and should've been granted one in January. Add him to the list of players mismanaged by the club. 

No-ones expecting him to turn it on, but a performance remotely resembling a professional footballer would be nice. You’re probably right in that he should’ve been loaned about but he’s not even close to being good enough regardless.

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Supposedly Montgomery's family hate it here and are desperate to head back home to Australia.

If they do part company in the summer Hibs will surely pay whatever it takes to get McInnes out of his Killie contract and give him a decent contract and budget

McInnes would sort out the Hibs Achilles heel… that honking defence.

Not sure he’d go there though.

That said, finishing 4th with Killie & getting them in to Europe is as far as he can go with them, so you never know. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Kilmarnock have only lost 8 games out of 33. A quite unbelievable record, that's the same number of defeats as we have wins. 

12 draws though & that plastic pitch advantage seriously helps them. 

Already said it but I’m actually amazed they’re getting rid of that pitch (glad though) as they will be back to struggling for their lives within a few seasons back on grass

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Said it at the time. 2 yes, 3 no. You do wonder how much of these will start in our 11 next season. Straight of bat your looking at losing Roos, Gartenmann, Barron and probably Duk and Bojan. 

McGrath and probably Devlin. Club really need to reinvest the Miovski transfer fee on actual decent football players but I can’t see it happening especially when a new stadium is sorely needed 

3 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

What a fucking embarrassment Dundee are. No chance of a European place and they sneak into the top 6 due to Motherwell scraping an equaliser. 

And their fans celebrate like they've won the Champions League. What a bunch of irrelevent, small minded, tinpot cunts. 

Calderwood  would be proud.

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I can't believe he's looked at this Aberdeen squad before agreeing to come here. 

Sometimes you're better just staying where you are, particularly when your option is managing Aberdeen. 

I think being paid more is usually a good enough incentive for most people smart enough to put their loyalties aside. In any case, I imagine winning a cup with us in his tenure would have more english eyes on him than 2nd place in Sweden.

I'd take the risk, worse case scenario is he fails and goes home and back into the pool of managers who 'know the Swedish game' much like the conveyor belt of Scottish managers that continue to get jobs with the same reasoning. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McInnes would sort out the Hibs Achilles heel… that honking defence.

Not sure he’d go there though.

That said, finishing 4th with Killie & getting them in to Europe is as far as he can go with them, so you never know. 

He would go to either Hibs or Hearts in a heartbeat. The funding Hearts already get (especially from handouts) & the funding Hibs are about to get would see McInnes jump ship from Killie for sure. He’s definitely not going to achieve more than he has this season at Killie. He knows that

5 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

McGrath and probably Devlin. Club really need to reinvest the Miovski transfer fee on actual decent football players but I can’t see it happening especially when a new stadium is sorely needed 

Aberdeen considering new stadium now would be like a paraplegic house hunter considering buying a sixth floor flat in in a building with no lift

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Aberdeen considering new stadium now would be like a paraplegic house hunter considering buying a sixth floor flat in in a building with no lift

I fully agree but this is Aberdeen we’re talking about. These cunts gave Robson a permanent deal before the season was over with guaranteed European football to help tempt a decent manager in the door. The clubs a fucking joke and I can see Cormack desperate for a new shiny stadium to boost his already over inflated ego even more, he’ll probably name it the DC arena or some shite like that

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ll wager we’re still in Pittodrie in 15 years time

I know absolutely fuck all about building stadiums etc but surely upgrades* can be carried out to pittodrie 

* and by upgrades I don’t mean a shitty scoreboard and clock

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I fully agree but this is Aberdeen we’re talking about. These cunts gave Robson a permanent deal before the season was over with guaranteed European football to help tempt a decent manager in the door. The clubs a fucking joke and I can see Cormack desperate for a new shiny stadium to boost his already over inflated ego even more, he’ll probably name it the DC arena or some shite like that

It’s a pity DC Comics has already been taken but maybe Dave can sell them naming rights 🤔

3 minutes ago, Big Dode said:

I think being paid more is usually a good enough incentive for most people smart enough to put their loyalties aside. In any case, I imagine winning a cup with us in his tenure would have more english eyes on him than 2nd place in Sweden.

I'd take the risk, worse case scenario is he fails and goes home and back into the pool of managers who 'know the Swedish game' much like the conveyor belt of Scottish managers that continue to get jobs with the same reasoning. 

I'm trying to keep my concerns about Thelin to myself. 

He's probably better than Yogi or Lennon, but is he the real deal or another Ebbe?

Bless Ebbe, he was a likeable character but an abysmal Aberdeen manager, despite being brilliant in Denmark. 

• Like 1
  • Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That's SO Aberdeen, though. 

We have a brand, and that brand is Stupid Decisions™.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
16 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

What a fucking embarrassment Dundee are. No chance of a European place and they sneak into the top 6 due to Motherwell scraping an equaliser. 

And their fans celebrate like they've won the Champions League. What a bunch of irrelevent, small minded, tinpot cunts. 

Top six for Dundee is success. In the second half they were the only team trying to win the game. Rather than being critical of Dundee suggest you focus on our failings.

26 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Think it's his first mins in months. Harsh to expect a footballer at any level to suddenly turn it on. 

Needs a loan and should've been granted one in January. Add him to the list of players mismanaged by the club. 

Couldn’t even control simple passes to him.

Needs a loan for sure, but he’s never gonna be good enough for AFC

16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He would go to either Hibs or Hearts in a heartbeat. The funding Hearts already get (especially from handouts) & the funding Hibs are about to get would see McInnes jump ship from Killie for sure. He’s definitely not going to achieve more than he has this season at Killie. He knows that

Hibs fans spent 7 years telling everyone how much they hated McInnes and his 'boring' football. 

Now they're desperate to throw everything at him to get him. 

Lol.